#Senswatch Part III: A Night at the Opera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I haven't heard it, but I don't watch other teams all that much. I like the Mario sound though, because it's subtle - it doesn't seem gimmicky/dumb.

Nah it's super gimmicky. I was annoyed by it when I started watching, but I've gotten used to it.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Also, remember where both the Avs and Sens were around the time they met up at the Global Series last year. Ottawa was off to a pretty torrid start and the Avs were just kinda treading water. Each team went in completely opposite directions after that.

We were the underdogs, they outplayed us in both games I think.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I wish I still had my PSone, I'd fire up some Twisted Metal or Gran Turismo in a heartbeat.

I use mine as a CD player cos I can't buy a proper CD player/stereo right now. It's actually quite known by audiophiles for its quality DAC sound, not that I can tell.

Haven't gotten into GT5 on the PS3, I played a bit but it's so overwhelming it's ridiculous, don't think the PS3 version of Twisted Metal has much of a rep.

Reactions: S3rkie

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I'm sorry I don't like the thing you like :(
Meh. All I mean to say is, it could just as well be another bleeping sound.

Since we're on the topic (off-topic), and you're a Finn, what do you think of the trend where the PA announcer announces the first name of the goal-scorer and the fan section yells out the last name? I can't stand that shit. So many FEL teams are doing it now...

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO

Since we're on the topic (off-topic), and you're a Finn, what do you think of the trend where the PA announcer announces the first name of the goal-scorer and the fan section yells out the last name? I can't stand that ****. So many FEL teams are doing it now...
That sounds liked it'd get extremely annoying after the first 5 times you hear it. I do wish they would bring the leading scorer helmet over to the NHL. I've always loved that for some reason.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017

Since we're on the topic (off-topic), and you're a Finn, what do you think of the trend where the PA announcer announces the first name of the goal-scorer and the fan section yells out the last name? I can't stand that ****. So many FEL teams are doing it now...

Annoying. Although that's probably the intention, to annoy the fans of the other team, kinda like with some of the goal songs.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
That sounds liked it'd get extremely annoying after the first 5 times you hear it. I do wish they would bring the leading scorer helmet over to the NHL. I've always loved that for some reason.
I'd move elsewhere, but Euro hockey doesn't have a thread anyway.

Yeah, it did get old.

The gold helmet helps with tracking the one player. It's OK, I guess. A mundane sight for a long time in the FEL.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack the tank watch. Another loss closer, guys!

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Not sure if there's anything wrong with Duchene but he played only 15 minutes. He's on a contract year so that's an interesting situation.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Not sure if there's anything wrong with Duchene but he played only 15 minutes. He's on a contract year so that's an interesting situation.

Funny, I'm reading the game report from Natural Stat Trick and it says he played less than 10 minutes. :skeptic: Either way, Chris Tierney got more ice time than Matt Duchene when the team was fighting back from a deficit. Unless he's hurt there's absolutely zero justification for that move.

Ceci had, like 6% CF or something in the first period. :laugh:

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Tkachuk with a goal against Philly tonight. I fully support him and his first goal since he was my main prospect crush last year. That’s it, though. No more goals for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad