GDT: Sept. 26 | Flyers vs Islanders | Fakeseason Game 1b

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Honestly, I don't think anyone was particularly good in this game. There were some individual flashes, but the team couldn't string together 2 passes in a row. They were chasing the puck all night.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Thought that might have been Twarynski. Thanks for the info to all of you. Not going to overreact as it was just one preseason game for an 18 year old - just saying I certainly wasn't impressed. Hopefully, he'll continue to improve.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Provy is sucking in the other game and no one wants to admit it on this board. I was just saying what others are talking about on other boards.

I am confused.

Reports are saying he had a 50% CF despite us being severly out chanced. Sucking?

Last edited by a moderator:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Pro tip: don't rely on information from the media members who are there (because 99% are idiots) or non-Flyers fans who comment on Flyers players (because 99% of them are biased, idiots, or both).

Only pay attention to facts and statistics. Ignore opinions.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I am confused.

Reports are saying he had a 50% CF despite us being severly out chanced. Sucking?

It's very simple. You just need to find these other boards full of people who went to the game in NJ and all agree Provorov's 29 minutes sucked.

Pablo Sanchez

The Secret Weapon
Oct 17, 2011
Nj
hatcher;122447101 Provy is sucking in the other game and no one wants to admit it on this board. I was just saying what others are talking about on other boards.[/QUOTE said:
How can we admit something when none of us saw the game? What other boards are you even talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hatcher off to an early start infesting our board with unwarranted negativity using fabricated information. Yay.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
It's very simple. You just need to find these other boards full of people who went to the game in NJ and all agree Provorov's 29 minutes sucked.

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/postgame-flyers-fall-to-islanders-devils/c-282159072

* Ivan Provorov played nearly 29 minutes in his first preseason game (28:48) on 28 shifts. It was the most minutes of any player on either team. Of those minutes, 8:03 were on the team's power play.

Flyers Head Coach Dave Hakstol: "We wanted to see him in different situations and as long as he was handling those ice times we wanted him to play in those situations. There was no number in mind. I don't really want someone playing 27-28 minutes on night number one, but he was doing a good job."

Translation: I'm going to be playing him 29 minutes a game for the next 15 years, he'd better get used to it.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I guess we should trust our coach, and Corsi stats instead if Hatcher and opposing teams boards? Is that what I am hearing?

:sarcasm:

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Myers was the standout in a game where everyone was watching to see what konecny and provy do. I never said they were bad Jesus. When I saw ghost his first training camp he stood out and these guys don't. Marner stood out for Toronto and Logan brown for Ottawa. Our d in last nights games created little o. On to the next game. Morin wasn't good either according to afew on this board and almost everyone on other flyer boards. Not good for big Sammy who should be close.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Forwards can do a hell of a lot more "standout" in ****** preseason games then D, they have the puck on their stick far more often.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Forwards can do a hell of a lot more "standout" in ****** preseason games then D, they have the puck on their stick far more often.
Preseason means a lot for young players trying to make it. We have top prospects on this team and so far ghost is the only standout and didn't need help to do so. If these d don't get on the team soon the forwards like g and voracek will be to old with maybe rubtsov and konecny as the only replacements.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Preseason means a lot for young players trying to make it. We have top prospects on this team and so far ghost is the only standout and didn't need help to do so. If these d don't get on the team soon the forwards like g and voracek will be to old with maybe rubtsov and konecny as the only replacements.

Defenseman play different games than forwards.

Ghost is a completely different type of player than Myers/Provorov/Morin.

Provorov is proving he can be COMPLETE defenseman to Hakstol & Hextall. Ghost got booted to the AHL 2 years in a row because he could only show offensive skill.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Defenseman play different games than forwards.

Ghost is a completely different type of player than Myers/Provorov/Morin.

Provorov is proving he can be COMPLETE defenseman to Hakstol & Hextall. Ghost got booted to the AHL 2 years in a row because he could only show offensive skill.
if provy and konecny can't win jobs which god I hope they do cause I loved the picks and still do that would be a huge set back for both players and the team. Both will be great but we need them sooner or later.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
if provy and konecny can't win jobs which god I hope they do cause I loved the picks and still do that would be a huge set back for both players and the team. Both will be great but we need them sooner or later.

Can't win jobs this year or ever?

Because that's a bit of a hyperbolic statement if you are claiming their careers are over because they can't make the 2016 Flyers at 19.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
You have to hearken back to Hextalls comments.

If you scale out 1-10, he wants Provorov & Konecny to be 8's before they play in the NHL (I'm just arbitrarily pulling numbers)

Just because Raffl is a 5 and MacDonald/Mannings are 3's doesn't mean they get the spots on the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad