Confirmed with Link: Shane Doan named Special Advisor to the General Manager

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Well, it would be productive to address the elephant in the room, and by that I mean half your cap going to 4 players. Pick two and move them, I don’t care which two, but move two of them and redistribute the cap throughout the line up making for a better team. Less flash, more crash………
Matthews is going to be re-signed. Nylander and the Leafs either come to an agreement on an extension or he WILL be traded. Right now, the leafs can't enter into contract extension talks with Marner and they are not currently peddling his name to anyone. Unless there is an unsolicited crazy offer, Marner isn't going anywhere. JT has a NMC and will also stay. 2 of the 4 will definitely not move.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Matthews is going to be re-signed. Nylander and the Leafs either come to an agreement on an extension or he WILL be traded. Right now, the leafs can't enter into contract extension talks with Marner and they are not currently peddling his name to anyone. Unless there is an unsolicited crazy offer, Marner isn't going anywhere. JT has a NMC and will also stay. 2 of the 4 will definitely not move.
I would have both Nylander and a Marner’s name out there to judge what kind of interest there is.
It doesn’t mean trade but is there a core D that might be available as a result.
The team should work on re-signing Matthews but be ready in the event Nylander wants a big dollar and Marner wants as much as Matthews. Proactive not reactive.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
They won’t win shit without doing what I propose, rinse and repeat and we’ll all be saying the same thing next year after another playoff disappointment………

I would have both Nylander and a Marner’s name out there to judge what kind of interest there is.
It doesn’t mean trade but is there a core D that might be available as a result.
The team should work on re-signing Matthews but be ready in the event Nylander wants a big dollar and Marner wants as much as Matthews. Proactive not reactive.
If there are takers move them, any of them. JT won’t be going anywhere so move 2 of 34, 16, 88……….

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Marner's contract is done in 2 years. He isn't even eligible for an extension. That conversation isn't even happening.

They won’t win shit without doing what I propose, rinse and repeat and we’ll all be saying the same thing next year after another playoff disappointment………

If there are takers move them, any of them. JT won’t be going anywhere so move 2 of 34, 16, 88……….
It doesn't matter what anybody thinks. A new GM isn't gutting a 111 point team

Reactions: bax

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Marner's contract is done in 2 years. He isn't even eligible for an extension. That conversation isn't even happening.

It doesn't matter what anybody thinks. A new GM isn't gutting a 111 point team
Tree can, Tree will……….

Notsince67

Apr 27, 2018
Tree can, Tree will……….
He has PTSD from all the good players not wanting to play in Calgary. He isn't doing shit except bargain hard with Willy's agent because of his experience with Gross. I'd say there is little chance they let the contract go unextended.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Yeh, they fired all their execs 1 week and hired Dubas the next after his agent made unreasonable demands suddenly with Shanny.
No, they fired their executives in April at the end of the regular season. They asked permission to talk to Dubas on the 20th of May.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
The question is:
Is paying Matthews/Marner 13/14 and Nylander 10 (for example) making us a better team going forward?
History says no, at least not if there are offers that improve the team which I’m sure are out there if you have the stones to drop the hammer……..

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
He has PTSD from all the good players not wanting to play in Calgary. He isn't doing shit except bargain hard with Willy's agent because of his experience with Gross. I'd say there is little chance they let the contract go unextended.
Man you couldn’t be anymore depressing, why not mail me the razor blades too……….

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
So, I didn't post anywhere because I'd get roasted, but a friend of a friend "apparently" sat next to Treliving on a flight while he was talking to Doan like a week ago. Apparently Treliving had dozens of texts from GMs that, and I quote, said "there were lots of GMs willing to help him with his Matthews problem" haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad