Recalled/Assigned: Seth Griffith assigned to Providence (Jan 10, 2015)

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Assuming this has something to do with waivers/roster spots and is not a reflection on his performance. I think I read they needed a roster spot open to activate Marchand (who is obviously more important). Would like to have him on the roster against the Pens but oh well. Marchand's more important

Stone Cold helps Santa up, dusts him off, says sorry about that, nothing to see here, slowly backs out of the ring.

member 96824

Caron would require waivers to go back down again.

Caron was called up this morning is what I'm saying.

If it was a roster size issue, then just don't call up Caron.

and FWIW, Caron hasn't played 10 games or been on the NHL roster for 30 days cummulative since being waived so he would not require waivers to be sent down again.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Why not let a banged up Marchand out of the line up until Friday ? Why even call up Jordan Julien Caron in the 1st place ?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
But at this given point...who would you rather have, given our offensive needs that you've definitely noticed are there. Griffith or Gagne? Griffith or Caron? Griffith or Campbell? Hell, Griffith or Paille given their play this year?

IMO the edge, given the teams needs goes to Griffith in each comparison. Now, Campbell and Paille are definitely sure things in the line up for the rest of the year which is fine....not huge on Campbell at this point in his career but it's whatever. Caron and Gagne though? Woof.

See, I never wanted Gagne to start with. :laugh:

This is literally a paper transaction based on the injuries and guys getting healthy. Sure the kid misses the game today, but that's life in professional sport when you have options to be sent down. It's a separate matter to still have Gagne on the roster. And no matter what anyone says, that was a bad idea from the jump. It's only gotten worse as the season's gone on as well. He's not getting better. He's not rounding into shape. He looks worse than he did in the preseason. Dump him now!!

Zdeno33Lucic*

Griffith wasnt even that good, he looks lost out there.

I dont see what any of you are seeing, people look at stats only and freak out. I dont think this kid is nhl ready and alot of his goals were pretty lucky goals. We have a lot better guys than him ready.

Just my opinion i dont get the hype on the kid

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
obvioulsy the biggest travesty in the history of this franchise, just barely edging out Spooner's situation.

Its kind of funny the reaction this is getting, shows how much this team is failing ( in the eyes of some) when Seth fing Griffith going to the AHL is big news.

How will this team survive this move :sarcasm: My bet is he will be back up before the week is out

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Griffith wasnt even that good, he looks lost out there.

I dont see what any of you are seeing, people look at stats only and freak out. I dont think this kid is nhl ready and alot of his goals were pretty lucky goals. We have a lot better guys than him ready.

Just my opinion i dont get the hype on the kid

It's still more goals than you get by combining other wingers like Lucic, Gagne, Caron :laugh:

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Not the issue.

It's one game, with a 4-game gap between the next, and the FO believes it's better to have both players available (Griffith and Gagne) than the possibility of losing either.

I just don't feel the need to rage endlessly about a front office transaction involving an AHL tweener in November.

We've heard this over and over again. We heard the same thing with Gagne's "tryout" at camp. "Nothing to freak out about here." "It's just so and so..." "The sky is falling :scared: "

This move doesn't make sense. Didn't need to call Caron up. Don't need Gagne on the roster. It's something worthy of not being happy about.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I had no idea that this team had such an embarrassment of riches on offense that it was 'no big deal' to sit one of their only natural goal scorers for convenience-sake.

Sitting one of your best goal-scorers (even if it is only 5 goals) coming off a shutout loss just seems like the kind of thing you don't do unless the kid has actually given reason to demote him.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Can we just get rid of caron for heavens sake. Forget the waiver process. Just go home

Gagne also has done jack nothing. Get rid of him

On the flipside im excited to see pasta play tonight

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
We've heard this over and over again. We heard the same thing with Gagne's "tryout" at camp. "Nothing to freak out about here." "It's just so and so..." "The sky is falling :scared: "

This move doesn't make sense. Didn't need to call Caron up. Don't need Gagne on the roster. It's something worthy of not being happy about.

I suppose my stance is that I'd prefer to wait and see what other business moves shake out as a result of this. I don't know if it's salary cap related considering Chara just went on LTIR this AM, if it's purely asset retention as they'd rather not have Griffith miss 1 game than risk losing either Gagne or Caron.

I don't know. My stance is there's a lot of moving parts to this (especially on the business/transactional side that a very, very small percentage of us see and understand) and this is simply one piece. I'd rather see how it shakes out.

People can be mad. Fine. I just ain't one of them.

member 96824

Hasn't Caron been reasonably good in Providence this year?

He has been pretty good down there, and has played with DP.

Has he played well enough to be tied with Bergeron, Carl, and Marchand for the team lead in Boston? Don't believe so.

Don't care how "lucky" those goals were, like we all said in the Loui thread when that one poster was complaining his goals weren't pretty enough, as long as it gets to the back of the net...who cares.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I suppose my stance is that I'd prefer to wait and see what other business moves shake out as a result of this. I don't know if it's salary cap related considering Chara just went on LTIR this AM, if it's purely asset retention as they'd rather not have Griffith miss 1 game than risk losing either Gagne or Caron.

I don't know. My stance is there's a lot of moving parts to this (especially on the business/transactional side that a very, very small percentage of us see and understand) and this is simply one piece. I'd rather see how it shakes out.

People can be mad. Fine. I just ain't one of them.

Why would they worry about losing Caron if they left him in Providence?

member 96824

Caron is not subject to waivers...nor was it a requirement to call him up this morning.

Gagne whatever, I get it...but the Caron part of this equation does not add up at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,420.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated: