GDT: SF • Jan. 3 • Canada 1, United States 5 • Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Is that supposed to somehow make up for his uninspiring play? He did nothing to help this team. He looked GOOD on a few PPs, but that's it. Golden leafs boy didn't make it count on the scoresheet, an all I see is leafs fans praising him everytime he touches the puck.

Atleast he can hit the net.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Congrats USA, you were the better team. Team USA was better in every facet of the game :handclap:. Team Canada played like ****. Slow, imprecise, lazy, bad goaltending and bad coaching.

Go Team USA, I'm behind you!

Helpoing

21st c schizoid man
Jun 28, 2011
Riga
So, this is Canada's Team B, yes? Because lots of guys weren't released by their NHL teams, right? Or maybe there were many injured key players? There has to be some excuse.

Congratulations USA, this is a very big win.

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005
Is that supposed to somehow make up for his uninspiring play? He did nothing to help this team. He looked GOOD on a few PPs, but that's it. Golden leafs boy didn't make it count on the scoresheet, an all I see is leafs fans praising him everytime he touches the puck.

Does he deserve to be praised? Not really - no one does today.

But it's silly to knock him offensively, he led Canada in points among defensemen and his PP time was limited which I still can't figure out.

MurphyDump

Dec 22, 2010
I'll remember this game the next time a Canadian poster boasts about how Canada's top end players don't get to play in this tournament because they're usually playing in the NHL.

It was ONE bad game you maroon!

When you catch us in overall championships, then you can chirp.

Jack Bourdain

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 25, 2008
Congrats John Gibson, MVP. Shows you how far a good goalie can take you in this tournament.

Next year, get me a captain who actually can lead a team. Bye RNH.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Congratulations to team USA for what has been a good old fashioned ass kicking. They were definitely a class above Canada today. Canada's issues throughout the whole tournament, mainly struggling to maintain possession in the offensive zone and transition effectively out of the defensive zone, all became tremendously apparent. I guess there were bigger things to worry about than the lack of light...

There is no shame in losing to a quality team, but it is indeed shameful to play so poorly. This has definitely been the worst performance in a single game by Canada at this tournament since 1998.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Good thing for Canadians is that they know that they lost for very good team.. So maybe even in Canada, then it aint that big fiasco to be in bronze game.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
From relegation last year to the gold medal game this year... nice turn around! Congrats to the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad