Series Line-Up Changes

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
My guess is that they'll scratch Jaskin and Goc for Joker and Porter.

What I would do is scratch Jaskin and Gunnar for Joker and Borts.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
How about the RPG line? I prefer Goc to Cracknell at this point, but we could definitely use Porter's speed out there. Ott is attracting the attention of NBC cameramen, but the Wild are literally laughing him off as they skate past him.

Im as big a Jax fan as anyone and I think that he can still be useful, but he has been exposed by Minnesota's speed. Sit him for Bort, and let him use his size, the Blues need to slow these games down. Gunnar made some godawful plays last night, but his best is miles ahead of what we can get from Bort, But, Jax, or Pett.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
How about the RPG line? I prefer Goc to Cracknell at this point, but we could definitely use Porter's speed out there. Ott is attracting the attention of NBC cameramen, but the Wild are literally laughing him off as they skate past him.

Im as big a Jax fan as anyone and I think that he can still be useful, but he has been exposed by Minnesota's speed. Sit him for Bort, and let him use his size, the Blues need to slow these games down. Gunnar made some godawful plays last night, but his best is miles ahead of what we can get from Bort, But, Jax, or Pett.

You have to know Ott is staying and I have to say I like how he has performance, but seeing Ott with Backes and Oshie makes me head hurt.

I'm really turning my opinion to Jaskin <-> Jokinen. You guys wanna know why? Jokinen shoots puck always. :laugh:
Jaskin has shoot 3 times on 3GP and same is Stastny, but Paul brings more then scoring ability. Maybe Jokinen could play with Backes and Oshie. They could forecheck and be more aggressive + Jokinen plays little bit defensively like he played with Lehterä.
Jokinen and Porter could swap places, but I really liked how Jokinen also played with Backes and Oshie in regular season end. Those couple games. I think Porter is more like speedy 4th liner and bring that gritty affect on game + maybe give us extra boost with his legs, maybe, hopelly.

So:

Code:
Schwartz - Lehterä - Tarasenko
Steen - Stastny - Berglund
Jokinen - Backes - Oshie
Porter- Ott - Reaves

Shattery - Petro
Gunnar - Michalek
Jackman - Bortuzzo

Allen

Ofc I would add there Lindbohm, but we all know that won't happened. :rant:

Btw do they have to info media if they would bring up Lindbohm from AHL? I mean game is tomorrow already, is there time for that even? Travel etc.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Jaybo should sit for Bort if we want more physicality

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I honestly don't think it would be a bad idea to put Cracknell and Porter in. But it's too late for that (Cracknell won't be called up).

I want to see SOME type of change.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Steen Backes Oshie
Schwartz Lehtera Tarasenko
Berglund Stastny jokinen
Porter Ott Reaves

Gunnarsson Pietrangelo
Butler Shattenkirk
Bouwmeester Bortuzzo

Revert the top 9 to what they were...the new lines just havnt worked.

Jokinen in for Jaskin...Jaskin has been useless..so won't hurt.

Ott takes Goc spot and Porter fills in. Goc has been fairly weak on his skates. Porter's speed will be very helpful.

Butler in for Jax, he's a better skater and I think he'd fair better at holding the Blue line but would be worse in the corners. Jackman has been very indecisive with the puck.

Bortuzzo in for Michalek. Same reasoning for benching Jackman

StLHokie

May 27, 2014
North Carolina
Wondering how replacing Gunnar with a less mobile Bortuzzo would help with dealing with the speed of the Wild forwards. Bort has to go in for Jackman or Michalek in order to actually make a difference.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Wondering how replacing Gunnar with a less mobile Bortuzzo would help with dealing with the speed of the Wild forwards. Bort has to go in for Jackman or Michalek in order to actually make a difference.
Bortuzzo isn't slow.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Steen Backes Oshie
Schwartz Lehtera Tarasenko
Berglund Stastny jokinen
Porter Ott Reaves

Gunnarsson Pietrangelo
Butler Shattenkirk
Bouwmeester Bortuzzo

Revert the top 9 to what they were...the new lines just havnt worked.

Jokinen in for Jaskin...Jaskin has been useless..so won't hurt.

Ott takes Goc spot and Porter fills in. Goc has been fairly weak on his skates. Porter's speed will be very helpful.

Butler in for Jax, he's a better skater and I think he'd fair better at holding the Blue line but would be worse in the corners. Jackman has been very indecisive with the puck.

Bortuzzo in for Michalek. Same reasoning for benching Jackman

I think Gunnar has been our 3rd or 4th best D after Petro and Shattery.

But Butler the f turnovermachine after Jax. :shakehead

Bortuzzo works with Jackman and Jackman has worked good when he has played with Big Boy.

I think Berglund has been stud this series.

I agree with Ott taking Goc spot and add there Porter.

I really stick with these lines what we should go:
Code:
Schwartz - Lehterä - Tarasenko
Steen - Stastny - Berglund
Jokinen - Backes - Oshie
Porter- Ott - Reaves

Shattery - Petro
Gunnar - Michalek
Jackman - Bortuzzo

Allen

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I'm not a fan of Butler at all but watching Jackman get hemmed in by a forward that skated in from the circles kills me...alot of the transition dies on his stick. But from practice lines....Jackman - Michalek might happen...

I do remember hitch saying the morning skate wouldn't reveal all

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
rather see 4 sit then Jax.

Why sit our most physical D-man other than Bortuzzo? We already are soft enough back there. Plus Gunnar makes some god awful mistakes

Because Gunnar actually has some speed and hasn't been playing poorly this series while Jax is slow and has been playing poorly this series.

justde

Apr 12, 2015
The most important task for a d-man is to prevent the opponents from scoring. Gunnar is top class in that aspect. And what aspect is more important ?

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
The most important task for a d-man is to prevent the opponents from scoring. Gunnar is top class in that aspect. And what aspect is more important ?

Yeah, you are going to be able to combat Minesota's speed with half of your defense being Bortuzzo, Jackman, and Michalek.

Like I said earlier, Gunnar had an awful time last game (who didnt), but he has consistently been our 3rd best defenseman all year.

If the morning skate is correct, I can live with Ott at center over Goc. Putting him at center actually forces him to play hockey like when he was in Buffalo, rather than run around like a buffoon out there like he has been.

STLBloosiers

Jul 14, 2014
why not Jokinen instead of Goc? Hitch was so fed up with Goc that he buried him on the 4th line for Ott? Makes no sense basically useless. Jason was awful again.....Gunnarsson not good again

Allen was not good tonight at all.....he has had a lot of luck this series despite playing well at times but it caught up to him

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
why not Jokinen instead of Goc? Hitch was so fed up with Goc that he buried him on the 4th line for Ott? Makes no sense basically useless. Jason was awful again.....Gunnarsson not good again

Allen was not good tonight at all.....he has had a lot of luck this series despite playing well at times but it caught up to him

It made no sense to me why we didn't dress Jokinen. The guy more than earned a spot in the lineup over the final stretch and he's shown miles more than Steve "I have 2 goals as a Blue" Ott, who predictably got moved up for top 9 duty.

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
bring up fabbri and lindbohm, never let goc play again, sit jax/michalek, tell jbo to stop shooting at the corners

WJC_Fan

Jun 25, 2006
Saint Louis
From what I saw last night, the loss of Lehtera is huge. With only having two offensive threats at center(backs, and stastny),our lines just did not create enough. We need to have a 3rd center that can give us that triple threat.
So two options if Lehtera is out
1) Dress Jokinen
2) Move a different player to center(not Ott or Goc). Steen or Berglund would be the most likely.

As for D, we need mobility on defense and adding Bortuzzo in does not help with that. If we want to switch in a defender, I am putting in Butler but I am not going to. I think that we have to stick with who we have but for whatever reason, they have not really looked that great at any point since shattenkirk returned and michalek was acquired.

Also, I am sticking with Allen. To throw Elliott in now would be a terrible mistake.

This is what I am going with for lines(assuming Lehtera is out):

Oshie-Backes-Steen
Schwartz-Jokinen-Tarasenko
Berglund-Stastny-Jaskin
Porter-Ott-Reeves

jbo-petro
shatty-jackman
gunnarson-michalek

I think when oshie steen and backes are together, they feed off of each other and are effective. I am keeping Stastny separated from Schwartz/Tarasenko. I think that it makes the matchups more challenging for Minnesota by giving them three lines to think about instead of two and I have not seen any improvement when Stastny centers our two young guns.
As for the D, I know the cries for Bortuzzo are loud but I see the mobility as more important than the physicality. We are consistently backing in and giving them easy entry to our zone and across center ice in the neutral zone. So you could sell me on Butler going in for maybe Gunnar or Michalek but not Bortuzzo.

Love to hear opinions. Goc between Berglund and Jaskin did not work. Steen with Tarasenko turns us into a one line team and is a big mistake in my mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad