Sergei Fedorov vs Peter Forsberg

Sergei Fedorov vs Peter Forsberg?

• Total voters

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Avs fan voting Forsberg. His skill and physicality is something I've never seen another player do at his level. Fedorov is obviously no slouch either but there are very few players that I take over Forsberg in his prime and Fedorov is just not one of them.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Avs fan voting Forsberg. His skill and physicality is something I've never seen another player do at his level. Fedorov is obviously no slouch either but there are very few players that I take over Forsberg in his prime and Fedorov is just not one of them.

You got to watch Fedorov plenty being in the same conference at the time and a big rival.

Fedorov the better skater and better defensively.

Two different styles yet both were impact players.

Forberg was nasty in the playoffs, incredible. I'm a big fan of Petey but going Fedorov on this poll.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Forsberg.

Despite playing several fewer games throughout his career, Forsberg had 5 seasons where he was Top 10 in points compared to Fedorov only having 2 such seasons.

Addtionally, where most people give Fedorov the benefit of the doubt for showing up in the playoffs when compared to other players, Forsberg was a playoff monster.

Similar peaks but forsberg was much more consistent over his career

This.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Fedorov was amazing from '94-'96 but didn't keep up that level of play in the regular season. Forsberg performed at a very high level from '96 to '04, although he had health issues during that time.

They were both outstanding in the playoffs.

Overall, Forsberg was better.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
At their prime, Fedorov was the better hockey player. Defensively he was on another level from most forwards of the 90s and early 2000s. He did fall off even quicker than Forsberg did. Fedorov’s prime (which was cut short by his holdout season) was basically four seasons long, and during two of them he spent time as a defenceman.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
You got to watch Fedorov plenty being in the same conference at the time and a big rival.

Fedorov the better skater and better defensively.

Two different styles yet both were impact players.

Forberg was nasty in the playoffs, incredible. I'm a big fan of Petey but going Fedorov on this poll.

Fedorov was a great player no doubt but I was referring specifically to Forsberg's package of skill and physicality. Forsberg literally had people water skiing off him night in and night out. He also had a more prolonged high level of play than Fedorov.

I don't mean to downplay how good Fedorov was but Forsberg was just better for longer IMO.

Last edited:

member 157595

Both of these guys could completely control a game by themselves at their respective peaks, and for different reasons.

Forsberg definitely had the better career though.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
I think we have a lot of younger posters who don't recall Fedorov in the early 90's. Fedorov was a much better all around player and not that far behind offensively. Other than playing behind the net, what was Forsberg clearly better than Fedorov at?

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->