GDT: Sept. 26: Flyers at Devils (preseason)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Makes sense that Provy is getting a ton of game-leading ice time (18:30 through 2), but it's surprising to see Myers right behind him at 16:30. He's still recovering from his ten injuries he suffered last year, didn't skate in prospects camp, the world junior showcase, and missed the rookie game several days ago. But now he's getting top ice time against a pretty veteran team. I wonder what Hakstol's thinking...

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Makes sense that Provy is getting a ton of game-leading ice time (18:30 through 2), but it's surprising to see Myers right behind him at 16:30. He's still recovering from his ten injuries he suffered last year, didn't skate in prospects camp, the world junior showcase, and missed the rookie game several days ago. But now he's getting top ice time against a pretty veteran team. I wonder what Hakstol's thinking...

Hard to understand the logic behind TOI in a split squad game. Probably knows he's one of the more skilled guys out there.

Provorov playing against a veteran heavy lineup does help showcase what he has. Just needs to showcase positive things.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Hard to understand the logic behind TOI in a split squad game. Probably knows he's one of the more skilled guys out there.

Provorov playing against a veteran heavy lineup does help showcase what he has. Just needs to showcase positive things.

The team is getting (understandably) outplayed, even though the score is close. It's hard to evaluate Provy against the box score. He just has to look solid despite everyone sucking around him. Mem Cup 2.0.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
If Provorov looks just "okay" in his first preseason game against a veteran lineup and playing heavy minutes...I'm pretty fine with that all things considered.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Devils score, up 1-0. According to Isaac, Provorov has been "ok" had a turn over. I feel like Hextall will look for any little thing to send him back. Turnovers will not be kind.

Are we really going to criticize him over a turnover in his 1st preseason game?

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013

No. But Hextall just has me on ends with his philosophy. Every D-man has turnovers, every single one. I'm just in my head that Hextall will be like "Well see, he had 4 turnovers this preseason, he's not ready"

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

I don't trust any of the beat writers to evaluate a player's performance first of all.

But Provorov should not be allowed to play in the NHL until he never makes a single mistake and is perfect in every single way. If he wants to make the NHL roster, he needs to beat out God.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
No. But Hextall just has me on ends with his philosophy. Every D-man has turnovers, every single one. I'm just in my head that Hextall will be like "Well see, he had 4 turnovers this preseason, he's not ready"

I trust Hexy to be more level-headed than that. Youre putting too much stock in some of the quotes he is giving the media. He has to keep these kids hungry and not allow them to be complacent. Saying that kids have to knock the door down to make the team is exactly what he should say. My guess is that his actual evaluation process is a lot more level-headed.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I trust Hexy to be more level-headed than that. Youre putting too much stock in some of the quotes he is giving the media. He has to keep these kids hungry and not allow them to be complacent. Saying that kids have to knock the door down to make the team is exactly what he should say. My guess is that his actual evaluation process is a lot more level-headed.

I agree, I'm sure it is, but I'm just anxious to get one of these draft picks on the Flyers.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA

You literally say this every time Provorov comes up and have seen literally nothing indicating this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad