Sergei Bobrovsky

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam
WARNING: Hunches ahead

If Bob has the worst year of his life I could see him getting something a little bit pricier than Corey Crawford's six year, 36 million dollar debacle.

If Bob has the best year of his life I'd look at Tuuka Rask. He signed his deal 14 months ago, $7m AAV. But his eight year term isn't something I see happening in Columbus. So... six years at 7.5? five years at 7.75. I dunno.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i could see 5/$40m....but yeah...if somehow we could get it b/t 6 and 7 per...that would be great...

GranttoSherman

Mar 14, 2013
I'm just going to leave this here.

cLRiHGE.gif

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Backstopped Russia in the Worlds..

I was day dreaming after watching them win, that Bob may have a very special career in front of him in Columbus, & if he does deliver on his dreams, then "Pay dat man his money"..

Sidebar: Bob is very well liked by his countrymen, and secretly I hope he lures some of his buds here in free agency. Wouldn't it be nice to add a talented Russian or two to play with Arty? I love seeing good CBJ hockey regardless of nationality:naughty:

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
Religion and spirituality is huge in Russia and former CCCP countries

Yeah, not just the religion but those Russian interviews seem to cover all fields of life. It could go anywhere in terms of questions. Finnish and North American hockey interviews for example are much more restricted (and boring) as you could almost guess the usual questions and answers by yourself.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Yeah, not just the religion but those Russian interviews seem to cover all fields of life. It could go anywhere in terms of questions. Finnish and North American hockey interviews for example are much more restricted (and boring) as you could almost guess the usual questions and answers by yourself.

Yes, usually Russian interviews are very interesting, this is (also) why I love translating them. NA interviews many times are just "rah rah I work out a lot, the team's result is much more important yada yada"

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland
Unload. The. Cap.

Whatever it takes get him locked up longe term. As long as we have an elite goalie we are a playoff team. Without him we're basic

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Unload. The. Cap.

Whatever it takes get him locked up longe term. As long as we have an elite goalie we are a playoff team. Without him we're basic

I wouldn't be surprised to see him get his extension this season. Without that toe save last night I think the game goes a completely different direction. That save was monstrous.

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland
I wouldn't be surprised to see him get his extension this season. Without that toe save last night I think the game goes a completely different direction. That save was monstrous.

One of the greatest saves I've ever seen considering the break away was MSL and Nash. I'm not sure any other goalie stops that

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
One of the greatest saves I've ever seen considering the break away was MSL and Nash. I'm not sure any other goalie stops that

I play goalie and I gotta say that is definitely not easy. The reflexes alone to get across the crease that quickly is hard enough let alone to be able to stretch and do the splits like he did was just outstanding. I've made similar saves before and sometimes afterwards I would just think to myself hoe in the hell did I just save that. Goaltending really is all about your reflexes, if you have to think about how you're going to save a shot you've already lost. And you can tell with a lot of his saves that he has that elite reflex that it takes to become one of the best. I'm so stoked he's our goaltender.

I really would hate to be a Philly fan about now :laugh:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Dave Maetz's show this morning there was a moment with Porty they said that Bob didn't know he made the save until he was on his back and heard the crowd...

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus

GM Jarmo Kekalainen told LeBrun that the offer was a “fair” one and that the Jackets “absolutely want to keep a guy like that and for long-term.”

Get out of here with that "fair" **** lol. Uncle Jarmo is gonna have to pony up some serious dough now. The losing skid might not be just because bob is out, but no one thinks we lose 9 straight with him on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad