Pre-Game Talk: Series Discussion - Boston vs St. Louis Part II

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I understand people being upset about the game tonight and us losing our chance at winning the cup on home ice.

What I don't understand is people giving up on this team. Of all the teams your giving up on this team. The team that was in last place in early 2019 all the way to the last possible game of the post season. How do you give up on that team? Either way, win or lose and I f***ing hope it's a win I am extremely proud of the boys this year. Every time we think this team is out they regroup and prove us wrong. They can do the same on Wednesday, they will do the same on Wednesday. Calling it right now we will win the cup.

Lets Go Blues.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
I understand people being upset about the game tonight and us losing our chance at winning the cup on home ice.

What I don't understand is people giving up on this team. Of all the teams your giving up on this team. The team that was in last place in early 2019 all the way to the last possible game of the post season. How do you give up on that team? Either way, win or lose and I ****ing hope it's a win I am extremely proud of the boys this year. Every time we think this team is out they regroup and prove us wrong. They can do the same on Wednesday, they will do the same on Wednesday. Calling it right now we will win the cup.

Lets Go Blues.
cause this is what they do and always will do, choke.

the only thing giving me any sort of hope is binny's record after a loss. but this is 1996 vs wings all over again. we just pissed away a cup because of a shit power play who doesnt wanna one time pucks or get rid of pucks quick.

Chippewa

Feb 19, 2012
houseboat, venezuela

the only thing giving me any sort of hope is binny's record after a loss. but this is 1996 vs wings all over again. we just pissed away a cup because of a **** power play who doesnt wanna one time pucks or get rid of pucks quick.

I mean, this, basically. It would be one thing if this was some other team, a new team like Minnesota or Columbus, or a team with a long history like Montreal. But guys, we've seen this song and dance before. The only reason the Blues get to a higher level is so they can fail in an ever more spectacular fashion. Its been their M.O. the entire time.

The fact that it will be an unfathomably bad powerplay that in the final analysis, is what sinks us when we are good to great in just about everything else? It just fits like a glove with the history of this team.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis

What I don't understand is people giving up on this team. Of all the teams your giving up on this team. The team that was in last place in early 2019 all the way to the last possible game of the post season. How do you give up on that team? Either way, win or lose and I ****ing hope it's a win I am extremely proud of the boys this year. Every time we think this team is out they regroup and prove us wrong. They can do the same on Wednesday, they will do the same on Wednesday. Calling it right now we will win the cup.

Lets Go Blues.

I'll be here on Wednesday. Although, I need a break between then and now. This has been a long season, but we made it to the finals. I'm emotionally spent.

My anger/sadness/despair is showing because the deficiencies in this team (PP and home ice performance) are coming back to haunt us at the worst possible time.

I went down to the Enterprise Center today and walked around the watch party. I saw a flood of people arriving but I chose not to stay for a variety of reasons. One of them was this teams unhealthy habit of dumping on the home crowd. I was the only Blues fan on Metrolink heading back out west to get home by gametime. Something in the back of my mind knew this was not our day. Too much overconfidence by the fans. Too much of been there and seen this team not show up to play right.

Hopefully, they play their best game on Wedneday.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis

the only thing giving me any sort of hope is binny's record after a loss. but this is 1996 vs wings all over again. we just pissed away a cup because of a **** power play who doesnt wanna one time pucks or get rid of pucks quick.

Well this isn't what we always do because were almost never in the Stanley Cup Finals. I don't give a shit about a team from 23 years ago it has no bearing on the team from this year. The team this year has consistently proven you wrong.

You thought it was over when this team lost 2 in a row to WPG and the series was tied 2-2. This team proved you wrong.
You thought it was over when DAL took a 3-2 series lead. This team proved you wrong.
ect
ect
ect

So go ahead and insist that were going to lose the cup too. This team likes to prove you wrong.

As a matter of fact. I will make a bet with you. If the Blues lose game 7 you can pick my Avatar for all of next season. If the Blues win you have to change that "Always Right" under your username to "Always Wrong"

Deal?

Chippewa

Feb 19, 2012
houseboat, venezuela
I'll be here on Wednesday. Although, I need a break between then and now. This has been a long season, but we made it to the finals. I'm emotionally spent.

My anger/sadness/despair is showing because the deficiencies in this team (PP and home ice performance) are coming back to haunt us at the worst possible time.

I went down to the Enterprise Center today and walked around the watch party. I saw a flood of people arriving but I chose not to stay for a variety of reasons. One of them was this teams unhealthy habit of dumping on the home crowd. I was the only Blues fan on Metrolink heading back out west to get home by gametime. Something in the back of my mind knew this was not our day. Too much overconfidence by the fans. Too much of been there and seen this team not show up to play right.

Also this. You could just feel it in the air downtown. Nothing in the karma department was with us tonight. People were dead set on seeing a cup win tonight in the Metrolink. The frat douches and sorority ditzes flooding every bar.... f***ing Post Dispatch running their version of Dewey Defeats Truman. For every fan of this team that's been watching them for more than say.....4-5 years.....it felt wrong and you could just tell a shitstorm was a' brewin.

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
Well this isn't what we always do because were almost never in the Stanley Cup Finals. I don't give a **** about a team from 23 years ago it has no bearing on the team from this year. The team this year has consistently proven you wrong.

You thought it was over when this team lost 2 in a row to WPG and the series was tied 2-2. This team proved you wrong.
You thought it was over when DAL took a 3-2 series lead. This team proved you wrong.
ect
ect
ect

So go ahead and insist that were going to lose the cup too. This team likes to prove you wrong.

As a matter of fact. I will make a bet with you. If the Blues lose game 7 you can pick my Avatar for all of next season. If the Blues win you have to change that "Always Right" under your username to "Always Wrong"

Deal?
u should care what happen 23 years ago, because that is why we wont ever be winning a cup. every season that passes adds more pressure to the team to win the first cup and as these players clearly showed tonight, they cant handle it. only way blues win G7 is if we get another performance like G5 from binny and our Pejorative Slured power play decides to actually cash in. i can see one of those happening but the PP cashing in, you have a better chance of breathing air on the moon than that happening. and the sad thing is, this PP shit is easily correctable by putting players in their proper positions but the coaching staff refuses to do it.

even the f***ing cubs won a world series yet our blues shit their pants anytime they can do something good for their loyal fans. blues and their fans will be taking this series to their graves if they choke this shit away again. same old blues.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
u should care what happen 23 years ago, because that is why we wont ever be winning a cup. every season that passes adds more pressure to the team to win the first cup and as these players clearly showed tonight, they cant handle it. only way blues win G7 is if we get another performance like G5 from binny and our ******ed power play decides to actually cash in. i can see one of those happening but the PP cashing in, you have a better chance of breathing air on the moon than that happening. and the sad thing is, this PP **** is easily correctable by putting players in their proper positions but the coaching staff refuses to do it.

even the ****ing cubs won a world series yet our blues **** their pants anytime they can do something good for their loyal fans. blues and their fans will be taking this series to their graves if they choke this **** away again. same old blues.
A loyal fan would want their team to win and would do anything in their power to help, would they not? Then why contribute to the very reason you believe the team will never win a Cup? Why would you want to pass on the negativity and hopelessness of the past if it's what you believe is holding the team back from winning in the first place?

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
u should care what happen 23 years ago, because that is why we wont ever be winning a cup. every season that passes adds more pressure to the team to win the first cup and as these players clearly showed tonight, they cant handle it. only way blues win G7 is if we get another performance like G5 from binny and our ******ed power play decides to actually cash in. i can see one of those happening but the PP cashing in, you have a better chance of breathing air on the moon than that happening. and the sad thing is, this PP **** is easily correctable by putting players in their proper positions but the coaching staff refuses to do it.

even the ****ing cubs won a world series yet our blues **** their pants anytime they can do something good for their loyal fans. blues and their fans will be taking this series to their graves if they choke this **** away again. same old blues.

I look forward to you being wrong.

