Series Discussion: Columbus (3) vs Pittsburgh (2)

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I've already accepted the fact Pittsburgh is repeating.
Sometimes average teams succeed. Look at the giants in baseball or the spurs in the NBA. The Spurs and Pens have a similarity in having great coaching though. They are also similar in the fact that when watching them there is nothing special about them but so much wrong with them. Their D is pathetic even with Letang. If MAF hasn't been a flat out God and Malkin hasn't been classic Malkin they would be beyond dome right now. They are the least deserving team in and it's not even that I just don't like them but they don't deserve it. Ana is.my favorite right now. That 2nd line of Silf/Kes/Cogs is a beaut to watch.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Sometimes average teams succeed. Look at the giants in baseball or the spurs in the NBA. The Spurs and Pens have a similarity in having great coaching though. They are also similar in the fact that when watching them there is nothing special about them but so much wrong with them. Their D is pathetic even with Letang. If MAF hasn't been a flat out God and Malkin hasn't been classic Malkin they would be beyond dome right now. They are the least deserving team in and it's not even that I just don't like them but they don't deserve it. Ana is.my favorite right now. That 2nd line of Silf/Kes/Cogs is a beaut to watch.

Really?

Nothing special about the best player of his generation (Crosby), a sure fire HHOFer (Malkin) and a dynamic offensive force (Kessel).

Purely a pedestrian group:laugh: They really don't have any right to be where they are. Because if certain players are playing well, I guess, it's fundamentally unfair or something. Good Grief.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
The Spurs had the best power forward of all time Tim Duncan and hall of fame David Robinson too. Along with key guys in ginobli and Parker.

But when you watch them do you see a team that just stands out in talent and domination? Like the cup years of the hawks that's special. Watching them in the offensive zone with Patty Kane dancing in the zone and guys like Keith and Seabrook. Hell even a losing team like the 2010 Canucks most of that year with Kesler putting up his best numbers and the sedins both put up 100 points I think or really close. Luongo stood on his head and that PP was damn near unstoppable.

The penguins to me play very pedestrian games looking like every other team and then have 5 seconds of fast paced play score and go back to average. I'm never wowed watching them. Now the years they went back to back finals with Detroit I was wowed by those teams but this team doesn't do it. The defense is God awful and there isn't anything special about their offense. They were talking about Malkin on NHL network saying something about his play and how quiet he has been and the guy was completely shocked to find out malkin had 4 points that game and was leading the league in scoring. Kessel is similar. Sure they have talent but they aren't that special. They Jackets outplayed them every game but 1. Washington should have won in 6 but were ****ed by the refs in a early series game I think it was game 3?

Imo the Stanley cup is the WCF this year. Those 2 are clearly the best 2 teams left and whoever wins that deserves the cup. Right now pulling for ANA because Silf/Kes/Richie/Gibson/Fowler and I don't want Subban or Johanson to ever win a cup. Same reason I root against the rangers I never want Nash to get one.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Everyone who thinks Pittsburgh isn't quite as good as they really are should read the following http://www.dispatch.com/news/20170511/front-row-penguins-setting-bar-for-blue-jackets

Assuming they keep Murray as their goalie the Jackets have their work cut out for them to get past the Pens over the next few years or until Crosby, Malkin & Kessel head into retirement.

And who the heck ever heard of Rust & Guentzel who have had outstanding playoffs.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
It's not that the Penguins aren't good...

its that the gap between how good they are and how good we are is not as large.

Welcome to the big leagues Columbus.

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV

:laugh: Never change.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
It's not that the Penguins aren't good...

its that the gap between how good they are and how good we are is not as large.

Welcome to the big leagues Columbus.

as what?

2014 playoffs Jackets lose 4-2 and most games by a goal

2016 playoffs Jackets lose 4-1 and most games by a lot more than 1 goal

Gap looks about the same to me.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL

Holy smokes this reeks of little brother syndrome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad