Confirmed with Link: Sergey Zborovskiy signed to ELC

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Reading this thread is hilarious. So many people eating crow, including myself. Kid's playing great, so well that he could be the best defenseman in the WHL.

Our Russian picks are looking great. 1 already an NHL'er, another our top prospect, a third is probably the biggest surprise of this season among our prospects. All three picked third round or later.

Please draft more Russians.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Zboro had 3 more Assists tonight, including an assist on the OT winner in a 5-4 victory. He was also +3. That's 12 points and +11 in his last 3 games. Dude is en fuego. :madfire:

Entrancemperium

Jul 30, 2005
Zboro had 3 more Assists tonight, including an assist on the OT winner in a 5-4 victory. He was also +3. That's 12 points and +11 in his last 3 games. Dude is en fuego. :madfire:

Man......... I was "Meh" when he was picked, I figured he would be a warm body to have in the line up but I'm starting to get excited about him. I was also "Meh" about Ryan Graves but I think he's my favorite prospect now.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Reading this thread is hilarious. So many people eating crow, including myself. Kid's playing great, so well that he could be the best defenseman in the WHL.

Our Russian picks are looking great. 1 already an NHL'er, another our top prospect, a third is probably the biggest surprise of this season among our prospects. All three picked third round or later.

Please draft more Russians.

wait, theres this "russian bias" thing. we cant draft more lazy russians that won't come over.

the thing i like most about zboro is his basic game. he's sound defensively and shows some snarl, skates well enough, is 6'4 and shows the ability to think the game. thats a 3rd pair guy right there with normal development.

if his offensive game continues to develop on top of that, you've got a kid who can grow into a larger role with more responsibility.

with graves and zboro both in the pipeline, weve got 2 guys who can perhaps grow into solid 2way 2nd pair players.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I wouldn't get overly fixated on the offense, as I don't know believe that will be his game in the pros, but he does seem to have made across the board improvement to his game. Trending the right way--the important thing with teenage prospects is that they get better each season.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
You're the only one hung up on this Russian bias thing. I don't see it from ANYONE else here and certainly not from the organization itself.

not true. at all.

I've spoken to the bias at length in many threads. it was always real especially in the canadian media and within the major junior community for sure. thanks to the new wave of russian players, its lessened recently but it was always there. not saying that some russian prima donas didnt help reinforce the stereotypes in the past. they certainly did.

i remember back when we didnt draft unnamed russian player and did draft unnamed western canada player that many here made the exact argument that there is a "safe" play drafting non russians. mostly due to the lack of transfer agreement and the fear that they "won't come over".

the bias was real and to a certain degree still is, but to a lesser extent, now.

so theres that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad