Pre-Game Talk: Series Discussion: San Jose vs St Louis

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Well Ref Jose has now been gifted 2 game 7 wins from the league to reach the conference finals and play the Blues.

I think this series will be a relatively short series unless the refs get involved and help out Ref Jose again. Binnington is a better goalie than anything that Ref Jose has faced thus far and the Blues are also deeper. I see this series being over in 5 unless Ref Jose gets officiating that pushes the series longer.

Game 1 at Ref Jose
Saturday, May 11 at 7 p.m.
SAP Center
Game 2 at Ref Jose
Monday, May 13 at 8 p.m.
SAP Center
Game 3 vs. Ref Jose
Wednesday, May 15 at 7 p.m.
Enterprise Center
Game 4 vs. Ref Jose
Friday, May 17 at 7 p.m.
Enterprise Center
Game 5 at Ref Jose *
Sunday, May 19 at 2 p.m.
SAP Center
Game 6 vs. Ref Jose *
Tuesday, May 21 at 7 p.m.
Enterprise Center
Game 7 at Ref Jose *
Thursday, May 23 at 8 p.m.
SAP Center

Last edited:

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
The one f***ing team I wanted to avoid in the playoffs... I just don’t see us matching up well with them. They are insanely faster than us. Sharks going to run away with this one I think.

Reactions: Sushiko

Lakas

And i'll do it again in 2 minutes
Apr 7, 2016
Inunaki Village
The one ****ing team I wanted to avoid in the playoffs... I just don’t see us matching up well with them. They are insanely faster than us. Sharks going to run away with this one I think.
Colorado honestly looked faster than them though. I think the problem in 2016 is we didnt have the skill players to match theirs.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
The one ****ing team I wanted to avoid in the playoffs... I just don’t see us matching up well with them. They are insanely faster than us. Sharks going to run away with this one I think.
Avs are much faster than the Sharks IMO. Especially their defense.

Reactions: mk80 and Sushiko

Xanadude

Jun 12, 2018
Ballwin
There's no easy path to the cup. San Jose has forward depth that's equal with ours and have some burners in their bottom six who could rip us up the way Hintz did. Their top three defensemen are some of the best in hockey, full stop. Our big advantage, imo, is in net. Binnington is the real deal. Jones looked like a sieve a few weeks ago and had a horrific season by anyone's standard.

I think the series will come down to three things:
1. Whose goaltender will crack, if either
2. Can the Sharks' lack of defensive depth be exploited
3. Can the Sharks exploit our lack of speed

Reactions: Zamadoo and mk80

Jordeau

Aug 8, 2014
St. Louis
"Ref Jose" might be the lamest and least clever "insult" nickname ever conceived.

This is definitely a tough matchup for us. I would have match rather taken our chances shutting down Colorado's one line than the Shark's depth. If Jones can provide average goaltending I would definitely favor the Sharks here.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Gonna be a tough series. Sharks have lots of weapons. But, we’ve beat 2 good teams in dramatic fashion already so I have faith this team can do anything.

BuLLeT1291

Dec 16, 2010
There's no easy path to the cup. San Jose has forward depth that's equal with ours and have some burners in their bottom six who could rip us up the way Hintz did. Their top three defensemen are some of the best in hockey, full stop. Our big advantage, imo, is in net. Binnington is the real deal. Jones looked like a sieve a few weeks ago and had a horrific season by anyone's standard.

I think the series will come down to three things:
1. Whose goaltender will crack, if either
2. Can the Sharks' lack of defensive depth be exploited
3. Can the Sharks exploit our lack of speed

SJ doesn’t have a lack of defensive depth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad