Series Line-Up Changes

STLBloosiers

Jul 14, 2014
first one i would make because of the fact we apparently lack playoff scoring again would be to call up Fabbri and sit Jaskin. Hitch legit won't put Jaskin on the ice for a d-zone draw and even when he has been playing he's been non-existent. We all know he's not scratching Berglund but my lord we need someone inserted. Jokinen wouldn't be a bad add if were not going to call up Jaskin. The guy is hungry for a cup and he is defensively responsible.

Obviously add Bortuzzo because Gunnarsson and Bouwmeester are the softest d-men in the West. We know 19 won't be sat but 4 is a joke.

Anymore? because if 42/74/26/20 didnt make the big bucks they would be sat in a heartbeat

BE REALISTIC TOO PEOPLE.....Highly doubt he's going to be scratching anyone that hasn't been a healthy scratch before

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Gunnarsson was actually solid tonight. I would consider sitting Bouwmeester instead. That's a pipe dream though because I don't see Lindbohm being called up. That's the only way both would sit.

STLBloosiers

Jul 14, 2014
Gunnarsson was actually solid tonight. I would consider sitting Bouwmeester instead. That's a pipe dream though because I don't see Lindbohm being called up. That's the only way both would sit.

Thats why I'm trying to be realistic. Going off of who has been healthy scratches in the past basically

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I'd like to see Rattie in and Jokinen. Goc hasn't made an impact and Jaskin didn't play well tonight.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Rattie in for Oshie
Bortuzzo in for Jackman

Would be fine with Jokinen getting in there instead of Jaskin also, but those 2 moves are necessities IMO

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Lindbohm for Bouwmeester won't happen.

I'd like to see Bortuzzo in for Jackman or Michalek, and maybe Jokinen in for Jaskin.

I actually wouldn't rule out using Porter either, maybe in place of Goc. This team had no energy tonight.

STLBloosiers

Jul 14, 2014
Lindbohm for Bouwmeester won't happen.

I'd like to see Bortuzzo in for Jackman or Michalek, and maybe Jokinen in for Jaskin.

I actually wouldn't rule out using Porter either, maybe in place of Goc. This team had no energy tonight.

I agree Lindbohm is in the minor for good I believe.

Bortuzzo for either 4 or 5 will probably happen

Jokinen in for Jaskin is realistic i think or Goc

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Jaskin is likely out next game for Jokinen. I'd like to see Lindbohm in, but I don't know if that's a real possibility. I'm going to guess Bortuzzo is in as well.

cardsfan

May 22, 2013
Rattie in, Jaskin out.
Jokinen in, Goc out.
Bortuzzo in, Michalek out.
Lindbohm in, Bouwmeester out.

Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko - If we're going to advance, this has to be our top line. And we need to protect it from the Parise line as much as possible. There's no shame in that. The Parise line is good.
Berglund-Stastny-Rattie - We need a spark. Rattie's our best bet, even if it's a longshot. Jaskin has brought nothing so far, though I don't blame him b/c I don't think moving a young guy around the lineup the way we have has really put him in a great position.
Steen-Backes-Oshie - I understand the frustration, but we need Oshie in the lineup (and Backes, obviously). But we need to play this line like it's a third line—limited minutes, defensive matchups—since that's how they're playing.
Ott-Jokinen-Reaves - Ott's been fine. Reaves, OK. Jokinen-for-Goc makes sense as a straight sub that gives a bit more room for offense.

Gunnar-Petro - Other than Allen, the one thing from Games 1-3 that I wouldn't want to change.
Lindbohm-Shattenkirk - Lindbohm gives us the anchor we need for Shatty, who's clearly still a step behind.
Jackman-Bortuzzo - I'd leave Jackman in there over Bouwmeester, who's been a liability (or bringing in Butler).

STLBloosiers

Jul 14, 2014
Rattie in, Jaskin out.
Jokinen in, Goc out.
Bortuzzo in, Michalek out.
Lindbohm in, Bouwmeester out.

Schwartz-Lehtera-Tarasenko - If we're going to advance, this has to be our top line. And we need to protect it from the Parise line as much as possible. There's no shame in that. The Parise line is good.
Berglund-Stastny-Jokinen - We need a spark. Rattie's our best bet, even if it's a longshot. Jaskin has brought nothing so far, though I don't blame him b/c I don't think moving a young guy around the lineup the way we have has really put him in a great position.
Steen-Backes-Oshie - I understand the frustration, but we need Oshie in the lineup (and Backes, obviously). But we need to play this line like it's a third line—limited minutes, defensive matchups—since that's how they're playing.
Ott-Goc-Reaves - Ott's been fine. Reaves, OK. Jokinen-for-Goc makes sense as a straight sub that gives a bit more room for offense.

Gunnar-Petro - Other than Allen, the one thing from Games 1-3 that I wouldn't want to change.
Lindbohm-Shattenkirk - Lindbohm gives us the anchor we need for Shatty, who's clearly still a step behind.
Jackman-Bortuzzo - I'd leave Jackman in there over Bouwmeester, who's been a liability (or bringing in Butler).

i just put jokinen instead of rattie

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
I'd be surprised to see Rattie unless the series is almost gone and we're just flat out throwing everything out there. He's made little impact on the team during his time filling in and I doubt it's inspired management to have faith in him for these situations. I wouldn't expect him to offer enough to change a game.

Jokinen over Goc is worth a try, but ultimately I don't see it making a huge difference.

Top 9 need to show up.

Bortuzzo should come in to the line up since the team seems to be better with him than without him.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Code:
Schwartz - Lehterä - Tarasenko
Steen - Stastny - Berglund
Jokinen/Jaskin - Backes - Oshie
Porter- Ott - Reaves

Gunnar - Petro
Lindbohm - Stattery
Jackman - Bortuzzo

Allen

Only guy I'm not sure is Jokinen, 'cus he don't bring physical presence. Thou Jaskin has been slump so maybe fully energy guy who is desperate to win his first cup need to bring on table.

More we have physical players, we have better change to win. Reading stats against Wilds, we need to shake up Wilds forwards. Smart grittyness will take away time and them out confortzone.

Last edited:

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
What has Rattie ever done to think he'd suddenly be effective against the Wild? I see zero chance of that happening.

Jokinen will probably play. Bortuzzo probably plays. Porter probably plays.

I watch the other series, and I just don't think the Blues are punishing Minnesota enough. They're trying to play a skill game and getting outhustled. Other series, both teams are trying to put each other through the boards and physically fighting for every inch. I feel like the winner of this series won't even really need a bandaid for the second round. When did the Blues get so easy to play against?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Porter needs to play. I would like to see Bort get in also. This series has been way too soft on the Wild. Our transition game isn't working so it's time to try something else. I wouldn't even mind Hitch going full on Dale Hunter and giving Porter and Reaves 15 minutes of ice time. They aren't going to score, but it will give them something to think about. Open up some space for Schwartz and Tarasenko to take over.

If lineup changes are out of the question, go back to old faithful for the entire game. SOB STL Roarin' 20s.

BlueAero

Apr 19, 2013
Houston, TX
Bortuzzo & Porter in for almost anybody you want to pick because, other than Allen, nobody showed up to play last night. We're playing like we're on quaaludes or something. I just don't understand the lack of intensity....these are the NHL playoffs for crissakes!!! :shakehead

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
I still think a strategy change is more important than lineup changes.

100% agree, you play the regular season with a flexible game play to give you a chance to match up to most teams & most games. But come playoffs it is one team at a time and if your system is so predictable then you are already at a disadvantage. That is Hitch's biggest problem. Heck Rick Wilson is one of Hitch's good friends and knows Hitch's system inside and out. The Wild knew what to expect and have adjusted accordingly. Blues just need to change it up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad