GDT: Sept. 26 | Flyers vs Islanders | Fakeseason Game 1b

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
You have to hearken back to Hextalls comments.

If you scale out 1-10, he wants Provorov & Konecny to be 8's before they play in the NHL (I'm just arbitrarily pulling numbers)

Just because Raffl is a 5 and MacDonald/Mannings are 3's doesn't mean they get the spots on the NHL.
I know but they gotta be able to beat that garbage of this team. I don't wanna see g wasted.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Myers was the standout in a game where everyone was watching to see what konecny and provy do. I never said they were bad Jesus. When I saw ghost his first training camp he stood out and these guys don't. Marner stood out for Toronto and Logan brown for Ottawa. Our d in last nights games created little o. On to the next game. Morin wasn't good either according to afew on this board and almost everyone on other flyer boards. Not good for big Sammy who should be close.

But, like I said, you didn't watch them yourself, right?

Trust me, it's a huge mistake for you to say these things when your only source of information is either the media or non-Flyers posters. You're trusting people who not only haven't earned it, but in fact they've proven that they're not worthy of being trusted.

And even past that, this is the first preseason game where our roster was basically AHL featuring some junior players. It's just a cluster**** with little to no structure, not a good place for evaluation. Only thing the management can really get out of this is who is physically mature (holding their own or being physically pushed around like Laberge was).

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
But, like I said, you didn't watch them yourself, right?

Trust me, it's a huge mistake for you to say these things when your only source of information is either the media or non-Flyers posters. You're trusting people who not only haven't earned it, but in fact they're proven that they're not worthy of being trusted.

And even past that, this is the first preseason game where our roster was basically AHL featuring some junior players. It's just a cluster**** with little to no structure, not a good place for evaluation. Only thing the management can really get out of this is who is physically mature (holding their own or being physically pushed around like Laberge was).
I'm on 2 other flyers boards and afew guys were at the devil game chiming in to let us know what was going on and Myers stood out and provy was ok but the the rest sucked. Laberge should be sent back today lol.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm on 2 other flyers boards and afew guys were at the devil game chiming in to let us know what was going on and Myers stood out and provy was ok but the the rest sucked. Laberge should be sent back today lol.

But again, don't trust something you haven't seen. What if someone unfamiliar with this board came here and read some random threads? They might think Manning was a real hockey player, that Giroux is Robin, that Schenn is being forced into retirement, that Mason is a horrible goalie, and a million other things that you can easily tell are false when you watch a game for yourself.

That's all I'm saying. Wait till you see for yourself before getting worried.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
So originally we were told that Provorov sucked, but now he wasn't bad.

And based on this one game 19 year old Provorov is apparently behind where Ghost was in development despite Ghost being unable to make the Flyers out of camp at age 21 or 22.

And the names of these other Flyers boards where everyone just happens to agree with this forum's biggest whiner, remain a mystery.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
But again, don't trust something you haven't seen. What if someone unfamiliar with this board came here and read some random threads? They might think Manning was a real hockey player, that Giroux is Robin, that Schenn is being forced into retirement, that Mason is a horrible goalie, and a million other things that you can easily tell are false when you watch a game for yourself.

That's all I'm saying. Wait till you see for yourself before getting worried.
these guys are solid when it comes to the flyers. They want all our prospects to shine and finally win a cup.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
It's preseason. If people are getting worked up because some players had a bad game, don't bother watching the regular season. For some guys, this is their first opportunity to be partnered with someone they haven't played with yet. As well, for some, this is a new system being learned. This is also an evaluating period not just for players, but coaches as well. So, I'm not going to put much stock in a preseason game. And if Provorov sucked like some say he did, then why did he play nearly 30 minutes? Can't be that bad if he's getting a ton of ice time. Anyways, if the team is 10 games in and they haven't won a game, then I'd start to worry. As for preseason, it's all about surviving in one piece and with good health.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Ghost not making the team in his second season is more of a mistake on Hextall's part than on Ghost. Hextall's attitude about patience is great but I think he goes a bit overboard on it. Ghost didn't become the NHL impact player he is because he spent 20ish games in the AHL last season.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Myers was the standout in a game where everyone was watching to see what konecny and provy do. I never said they were bad Jesus. When I saw ghost his first training camp he stood out and these guys don't. Marner stood out for Toronto and Logan brown for Ottawa. Our d in last nights games created little o. On to the next game. Morin wasn't good either according to afew on this board and almost everyone on other flyer boards. Not good for big Sammy who should be close.

What are you talking about??? Marner did not have a good camp last year (his first camp) and Logan Brown was not very good at all at the rookie tournament. The comments regarding Konecny were great last year in his first camp and Morin has been solid in almost every camp. Provy I wont comment because I haven't seen but the others I have no idea what your talking about

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
What are you talking about??? Marner did not have a good camp last year (his first camp) and Logan Brown was not very good at all at the rookie tournament. The comments regarding Konecny were great last year in his first camp and Morin has been solid in almost every camp. Provy I wont comment because I haven't seen but the others I have no idea what your talking about
They were awseome last night.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Ghost not making the team in his second season is more of a mistake on Hextall's part than on Ghost. Hextall's attitude about patience is great but I think he goes a bit overboard on it. Ghost didn't become the NHL impact player he is because he spent 20ish games in the AHL last season.

It wasn't a mistake. He struggled at camp and in the start of the AHL season.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
It wasn't a mistake. He struggled at camp and in the start of the AHL season.

You're more than welcome to feel that way but I don't agree with it. Him playing 14 games in the AHL didn't magically make him any better, Ghost would have done his thing either way.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Let's not pretend like Ghost was thrust into all situations minutes, yes he increased, but he was highly sheltered for most of the season. He wouldn't have even been called up if it wasn't for the Streit injury. He came up and exploded, basically made it impossible to be sent down.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries

I bet Hatcher is from Canada. All TSN and Sportsnet do all pre season is blow Canadian teams prospects. I watch most of that OTT game. Brown scored a goal and didn't do much else but they were pumping his tires hard. Marner (who I do think will be good) had 3 end to end rushes that they literally showed the entire rush of each time. Just the rushes were the majority of the highlights and he didn't even create great scoring opportunities (they also ignored the fact there was almost no NHL talent on the opposing defense).

There is a reason Leafs fans and all the other fans of Canadian teams think they have the greatest prospects of all time. They are constantly spoon fed it for years straight.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You're more than welcome to feel that way but I don't agree with it. Him playing 14 games in the AHL didn't magically make him any better, Ghost would have done his thing either way.

Hextall and Ghost agreed he wasn't quite up to the level he needed to be a year ago thanks to the ACL injury.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

He absolutely improved from the start of training camp until he got called up. It wasn't a lot of time but I definitely noticed him being far more steady on defense as the time in the AHL went on. It wasn't like he suddenly became an elite shutdown defensemen, but it seemed like he learned a bit about what he can and can't do. For example, he couldn't pinch and expect him speed to be enough to cover for him like it did in college. He started making better decisions instead of like in the beginning where his aggressiveness bit him in the ass fairly often. It was basically trail and error time where he could afford to screw up and learn from it, unlike when playing in the NHL.

Sending him down to start last year was the right call, bringing him up when they did was also correct.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
I bet Hatcher is from Canada. All TSN and Sportsnet do all pre season is blow Canadian teams prospects. I watch most of that OTT game. Brown scored a goal and didn't do much else but they were pumping his tires hard. Marner (who I do think will be good) had 3 end to end rushes that they literally showed the entire rush of each time. Just the rushes were the majority of the highlights and he didn't even create great scoring opportunities (they also ignored the fact there was almost no NHL talent on the opposing defense).

There is a reason Leafs fans and all the other fans of Canadian teams think they have the greatest prospects of all time. They are constantly spoon fed it for years straight.

I'm from Canada and I saw them both play in the rookie games (Marner was pretty good (not sensational but it was his second camp) but Brown was gawd awful (first rookie camp) I mean horrible. That being said it was summer so who gives a sh**. But to compare Morin ,Provy and Konecny to these two and make it sound like after watching or just hearing about 1 preseason game and then you come on and make judgements based on that :shakehead give me a break. Maybe both will make their respective teams (doubt it) but to comment and criticise after 1 pre season game wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad