Serious questions over Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuhta

Dec 8, 2006
Helsinki
Three games without points.

What are we witnessing at the moment? Is this Matthews´ actual level of play?

What reasons do you see behind his degenerated level of play?

The bottom line is that we are halfway through the month and Matthews sits at 0 points in December.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Three games without points.

What are we witnessing at the moment? Is this Matthews´ actual level of play?

What reasons do you see behind his degenerated level of play?

The bottom line is that we are halfway through the month and Matthews sits at 0 points in December.

what reasons?

hes injured....

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Careful. Are you suggesting that he needs a stud to play with to be effective? Crosby did just fine with his versions of Hyman and Brown for years.

That's exactly what I've been saying since Willy was taken off his line last season.

He either needs a lot more sheltering (meaning Crosby type sheltering), or let him continue to be deployed beside Nylander.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
That's exactly what I've been saying since Willy was taken off his line last season.

He either needs a lot more sheltering (meaning Crosby type sheltering), or let him continue to be deployed beside Nylander.

Sheltering from what?

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey

I think the question we all have is just, why the hell not continue to deploy Nylander beside him?! Oh, sorry, Babcock, I forgot that you needed him to hold down the fourth line.

Reactions: Morgs and Nizdizzle

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Pfft. Sceptic. I read recently that he is the greatest American-born player in NHL history. 3 games doesn't mean anything when you have his legacy and storied career to date.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
His game against Edmonton was disgraceful. Completely invisible. I didn’t see him at all last night. He’s fading. I just hope the Leafs can trade him before the rest of the league finds out he’s no better than Matt Martin.

Reactions: Plural and Kelly

Yasuo

Sep 7, 2016
More like a 70 point player than a 100 points player like some leafs fans tried to convince everyone (based on the first 15-20 games sample size lol)

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Sheltering from what?

Zone starts, and competition against the 1st lines. For f*** sakes he's played the 8th hardest minutes of any forward in the league.

For some reason Babs is throwing him out there like he's a shutdown player, and sure that's fine... when you have Willy on your line. Brown and Hyman are not nearly as good defensively (and offensively) as Willy is 5v5.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Zone starts, and competition against the 1st lines. For **** sakes he's played the 8th hardest minutes of any forward in the league.

For some reason Babs is throwing him out there like he's a shutdown player, and sure that's fine... when you have Willy on your line. Brown and Hyman are not nearly as good defensively (and offensively) as Willy is 5v5.

He is a shutdown C, and Brownie and Hyman are better defensively than Nylander.

Stahp.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
[mod]. Just a fan that sees something he wanted to see and that's Matthews at 0 points over 3 games.
Not threadworthy, nor it is a significant thing alltogether.

Last edited by a moderator:

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
More like a 70 point player than a 100 points player like some leafs fans tried to convince everyone (based on the first 15-20 games sample size lol)
He's literally sitting at PPG while being injured for the past couple weeks. Go back under the bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad