80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Schneider got the 6 ov
Jones got the sharks 1st
Lehner (and legs and) for buffalos 1st
Raanta + Stepan got the 7th ov and a top tier prospect
Mrazek got cond 4th and 3rd
UFA bishop got a 4th

So yea Bob probably should get a first. Finding a team that has cap space and needs a goalie is more difficult. That's what Carolina, buffalo, Vancouver, and New York? Maybe Calgary or St Louis?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The major question is what does Bob's next contract look like? He will be starting it at the age of 31 (Same age as Price) and he has better stats vs Price. Good luck getting him locked up for anything cheaper than $9M AAV with the increase in salary cap and how Agents will be all over this!

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I've been told again and again in "Price to your team" proposal that goaltender don't hold that much value, not matter how good they are. I doubt Bob returns as much as you think, especially with one year left only and looking to sign an "albatross contrat" like Price as people like to say.

Yes, but that's mostly a flawed opinion IMO. Since top goalies like Price or Bob are never traded.
You see young goalies with potential being traded, but I can't remember a Vezinas goalie being traded recently.
Luongo was, but he had a no-mouvement clause and decided where he wanted to go.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Yes, but that's mostly a flawed opinion IMO. Since top goalies like Price or Bob are never traded.
You see young goalies with potential being traded, but I can't remember a Vezinas goalie being traded recently.
Luongo was, but he had a no-mouvement clause and decided where he wanted to go.
So is Bob, full NMC.

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
Maybe i am crazy but the 5th overall this year and Anti Raanta from arizona sounds low but for the circumstances is probably about right. CBJ gets an affordable NHL option that would be easy to move on from with a decent return when the kid is ready and if the kid takes a little longer they have a few years on his contract. They also get Whalstorm in the draft who is good in all three zones and can put up points. Maybe a slight add on arizona but they have the cap to keep him. I can see it being a good deal for both teams as long as bob waves his NMC.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
So is Bob, full NMC.

True, but I believe Luongo wanted to leave too. Management and media were a shit show, Luongo didn't want to make them any gifts.
I don't think Bob wants to leave...?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Goalies aren’t valued like they once were. How many goalies have even been drafted in the first round the past 5 years?

Bob is good but I don’t see any team giving up a top 10 pick for him. Mid first round pick would be a good haul. He isn’t bringing back a scoring center.

Bob isn't just good, he's great and arguably the best goalie in the league

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
True, but I believe Luongo wanted to leave too. Management and media were a **** show, Luongo didn't want to make them any gifts.
I don't think Bob wants to leave...?
No indication at all. They actually get rid of goalie coach because Bob stopped working with him and now they're planning to consult with Bob about new one.
We have 2 shitty contracts with Foligno and Dubinsky($11M+) so we have to get rid of one of our best player to have some space! Logic!

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Um. Duh? That's, like, why that second sentence of mine is there.

why even ask for it then? oh right the ol "doesnt hurt to try" school of thought.
no one is giving columbus a 1c for a goalie.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
I would move Bob if he wants a raise, which I doubt he will get. Kind hard to justify you deserve a 10m+ contract to your boss, when you keep losing in the first round. I bet somebody mentioned it to Bob during this years playoffs, probably why he did better.

Reactions: Fro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad