SFY Appreciation Thread

Tampabear

Mar 5, 2014
SFY is a class act and is making the Lightning a viable team team for the long term. I can't wait to see them in 2 years.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Really is damn impressive what he has done. He took a bad situation, and got a good return from it. He traded an over achieving rooking for a stud goalie, got flamed for it, then turned out to be 100% correct.

I am still impressed with the Marty return. I thought Cally and a second would be all that NY would offer.

In SFY I trust. He has proven himself, and his system. This team has prospects and potential. Hopefully they hit it.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I know it's probably just me talking here but I'm not all that upset with Marty or Yzerman. Don't get me wrong it was a ****** situation and wish it never happened. I would rather still have Marty than not but he obviously wanted out and Yzerman granted his wish. It's too bad but life goes on. Marty still did a lot for this team to be thankful for him and so has Yzerman. Marty will still be big in our hearts but this was a tough pill to swallow. It will take some time to get over and over time we will love Marty as much as we did before any of this came out. I know I still do and hope he goes on and finishes his career strong. Just not against the Lightning. :)

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
All class Stevey Y. Didn't have much of a choice but to make the deal, he waited until deadline day and got us a great deal. Hands down he's a top 5 GM.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
The more moves SFY makes, the more I trust him. Obviously the Marty move was tough, but the move was not an organizational move, but granting a player's request. The Conacher move was tough, but I think we can all agree it was a genius move a year later!

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Lebrun article.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/29488/gms-praise-moves-by-blues-habs-wild

Tampa Bay Lightning GM Steve Yzerman had only one team to deal with in meeting the trade demand of his captain, Martin St. Louis, but Yzerman still got a decent deal out of it from the New York Rangers.

"I thought Steve did an excellent job managing that situation. He got a nice return," said a Western Conference GM.

Said another Western Conference GM via email: "To me, Steve Yzerman did the best job. He was dealt a bad hand. And nobody could have played that hand any better. Plus he did it with class (as always)."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad