Series discussion: #2 Panthers vs. #3 Lightning - First battle goes to TBL 4-2

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Weegs proved me wrong a couple times. Early in the season I was like, “Nah he can’t hang on the first pair with Ek.” Then he starts to ball out.

Then I was like, “Man he misses his shots too much.” Then he starts scoring at a nice pace. Haha

-ghoste

Reactions: Cold Cat

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach

Didnt know this.

Thank God for that eh

I remember he was catching some minor buzz before the draft because he played with McKinnon and Drouin and had good PP numbers. Somehow remember DT talking about him prior to the draft and he pulled that trade at the end to get him. For how many time we complain that we miss on picks (all teams do by the way), this was a huge hit. Great for Weegs. Love how much he cares about the team and winning, need more players with that attitude.

WESEERED

#CatsAreComing
Apr 20, 2012
If there are any season ticket holders on here who dont plan on using their presale for game 5 I would love a chance to use it.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Weegs proved me wrong a couple times. Early in the season I was like, “Nah he can’t hang on the first pair with Ek.” Then he starts to ball out.

Then I was like, “Man he misses his shots too much.” Then he starts scoring at a nice pace. Haha

-ghoste

I am also guilty for questioning his shooting early on in the season. I remember saying something like, "is there anyone who can hit the goalie Square in the symbol more than him?"
That didn't age well. Good for him.

Reactions: Ghoste

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I started growing a playoff moustache as soon as the team clinched a playoff spot. The moustache started on April 28th. I have a real nice thick walrus-style moustache going here. Think Sam Bennett like.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Etcm5l9.png

Depressing lol

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
I don’t think I’ve ever felt more confident about this franchise going into the playoffs. Both times in the last decade (no, last year does not count) they started very hot and clearly struggled towards the end. This year is a bit different - they consistently held their ground and showed the ability to freshen up when they stunk.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Worth noting that while people are dreading Kucherov's return in terms of point production, I'm more afraid of the stupid shit he's going to pull on our top players if he gets frustrated. The guy is one of the least talked dirty players in the league.

Happily you'll probably only see Kucherov lash out if you succeed at completely shutting him down.

Did you have his hit on Nuti in mind - where he hip-checked his head into the wall? That still pisses me off.

Reactions: harv33173

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
At this point I don't really care how far we go in the POs - or even ever win the SC.

I just enjoy that we finally matter and we are built so we will matter for the next 5 years and most likely get to see PO hockey on a regular basis. We have the potential to be a lock for the POs. Done should be the days that we are the laughing stock of this league!

Pure joy and satisfaction after 20 years of misery! Thank you Bill Zito!

radkison

May 14, 2011
Mississippi
At this point I don't really care how far we go in the POs - or even ever win the SC.

I just enjoy that we finally matter and we are built so we will matter for the next 5 years and most likely get to see PO hockey on a regular basis. We have the potential to be a lock for the POs. Done should be the days that we are the laughing stock of this league!

Pure joy and satisfaction after 20 years of misery! Thank you Bill Zito!
This franchise desperately needs a PO series win

wampa13jku

Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
I really wish they would put out the damn schedule.

Me too, i got game 1 tickets and the longer I wait the more it seems I’ll have to sell due to a previous commitment, I bought them hoping this would get a Friday/Saturday start but if it starts Sunday im f***ed.

Jefe302

Oct 17, 2014
Concerns for me in this series, in order of most concern to least concern:

1. Lightning getting their best players back, obviously.

2. Yandle.

3. Bobrovsky.

I don't know how we're going to survive the Lightning's offense with Keith Yandle on the ice. I really don't. I think we've now reached the point where it's worth asking, can we really put this clown's ego over team success?

He can be scratched without it impacting his iron man streak since it’s the post season. I think it would just be a matter of the team being behind it if he screws the pooch bad enough in the first 2 games.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
This franchise desperately needs a PO series win
I partly agree. I won't take it that hard if it doesn't happen this year. But if we should make it to the POs in consecutive years without ever winning a series we would meet a new kind of laughing stock

WESEERED

#CatsAreComing
Apr 20, 2012
Me too, i got game 1 tickets and the longer I wait the more it seems I’ll have to sell due to a previous commitment, I bought them hoping this would get a Friday/Saturday start but if it starts Sunday im f***ed.
I want to fly down for game 5 (assuming there is a game 5) depending on when it is scheduled for. So a schedule would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: wampa13jku

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad