Pre-Game Talk: Series Discussion: Boston vs St Louis

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
Habs fan here to encourage you for tommorow's game. Always loved the Blues since the days of Millen, Gilmour and Ramage vs the Leafs. You guys have been waiting for this moment for so long. My hate towards the Bruins is unmatch and this would be the perfect way for your Blues to get their first Stanley Cup.

blues hillbilly

Nov 28, 2018
Thomas with Maroon and Bozak has potential to light it up in their end like in games past. Opportunity boys.

Blais fits Barbs spot on the Sunny/Steen line well. No big drop off if at all.

Reactions: Bluesman91

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The Blues have won their close out games at home every time this postseason:
Winnipeg Game 6
Dallas Game 7
San Jose Game 6

See a trend here?

And in each case it was a dominant performance. Winnipeg was clearly outclassed in that game. Their coach as much as said so in the post-game. Dallas deserves full credit for forcing 2OT, but Bishop gets almost all of that Blues dominated the flow of play and the shots. Finally, the Sharks game was another fairly comfortable dominating performance.

elkranio

Jan 4, 2014
I'm gonna have a beer tasting party tomorrow. So when my friends leave, I'm gonna be in a perfect condition for the game.

bHNxWgz.png

Deko

Jul 14, 2011
Helsinki
Finally, the Sharks game was another fairly comfortable dominating performance.

A little OT but I don't think that game was as one-sided as the scoreline suggets and not nearly as dominant as the earlier deciding games. Sharks came close tying it up in the second and had couple of solid chances in the third. The back-breaking fourth goal was maybe the second or third SOG that period for the Blues. Unlike Game 7 against Stars they had puck luck that night and Jones was not on par with Bishop or even Hellebuyck.

However in Game 5 I think they outplayed the Sharks after some early struggles.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
A little OT but I don't think that game was as one-sided as the scoreline suggets and not nearly as dominant as the earlier deciding games. Sharks came close tying it up in the second and had couple of solid chances in the third. The back-breaking fourth goal was maybe the second or third SOG that period for the Blues. Unlike Game 7 against Stars they had puck luck that night and Jones was not on par with Bishop or even Hellebuyck.

However in Game 5 I think they outplayed the Sharks after some early struggles.
Watching the game, the Blues never trailed and I never had any doubt they’d win. Even if San Jose has managed a superhuman effort to tie it, I think the Blues has that one. I do give San Jose credit for playing their hearts out. It was probably the best performance of the 3 teams.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
It may just be more of my foolishness. It’s well documented that I’ve waved that flag high all season. But I’m not nervous for this game. I think the Blues are ready. They’ll come out and play their best game of the playoffs. It will be enough.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
My only concern is that Barbashev plays on the pk, and with him and Sunny available, it has been really good this series. I dont know who takes his spot there, but tomorrow has to be an all out effort. Everyone has to contribute, everyone has to make plays, everyone has to play to win the game, not to score the goal. Let's hope we make history, come on boys, I WANNA SEE A CUP.

Reactions: Zamadoo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad