Shane Doan's Future

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Only way he's back is if he willing to play on the fourth line next year with Richardson and martinook with zero pp time. Even then he's just not that effective so eh

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Shane Doan is an athlete, and a competitor. But I think he understands what's coming through the system. I can easily see him, if his speed and play continues through the season as it has started so far, saying enough is enough. He's more than earned a spot somewhere in the organization.

That being said, him being a competitor, I could see him wanting to keep playing. So it's anyone's guess, but I feel he's too involved with this franchise and cares so much about it that he would reflect on this year if it goes down the path it's started in and say "Alright, you could find someone else to replace me, or have someone else come up with the empty roster spot I would give up."

It's a shame too though. I know other fans don't like him, but let's be realistic. He's been with the same franchise his entire career. He's barely sniffed the playoffs, let alone the WCF. The guy is going to be emotional and complain. He wants his team to win, anyone else would do the same thing. So much respect for Doan. If he decides to keep playing, so be it. He's THE Coyote. Everyone in that locker room respects that, and always will.

As great a player as Shane Doan has been, he's an even better person and not only is that incredible, it's more important.

It's too bad he got the Rocky Mountain spotted fever, or Lyme's disease (don't remember which), as he has not been the same since.

Having Said that, I would never count the bull out, as every time I have, he's shown me different. To say he's an impressive human being is an understatement, we should all be more like Shane Doan.

You can just tell everyone loves and respects the guy. Like you said, an impressive human being.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This is my vote. I think he missed his chance to get traded and be a value for a Cup team. But for us, it's important he stays because he can be the grizzled old captain that provides guidance and experience for the young pups. Plus, next season, maybe that youth has come along enough for a playoff run.

He loves Arizona. This is home for his family, he has a big ranch and he's an amazing ambassador for the Coyotes and hockey in general. He always gives great interviews and does so with eagerness and a smile. He's Mr. Coyote as Ernie Banks is Mr. Cub.

He has a big ranch? I think he lives on a horse property but didn't know he had a ranch unless you are talking about property in Alberta.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
One of the prospects stayed at the ranch (nice house, not a barn) during training camp. Strome I think.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
One of the prospects stayed at the ranch (nice house, not a barn) during training camp. Strome I think.

What do you mean by ranch? My definition of a ranch is hundred of acres, livestock, barns, equipment, no neighbors within a few miles etc.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Another point worth considering is Doan's close friendship with Jarome Iginla, and to look at the travelling circus he's turned into since leaving Calgary. All those years with the Flames and now with his 4th team and still no Cup.
That's a good point. There's a better chance you chase and don't end up with anything than the other way around. I suspect Ray Bourque was more an exception than a rule.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
What do you mean by ranch? My definition of a ranch is hundred of acres, livestock, barns, equipment, no neighbors within a few miles etc.

Doan mentioned it during one of his radio interviews. My impression is that Doan's property is a ranch property, with his house, large open area (doesn't he have a bunch of horses?) and a guest house. Strome stayed in the guest house.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Doan mentioned it during one of his radio interviews. My impression is that Doan's property is a ranch property, with his house, large open area (doesn't he have a bunch of horses?) and a guest house. Strome stayed in the guest house.

Ok, so ranch by name only.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad