Friedman: Seth Jones being called on

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Not to be a wet blanket, but if Friedman even says the discussions went nowhere and it's not going to happen, then is this even discussion-worthy?
He wants clout. People were stupid enough to react to his “everyone is available on the Canucks except pettersson b.s” so now he thinks everyone will just buy into whatever crap he says.

Ser Grogu

Dank farrik
Aug 6, 2009
low character.jpg

What the hell, Pierre?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The bigger takeaway is that the Sens are calling everywhere for a defensemen .. that could have some interesting results

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
It didn't go anywhere and it's not going to happen bc Ottawa is on his NTC list.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
honestly, I think it would be really fun if someone got their hands on a GM phone roster and went around crank calling teams with bogus trade offers. just pretend to be the GM's secretary and say the boss is on the other line with another team and then ask about availability of every player with a NTC and then start offering 6th round picks for 'cap dumps' like pajama boy and jack eichel.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Seth Jones is still a top pairing defenseman at worst, he's just about 1-2M overpaid.

He's playing more like a #2 than a #1 this season, but he was everything he was cracked up to be and more last year.

The bigger issue is his full NMC. He controls where he goes. I think his full NMC is a bigger barrier to him getting moved than his contract.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Retain 50% for Broberg, 2023 1st and Puljujarvi then
I'm not against retaining just to get rid of him, but 50% is a lot.

That's almost 5M in dead cap space tied up for the next 7 years.

Tough pill to swallow, but I wouldn't be upset if that's what Kyle Davidson decides to do.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
In the offseason. The Avs and Sens should sit down and figure out a D Toews trade. DeBrincat may come back to Colorado in this swap.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
PD "Yo, it's ya' boy, Pierre Dorion. Just checkin' to see what's cookin' on the trade menu?"
"Who are you interested in?"
PD "Who you got? Wanna' do Jones 50% for Debrincat?
"No."
PD "You make me said."

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I'm not against retaining just to get rid of him, but 50% is a lot.

That's almost 5M in dead cap space tied up for the next 7 years.

Tough pill to swallow, but I wouldn't be upset if that's what Kyle Davidson decides to do.
are you kidding me? who are you going to pay the 4.5 million in cap that is as good as Jones? This is insanity.

Also the hawks have like 3 more years of rebuilding with nobody making money. Why would you pay to send him away now for no reason?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad