Euro: SF: Portugal vs. Wales, 7/6/2015

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
This will probably be another ugly match like Wales-Northern Ireland or all other Portugal matches. Possibly 0-0. I will still go with Wales because their coaching is far better despite their key suspensions and Portugal hasn't done anything to convince me that they can dominate an opponent.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Really wish Davies and Ramsey could play here

Going to be tough. Collins is a decent CB but completely different type of player to Davies and doesn't fit the system as well. Interested to see if they go with Williams or King to replace Ramsey, I'd go with Williams as he'll drive the play forward more.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ronaldo vs Bale. Would be awesome if this game got really ugly and they got into it

Go Wales!

Bale and Allen will need to have massive games.

kov

Jul 5, 2002
NYC
Davies out as well? Oof, he's been massive.

Portugal without William Carvalho and Adrien Silva, not as detrimental as Davies and Ramsey.

idiroft

Sep 21, 2012
Lisboa
Davies out as well? Oof, he's been massive.

Portugal without William Carvalho and Adrien Silva, not as detrimental as Davies and Ramsey.

No William is a godsend. He has the same intensity as an 80 year-old.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Not sure which one of these teams to pick to get rolled by Germany/Italy.

I'll say Portugal for the lolz.

The fact that either of these squads is in the SF speaks to the tournament this year as a whole really.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The game will be decided by this legend.

cmwqtk10.jpg

UncleDal

Metal Thrasing Mad
Aug 8, 2010
Edmonton
Hoping for Wales.
I really don't like the idea of Portugal being where they are after not winning a game in the group stage.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Hoping for Wales.
I really don't like the idea of Portugal being where they are after not winning a game in the group stage.

That's on Croatia and Poland for not putting them away when they had the chance. :dunno:

Hell, Wales lost to England of all teams, and they've made it this far as well. :laugh:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They fit well. And they have the history. And they'll be confident.

Still mad about 2006 then? :)

Italy has done better than France at every major tournament they have been in together since 2006 except for the most recent World Cup where France had an exponentially easier draw. To write them off would be unwise.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
They fit well. And they have the history. And they'll be confident.

Very bold statement considering the Italians knocked out France in the 2006 WC and 2008 Euros. They also have a 18-10-9 record vs. France all time.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Still mad about 2006 then? :)

Italy has done better than France at every major tournament they have been in together since 2006 except for the most recent World Cup where France had an exponentially easier draw. To write them off would be unwise.

Very bold statement considering the Italians knocked out France in the 2006 WC and 2008 Euros. They also have a 18-10-9 record vs. France all time.

:shakehead
France has had Italy's number since a long time ago. They didn't "beat" us in 2006, they won the pens, which is entirely different.
As for 2008, we were completely out of it, italians didn't knock us out.

Totally not mad, why would I be mad? I am confident if we face Italy, not confident if we face Germany. Not really confident about Iceland either in fact. That's a really weird statement of yours.

How is that being mad? I respect Italy fully and I don't see how I write them off. In fact I believe they'll beat Germany. That's how lucky DD is.

I have every reason to hate Germany though. I was actually alive in 1982 and that ship has never sailed.

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
Pepe sat out training due to a precaution.

Massive loss if he misses the match, and he might.

Holy ****

Huge blow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad