Shanahan trying to bypass little fella

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudcrutch79

Jul 5, 2003
The Big Smoke
www.mc79hockey.com
These guys are Pejorative Slured. If they think that leadership is the problem, why don't they sit down with the owners 1-1? They'd get their lunch eaten, that's why.

I have a much harder time believing that a bunch of guys who are incredibly successful are being led down the garden path than I do believing that about a bunch of guys with high school educations.

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
mudcrutch79 said:
These guys are Pejorative Slured. If they think that leadership is the problem, why don't they sit down with the owners 1-1? They'd get their lunch eaten, that's why.

I have a much harder time believing that a bunch of guys who are incredibly successful are being led down the garden path than I do believing that about a bunch of guys with high school educations.

If those guys are such incredibly great businessmen, how come we have the problmes we do?

YellHockey*

hockeytown9321 said:
If those guys are such incredibly great businessmen, how come we have the problmes we do?

Because they're smart but they also know when to play stupid.

"Huh? I thought that girl was you?"

(All five people who watched Joey last night will get that one).

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
hockeytown9321 said:
See, how can I argue with that?

Are you involved in the negotiations personally??? I think Shanahan is an idiot, you don't need to convince me otherwise. I just don't like him, so don't feel you need to argue otherwise. I like liver and onions, but I don't mind if you don't...

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
Bring Back Bucky said:
Are you involved in the negotiations personally??? I think Shanahan is an idiot, you don't need to convince me otherwise. I just don't like him, so don't feel you need to argue otherwise. I like liver and onions, but I don't mind if you don't...

OK, but if you want people to put any stock in your opinions, maybe you should back up your reasons for thinking the guy should be driving a garbage truck.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Bring Back Bucky said:

You like liver and onions? Eww. :lol

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
hockeytown9321 said:
OK, but if you want people to put any stock in your opinions, maybe you should back up your reasons for thinking the guy should be driving a garbage truck.

Maybe you shouldn't refer to Mr. Bettman as the "Little Fella" in a demeaning manner if you want the good people on the board to purchase any options in the stock of your word, either.

I didn't suggest Mr. Shanahan could DRIVE the garbage truck, I'm not sure he would be bright enough to pass the exam for the class 2 drivers license. I thought he's lucky not to be WORKING ON THE BACK. I don't look down at garbage truck employees, I have a couple of friends who work on ém. I just think he should get down on his knees and give praise & thanks to whatever higher power he subscribes to for the fact that he made 4 million dollars last year playing hockey, instead of going to work like your everyday garbageman or farm worker. He, like the average hockey fan may be frustrated that we are in this lockout, but it's a two way problem that will have to be solved by the lawyers whether we feel injusticed or not.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Bruwinz20 said:
You like liver and onions? Eww. :lol

Love em. I also love oysters, haddock roe, deermeat,moosemeat,spinach, chicken hearts & gizzards and a bunch of other weird stuff.

But get this: I don't eat ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise or relish.

I'm a pretty bizarre eater...

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
Bring Back Bucky said:
Maybe you shouldn't refer to Mr. Bettman as the "Little Fella" in a demeaning manner if you want the good people on the board to purchase any options in the stock of your word, either.

I didn't suggest Mr. Shanahan could DRIVE the garbage truck, I'm not sure he would be bright enough to pass the exam for the class 2 drivers license. I thought he's lucky not to be WORKING ON THE BACK. I don't look down at garbage truck employees, I have a couple of friends who work on ém. I just think he should get down on his knees and give praise & thanks to whatever higher power he subscribes to for the fact that he made 4 million dollars last year playing hockey, instead of going to work like your everyday garbageman or farm worker. He, like the average hockey fan may be frustrated that we are in this lockout, but it's a two way problem that will have to be solved by the lawyers whether we feel injusticed or not.

So its demeaning for me to call Bettman the little fella but OK when you say Shanahan should be a garbageman. OK. :dunno:

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
If there was an ounce of sanity involved in NHL salaries Shanahan would not be paid half of what he currently gets.The owners need, yes need protection from themselves. The little fella as you call him will get some fiscal sanity as he is being paid to do it. Its funny a man that has been as overrated as Shanny has been, being the guy to try to solve it. He is one of the poster children for bad salaries driving the salary structure of the league through the roof.( nice guy, decent player in his day) I do not care what we ultimately call the new world order, but a link between revenues and player costs is a must and i have no idea how that can be denied. Before you try and tell me we do not know what revenues really are, I say ********. A team of good accountants can easily figure it out.

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
SwisshockeyAcademy said:
If there was an ounce of sanity involved in NHL salaries Shanahan would not be paid half of what he currently gets.The owners need, yes need protection from themselves. The little fella as you call him will get some fiscal sanity as he is being paid to do it. Its funny a man that has been as overrated as Shanny has been, being the guy to try to solve it. He is one of the poster children for bad salaries driving the salary structure of the league through the roof.( nice guy, decent player in his day) I do not care what we ultimately call the new world order, but a link between revenues and player costs is a must and i have no idea how that can be denied. Before you try and tell me we do not know what revenues really are, I say ********. A team of good accountants can easily figure it out.

Which of Shanahan's contracts set the market for anybody else?

Was it any of the three times he resigned with Detroit for less than he could have goten as a free agent?

A Good Flying Bird*

mudcrutch79 said:

Uh ... isn't that what Shanahan is proposing ...

A Good Flying Bird*

SwisshockeyAcademy said:
owners need, yes need protection from themselves.

Hah.
If this is true, they have no business whatsoever in any kind of business.

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
What constantly baffles me is why the pro-PA people (and, apparently, the members of the PA themselves) fail to understand that Bettman is working at the behest of the owners. There's a total lack of understanding of the fact he is doing the owner's bidding, not vice-versa.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Shanahan is setting up a meeting with people close to the game to find out ways to improve the game on the ice it has nothing to do with the CBA. :dunno:

zeppelin97

Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
CarlRacki said:
What constantly baffles me is why the pro-PA people (and, apparently, the members of the PA themselves) fail to understand that Bettman is working at the behest of the owners. There's a total lack of understanding of the fact he is doing the owner's bidding, not vice-versa.

Its kinda odd. Bill Daly, NHL vice president, was asked if a luxury tax could work and he said,

"If they give us a meaningful proposal, absolutely I would think that it would be incumbent on us to consider it and to see if it warrants a meaningful counter-proposal"

Strange how Daly is open and flexible to negotiating. The opposite of Bettman's inflexabilty. You can make your own conclusions, but imo, not all owners may be in favor of a salary cap. If the VP is open to luxury tax dialogue, I'm thinking there are some owners open to it as well. Theres a gag order on all owners/GMs, i believe, so we'll never know.

I don't believe for a second that all 30 owners & GMs are in favor of a salary cap and fully supporting Bettman. I think its just Bettman being anal on his own.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Actually both Bettman and Daly said that a luxury tax won't work.

It's just that Daly added that if the union would make some concessions which truly bring the process forward, the league will consider giving a counter-proposal.
That has nothing to do with Daly agreeing to a luxury tax, as the discussion consists of much more than the cap/luxury tax talk.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
hockeytown9321 said:
So its demeaning for me to call Bettman the little fella but OK when you say Shanahan should be a garbageman. OK. :dunno:

I think you may need to back up on this one. I'm not doing any whining about your "meanness". I was just pointing out that you shouldn't cry foul when someone else does it. I couldn't care less if you spend your whole day coming up with clever names to make fun of Gary Bettman. But when you call someone out for being a big meanie, be prepared to show yourself to be a saint. Physician, heal thyself..

hockeytown9321

Jun 18, 2004
Bring Back Bucky said:
I think you may need to back up on this one. I'm not doing any whining about your "meanness". I was just pointing out that you shouldn't cry foul when someone else does it. I couldn't care less if you spend your whole day coming up with clever names to make fun of Gary Bettman. But when you call someone out for being a big meanie, be prepared to show yourself to be a saint. Physician, heal thyself..

I'm not upset that you don't like Brendan Shanahan. I really don't care. I just find the argument that he shouldn't try to get something done because you think he's a garbageman. Who cares if you like someone or don't. If they get something done to save the league, great. I don't like Brian Burke. But I could live with his proposal.

mudcrutch79

Jul 5, 2003
The Big Smoke
www.mc79hockey.com
Newsguyone said:
Uh ... isn't that what Shanahan is proposing ...

Nope, he's proposing that his side maintain their advisors, while he casts blame on Bettman. If he's such a smart guy, who can see that the help is getting in the way, why doesn't he suggest ****canning Goodenow and Co.? I'm moving over towards the players side in this lockout, but the demonization of Bettman by the players (and these postings-this little fella stuff is a step away from calling the guy a New York lawyer, we all know what it's code for) is absurd. Bettman is only able to do what the owners let him.

ceber

Apr 28, 2003
Wyoming, MN
hockeytown9321 said:
Shanahan is trying to arrange a meeting between the PA and some team offcials in order to bypass Bettman.

What a terrible mistake that would be. Luckily, I doubt any team officials would be foolish enough to let that get very far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad