Speculation: Setoguchi/Clutterbuck - Which one stays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
I love Clutter but IMO, he is worth more in a trade than he is to this club.... unless we hear that he rally's the clubhouse to a Stanley Cup run this year, I see him going for a decent haul... ***it is hard to value his worth inside the locker room. He shows every quality off the ice you can ask for in a player

I feel that Fletcher badly wants to see Seto get back to a 30 goal scorer and will give him every opportunity to do so.

Also with forecasting our future prospects joining the Wild, I can see Clutterbuck being moved before Seto to make room..... Bulmer - Clutter

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Clutter plays on an island, as someone says. If you want three lines with the primary purpose of scoring, I don't see how you could be in favor of keeping Clutter over Seto. He's great at what he does (Clutter) but it's a one-man gig...everything he does seems to be a solo effort. I'd rather we keep both and play wait and see with how our prospects pan out...if the third line can't be relied on to create offense while maintaining decent defense, then they should go back to focusing on D and clutter would maintain his value. If Larsson and Palmieri continue to pot goals and create offense as "energy" guys in the NHL then Clutter is expendable. Seto is a seasoned NHLr with a feel for the pace of the top game, and there's little chance anyone in Houston right now will be able to outperform him the first part of this really short season. And we need those games.
Not worth the risk.

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
I don't want to see either traded. They are important pieces here, great character guys. Seto is going to be a beast on FBJ's wing.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
clutterbuck imo is the hardest working wild player since wes walz retired. i think hes terrific & underpaid. that said because of past & present mgmt poor draft choices/ trades (see cuma, leddy, johnsson, barker, etc) we really need a quality Dman (or 2) and big buck is trade bait.

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
clutterbuck imo is the hardest working wild player since wes walz retired. i think hes terrific & underpaid. that said because of past & present mgmt poor draft choices/ trades (see cuma, leddy, johnsson, barker, etc) we really need a quality Dman (or 2) and big buck is trade bait.

Do you know what all of those skaters have in common, they're in the past. Let it go and move on... Fletcher has, and that has worked out well for him

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/team-rankings/

Parise / Suter .....

enough said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad