Leddy Stanton,
Brookbank Kostka

Crawford
Raanta

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Figured I would get this going.

Dont know what to expect tonight, looking forward to seeing Jurco and where hes at. Callahan and Athanasiou are going to be fun to watch on the forecheck as well

RedWingsNow*

8 O'clock puck drop

Detroits lines

Bertuzzi Weiss Alfredsson
Jurco Sheahan Nyquist.
Miller Eaves Emmerton,
Athanasiou Pulkkinen Callahan.

Kronwall Ericcson
Sproul Ouellet
Paetch Lashoff

Monster (2 periods)
Coreau (3rd)

Chicago Lines

Bickell-Teravainen-Kane
Sharp-Saad-Morin
Smith-LeBlanc-JHayes
Bollig-Kruger-Nordstrom

Keith Seabrook,
Leddy Stanton,
Brookbank Kostka

Crawford
Raanta

Jurco Sheahan Nyquist.
Miller Emmerton Eaves,
Callahan Athanasiou Pulkkinen

I think Pulkkinen is a RW.

Who is Teravainen?

Xvash2

Jul 8, 2010
Jurco Sheahan Nyquist.
Miller Emmerton Eaves,

Who is Teravainen?

Teravainen is a 2012 first round pick by the Hawks. Is playing in SM-Liiga with Jokerit I think? Supposedly a great upside.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Jurco Sheahan Nyquist.
Miller Emmerton Eaves,

Who is Teravainen?

I just copy and pasted those I'll fix them and is that a joke about all the hype hes been getting lately or an actual quesiton? Hes done great at hawks camp was a first rounder not too long ago.

One hawks fan thinks hes better than Larionov at this point in his development...

RedWingsNow*

I just copy and pasted those I'll fix them and is that a joke about all the hype hes been getting lately or an actual quesiton? Hes done great at hawks camp was a first rounder not too long ago.

One hawks fan thinks hes better than Larionov at this point in his development...

I just googled and youtubed. I don't see a ton to get too excited about.

Looks like he's going back to Finland. But I like that Coach Q puts a prospect in the middle of Kane and Bickell.

Put your skill guys where they can perform.
That would be like Jarnrok centering Zetterberg and Abdelkader...which is actually a pretty decent idea for a game or two.

Or maybe just Jarnrkrok with Tatar ... and Glendening with Tootoo -- you know, because that's the kinds of players these guys play with.

Xvash2

Jul 8, 2010
I just googled and youtubed. I don't see a ton to get too excited about.

Looks like he's going back to Finland. But I like that Coach Q puts a prospect in the middle of Kane and Bickell.

Put your skill guys where they can perform.
That would be like Jarnrok centering Zetterberg and Abdelkader...which is actually a pretty decent idea for a game or two.

Or maybe just Jarnrkrok with Tatar ... and Glendening with Tootoo -- you know, because that's the kinds of players these guys play with.

Actually Glendening wasn't terrible last night, he's got some wheels that he used to open up some space.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Teravainen is a 2012 first round pick by the Hawks. Is playing in SM-Liiga with Jokerit I think? Supposedly a great upside.

Teräväinen is their Finnish "Järnkrok" (with a one year delay). Going back to SM-Liiga for 1-year, but finishes his pre-season in this game.

RedWingsNow*

Actually Glendening wasn't terrible last night, he's got some wheels that he used to open up some space.

He looked good on the one PK. But he was of no use to that line as a center. Can't pass. Can't win faceoffs.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
With the whomping we gave Pittsburgh, I'm fine with our team still having cohesion and not at all averse to running these lines to get some of our young guys right on the front lines.

Wish Jarnkrok would play, though. Unless there's a reason he isn't?

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Looks like the hawks are dressing a skilled line up.

It will be interesting to see how the Oullett-Sproul pairing fairs.

Aug 6, 2012
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames
Johan Franzen will miss tonight's #RedWings game with a sore hip flexor. Day to day, per Ken Holland. (I know, just like all of us).

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Franzen is out with a hip flexor via Malik.

Yeah, had not really looked at a lot of the local guys since real early this morning. They had some article with him talking about playing on MLive earlier so I was surprised. But see it now, unfortunate, so Franzen and Smith have knocks today it would seem.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Looks like the hawks are dressing a skilled line up.

It will be interesting to see how the Oullett-Sproul pairing fairs.

With that lineup Sproul could be in big trouble. Hopefully the offensive powerhouse portion of Sproul's game shows up tonight, he is going to be exposed at times defensively though, all part of the process. I would guess that Ouellet will look pretty good, that guy is rock solid.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
With the whomping we gave Pittsburgh, I'm fine with our team still having cohesion and not at all averse to running these lines to get some of our young guys right on the front lines.

Wish Jarnkrok would play, though. Unless there's a reason he isn't?

Jarnkrok played last night in Pittsburgh and this is B squad playing against Chicago.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I was only able to watch a small amount of the game on stream, how'd he look?

Very solid defensively, pretty good lateral movement and acceleration. Plays with a small stick and didn't add much offense, seems to be concentrating on his defensive responsibilities first at both prospect tournament and now in this game. Needs to get more aggressive offensively, game seems to be moving a little too fast for him, but he was solid in the dot and was in the right defensive positions. Again has to use one of the shortest sticks I have seen though, which I found very interesting, I don't know that I noticed that in Europe as often as I did last night.

RedWingsNow*

Was mostly invisible. His skating is average at best. He chases like Z, but doesn't have Z's natural instincts.
Didn't see any good passes. Didn't see any nice rushes. Didn't see much possession. He was paired with a 19-year-old kid and Tootoo, so that didn't help.

Jarnkrok's status as #1 or #2 prospect won't last long, IMO. He was unimpressive in GR last spring. He was unimpressive in the prospect camp, He was unimpressive last night.

I thought Mantha looked better last night.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

I liked immediately his right-handed playmaker tools on the 2nd PP. It just opens new passing lanes and gives a new dimension, an "Yzerman" dimension. A shot threat for goalies weakest spot, to the blocker side. We haven't that kind of guy for 7 years, since Robert Lang was gone.

Jarnkrok's status as #1 or #2 prospect won't last long, IMO.

Agree with this from last season already. Ouellet, Sproul, Mrazek and maybe Jurco are in front of him, but still, he is our best center prospect. Athanasiou challenges him, but I don't know is his future at wing or center. Järnkrok's is clearly at center.

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Wings are dressing 8 D tonight I guess. Ned and Nicastro are gonig to be a pairing. I expect one or both of them to be sitting off for 5 minutes at some point so maybe thats why they went with 8 tonight

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Athanasiou challenges him, but I don't know is his future at wing or center. Järnkrok's is clearly at center.

Yeah I'm much more impressed with A2 than Jarnkrok at this point. But who knows what a couple of years in GR will do for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad