Friedman: Seth Jones being called on

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Jones is under contract through to the end of 2030. He also has a NMC.

So, the 50% retain element (or "x" percent I suppose) is only one of the issues involved, and could easily be less significant than what I mentioned here in the 1st paragraph.

From a Senator's perspective, I have no idea why Dorion even bothered calling. This assumes that the Friedman reporting has any veracity in the first place.

Last edited:

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto

Was called on by Ottawa. Discussions didn’t go anywhere as expected.

I’m not here to make the typical HFBoards delusions of grandeur trade proposal.

I’m asking for help.

Someone — Please.

Help.

What is a realistic scenario for the Hawks to move jones?

What a nothing rumour….

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Any type of jones trade if it were to ever happen is a offseason type of move. My guess it’s just gms calling each other to say high.

I heard that Pierre said hi, but Kyle outright rejected the hi, with BYE! Rumour has it, there won't be any hi or bye in the near future.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Seth Jones was really, really good under Tortorella.

The Hawks are trying hard to tank and Ristolainen would be an ideal guy for that.

I don't care enough about the Flyers and Hawks to fill in the details on what other pieces would make it work but a deal including these two guys seems both like a spectacularly bad yet intriguing idea.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

The Hawks are trying hard to tank and Ristolainen would be an ideal guy for that.

I don't care enough about the Flyers and Hawks to fill in the details on what other pieces would make it work but a deal including these two guys seems both like a spectacularly bad yet intriguing idea.
No thank you on that one

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne

Thank god Chuck Fletcher can't read, otherwise I'd demand you delete this post.

• Haha
Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Bruin4Life

Nov 6, 2006

Was called on by Ottawa. Discussions didn’t go anywhere as expected.

I’m not here to make the typical HFBoards delusions of grandeur trade proposal.

I’m asking for help.

Someone — Please.

Help.

What is a realistic scenario for the Hawks to move jones?

Rielly can be had for free..

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I dont watch Chicago. I watched Jones at CBus often, and he was mostly very good.

What happened? Not like he is old or had horrible injuries (?), right?

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I dont watch Chicago. I watched Jones at CBus often, and he was mostly very good.

What happened? Not like he is old or had horrible injuries (?), right?
nothing hes still good. Its a weird narrative created because people didnt like the contract he signed and the trade bowman made. It doesnt change the player he is. I believe most GMs could recognize this.

He plays 30 min a night on a team that is intentionally tanking. Hes playing with Jack Johnson on the first pair. So he hasnt looked himself this year but last year was 100% a #1 defenseman. He will be going forward for the next few years as well.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He's a good Dman, not great, or amazing. His name does more for him than his play on the ice does. If he's your #1 Dman, your team probably isn't going to be too great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad