Serious questions over Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
And people wonder why petty threads get created about their Finnish god. OP's like this are the answer. Seems like most people left Laine alone while you guys were melting down on the Jets board over the audacity of playing him with Brian Little. This isn't a shot at Jets fans, more a certain sub-set I think half their forum wants rid of.

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
[mod] Just a fan that sees something he wanted to see and that's Matthews at 0 points over 3 games.
Not threadworthy, nor it is a significant thing alltogether.
Karlsson went 10 games without a point, and only has 1 point in his last 12 games. What date is his retirement ceremony?
[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Meh, he'll be fine but I think he's playing injured. He sat out last night so I think they rest him for a few games and when he comes back he'll be fine.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
He is a shutdown C, and Brownie and Hyman are better defensively than Nylander.

Stahp.

Hyman is close, but he's almost exclusively the high-guy... meaning he doesn't do too much in the defensive end.

Brown though? Nah not close defensively 5v5.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Here I want to show you something...

This was Brown's goal the other night...

2zdpp9g.png

Even though Matthews is just screening, he has 3 Penguins drifting towards him (1 checking him immediately, 1 trying to prevent the pass to Matthews and the other is getting in position to help double up should we try to get Matthews the puck). Other teams absolutely fear this kid and what he can do. As such I've been seeing him double teamed the moment we have possession.

Kid's fine. He creates a ton of space for Brown and Hyman. It's up to them to take advantage of it.

And oh yeah...he's not 100 percent right now.

Reactions: Nizdizzle

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Generational 60 point Selke caliber player duh

Someone please teach this guy how to do basic math, I'd do it but I don't have time right now.

26/26 = 1 * 82 = 82. That is point per game which means he gets average one point per game played.

BTW, McDavid would gladly trade in the 9 points he has in four more games played if it meant his team didn't suck. Sadly, it doesn't work that way.

It's a f***ing shame that the Oilers are trying their best to ruin a generational talent. The Leafs won't ruin theirs though...Matthews won't know what it's like to miss the playoffs, McDavid will have missed the playoffs in 2 of his 3 years in the NHL.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Brian Matthews was more visible in yesterday's game than Auston. Let's just retire his number league wide and move on.

McDavidCrushedLarkin

Jun 12, 2016
Someone please teach this guy how to do basic math, I'd do it but I don't have time right now.

26/26 = 1 * 82 = 82. That is point per game which means he gets average one point per game played.

BTW, McDavid would gladly trade in the 9 points he has in four more games played if it meant his team didn't suck. Sadly, it doesn't work that way.

It's a ****ing shame that the Oilers are trying their best to ruin a generational talent. The Leafs won't ruin theirs though...Matthews won't know what it's like to miss the playoffs, McDavid will have missed the playoffs in 2 of his 3 years in the NHL.

Maybe one day the Leafs will actually draft a generational player....Until then, maybe Matthews will eventually lead them further than a 1st round exit or the IR.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Maybe one day the Leafs will actually draft a generational player....Until then, maybe Matthews will eventually lead them further than a 1st round exit or the IR.

The Oilers suck so bad that they can't even get out of the basement let alone make the playoffs with a generational talent.

I hope the NHL gives the Oilers Dahlin this year and Hughes the year after that. That might be enough for the Oilers to become a wild card team in 2022. Maybe.

Congratulations on beating an injured Sharks team with a hobbling Joe Thornton.

Oilers even got blown out in a game and embarrassed in that series as well.

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
I wonder if the original poster even realizes that Matthews didn't play last night.
He has not been The same since the injury. It's obvious he's playing hurt.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
That was probably Reilly or Gardiner

Can you tell me why the Oilers suck so bad? Serious question...

McDavid is so much better than Matthews. RNH is so much better than Kadri. Draisaitl is so much better than Nylander/Marner. Larsson/Klefbom are way better than Rielly/Gardiner.

Why can't this dynasty in the making get out of the basement or string more than 2 wins in a row together?

Leafs have 25% of the Oilers wins over the past 2 months in the past week. How is that even possible?

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Omg he has no points in 3 games? What a loser

Mcdavid has 1 goal in 10 games... he's shit too

Tarasenko 1 goal in his last 10. Another loser

What a joke of a thread

Close it up

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Serious answer to OP, Matthews has been playing injured for the last 10-15 games. Pretty sure it's a wrist issue because we have seen him not be as smooth as he usually is with his puck handling and he has elected to pass up on shots multiple times where usually would take one.

Another factor is Babcock is in the habit of matching lines and with Hyman and Brown on his line, he's decided to put them out there against the other teams top 2 lines. This is usually out of necessity because the Bozak/ JVR line is absolutely atrocious defensively and more often than not gets eaten alive by a half decent opposing lines.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
The Oilers suck so bad that they can't even get out of the basement let alone make the playoffs with a generational talent.

I hope the NHL gives the Oilers Dahlin this year and Hughes the year after that. That might be enough for the Oilers to become a wild card team in 2022. Maybe.

Congratulations on beating an injured Sharks team with a hobbling Joe Thornton.

Oilers even got blown out in a game and embarrassed in that series as well.

This is an exaggeration.

Oil were good in the playoffs last year, full stop. No need to discredit their success because they're currently sucking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad