Sergei Fedorov vs Peter Forsberg

Sergei Fedorov vs Peter Forsberg?

• Total voters

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
In their primes I would give Federov a 95 and Forsberg a 97 out of 100 on a hockey game.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Forsberg is better at basically everything besides defence and shooting, it is not close. Forsberg wins by a mile

I too voted for Forsberg, but Federov was always the much better skater and had much higher hockey IQ than Forsberg, as well.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
I too voted for Forsberg, but Federov was always the much better skater and had much higher hockey IQ than Forsberg, as well.

Ceirtainly don’t agree with the hockey IQ claim, Forsbergs IQ is almost unmatched in the last 30 years. By the way, how do you vote? I never figured that out

Last edited:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Not sure why everyone is giving Fedorov the edge for single season peak

Forsberg's Hart season is just as impressive as Fedorov's Hart season

newfy

Jul 28, 2010

Lol no it isnt.

A Hart against Gretzky, a Selke, leading the league in even strength goals by a large margin and against better competition. Forsberg won his hart in 03 in one of the weaker eras for forwards. They won by similar margins of voting but Fedorovs actual season was more impressive

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
peak fedorov was better.

Best defensive player in the league, maybe the best skater in the league, and would score 110 - 120 points a season.

Foppa was a beast and had a longer peak but people are forgetting Fedorov's two way game. I've never seen a player affect a game so much by himself as Fedorov (except for Lindros and McDavid)

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
Fedorov did not have enough "Fedorov-caliber" seasons for me to vote for him here. As far as the playoffs is concerned, Fedorov is an absolute warrior and his postseason resume is arguably his biggest credit...but Forsberg is one of the best playoffs performers in history.

Reactions: Hockey Outsider

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Lol no it isnt.

A Hart against Gretzky, a Selke, leading the league in even strength goals by a large margin and against better competition. Forsberg won his hart in 03 in one of the weaker eras for forwards. They won by similar margins of voting but Fedorovs actual season was more impressive

Adjusted for era, Fedorov scored 108 points during his Hart season vs 118 for Forsberg

Forsberg also lead the league in assists, points, points per game, +/-, and finished 4th in Selke voting

Fedorov finished 4th in PPG behind Gretzky, Neely and Lindros

bathdog

Oct 27, 2016
peak fedorov was better.

Best defensive player in the league, maybe the best skater in the league, and would score 110 - 120 points a season.

Foppa was a beast and had a longer peak but people are forgetting Fedorov's two way game. I've never seen a player affect a game so much by himself as Fedorov (except for Lindros and McDavid)

Fedorov was of course not a 110-120 pts player by the modern standards. He played 18 seasons in the league, he paced for 100 points twice in his career, paced for 110 points twice in his career, paced for 120 points once in his career, hit 100 points twice in his career, hit 110 points once in his career, hit 120 points once in his career.

The 2 seasons that are relevant here are 2 of the 5 highest scoring seasons from the time he entered the league up until now. Kucherov just had 128 points in a season that was noticably lower scoring environment.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009

Forsberg admitted during his acceptance speech that he would not have won the Hart had Lemieux been healthy.

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
Adjusted for era, Fedorov scored 108 points during his Hart season vs 118 for Forsberg

Forsberg also lead the league in assists, points, points per game, +/-, and finished 4th in Selke voting

Forsberg was an excellent two-way player at even strength the year he won the Hart, but I don't think he had any business contending for the Selke. He played all of 12 seconds per game on the penalty kill.

Fedorov was roughly equally good at ES, but he was his team's #1 penalty killer (from what I remember - also corroborated by the number of PP goals he was on the ice for). Forsberg was probably a bit better offensively (adjusted for era), but Fedorov really did deserve his Selke trophy, so I'd rank his Hart season higher.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC

Did you also adjust for the number of games Fedorov spent playing as a defenceman?

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Did you also adjust for the number of games Fedorov spent playing as a defenceman?

My contribution to the conversation centered around Fedorov's Hart season in '94

I'm pretty sure he wasn't playing as a defenseman until 2002 or 2003

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Forsberg admitted during his acceptance speech that he would not have won the Hart had Lemieux been healthy.

I mean it's true but Ovechkin, Crosby, Malkin would have zero Harts combined if a healthy somewhat prime Lemieux was in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00