Again.

Reactions: RORbacon

Arto Kilponen

Oct 29, 2006
Helsinki, Finland
Interesting how bad home / good road teams these two have been. Boston has only won one home game in this series and even in that one they were badly outplayed.

I would even go so far that Blues have a road advantage to Game7 rather than Boston having home advantage.

Rarename91

Jan 18, 2019

how are you feeling about wednesday night?

Rarename91

Jan 18, 2019
A loyal fan would want their team to win and would do anything in their power to help, would they not? Then why contribute to the very reason you believe the team will never win a Cup? Why would you want to pass on the negativity and hopelessness of the past if it's what you believe is holding the team back from winning in the first place?
he a bandwagon.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes

Lets Go Blues.

It's because losing on Wednesday is the Bluesiest outcome possible. I haven't given up, but this was THE opportunity and we blew it.

The good news is Binnington usually shuts the door after a loss, and did well after his worst game of the playoffs in game 4. All we need is 1 game.

Reactions: BergMan

RaleighBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Deflated this morning for sure, but in some ways, the pressure is off. I was so amped at game time yesterday. I think I’ll be much more calm Wednesday. One last time, all-in. I’m going to enjoy the ride.

Reactions: HighNote

TheDizee

Apr 5, 2014
It's because losing on Wednesday is the Bluesiest outcome possible. I haven't given up, but this was THE opportunity and we blew it.

The good news is Binnington usually shuts the door after a loss, and did well after his worst game of the playoffs in game 4. All we need is 1 game.
Isn't just because they lost, it's cause that third period effort was the saddest push I've ever seen since probably the 2015 third period push in elimination game against the wild.

Honestly looked like team doesn't give a shit, that was what got me ticked. fans spent ridiculous amounts for a miserable effort.

Bluesy and very sad.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
One would think from SOME of these comments that getting to 3-2 in the series is a guaranteed series win. If that were the case, we would have lost to the Stars.

We still have an equal chance to win one game. If we had been offered that at the beginning of the year, or in December, we would have taken it.

I'm proud of this team.

LGB!!!!!!!!!

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Isn't just because they lost, it's cause that third period effort was the saddest push I've ever seen since probably the 2015 third period push in elimination game against the wild.

Honestly looked like team doesn't give a ****, that was what got me ticked. fans spent ridiculous amounts for a miserable effort.

Bluesy and very sad.

It's a combination of being at home and looking piss poor. We've seen these kinds of home performances all year. What is shocking is that they continue do lay eggs at home in the playoffs.

I really don't understand this team.

1 for 3 in this series at home
Outscored 14 to 7 in these games

AjaxManifesto

Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
One would think from SOME of these comments that getting to 3-2 in the series is a guaranteed series win. If that were the case, we would have lost to the Stars.

We still have an equal chance to win one game. If we had been offered that at the beginning of the year, or in December, we would have taken it.

I'm proud of this team.

LGB!!!!!!!!!

Agreed with your glass is half full thinking. I'm more of a glass is half empty thinker.

I guess it's sad that they didn't get it done when the whole town was primed and ready.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Gotta agree with those saying our home record and special teams will sink this team. It's not even close to championship quality.

Whomever is in charge of our powerplay......

There is a lot to like about this team. There is a lot to be disgusted by as well. That's all I can really say at the moment.
Whatever their warts, the Blues have put themselves in a position where they only need to win one game to win it all. That's something only one other team in the league can say.

You don't need to score a PP goal to win one game, though it can certainly help, and the game isn't being played at home so their home record has nothing to do with it.

They just need to focus on what they need to do for the next (last) game, not what they could have done, or what might have been in other games.

Now is the time to leverage to the hilt what you do best, and lean on that to overcome the adversity from what you do worst. That's what put the Blues in this position, and what they need to do to take that last little step. Overcoming adversity is the mark of champions, not meeting certain performance thresholds for things like PP%, or whatever.

What team has overcome more adversity this year than the Blues? If they can do it one last time, they'll have proven themselves champion quality and then some.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad