#Senswatch Part III: A Night at the Opera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Just 2 games in, guys. Remember where the Avs were 2 games into last year. Sens have plenty of time to lose, if they’re really as bad as people say they are.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Lost to the Senators?

raw

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Good for Ottawa because they haven't looked too bad out there, but man Maple Leafs are another 2nd round playoff exit bounding to happen. No defence whatsoever after Reilly and 4 goals on 24 shots is simply not good enough for Andersen.

Toronto has not looked good in these two first games of the season, that's for sure.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Good for Ottawa because they haven't looked too bad out there, but man Maple Leafs are another 2nd round playoff exit bounding to happen. No defence whatsoever after Reilly and 4 goals on 24 shots is simply not good enough for Andersen.

Toronto has not looked good in these two first games of the season, that's for sure.

Meh, this is like, the third year in a row Fredrik Andersen has started out like crap. He always does this. I do hope they figure out a better long-term solution in net because ultimately he isn't good enough, but he'll be at least adequate for them once he gets past his usual garbage start.

I think they'll be better defensively once Babs starts trusting the youth over guys like Hainsey. They also need to get Tyler Ennis the hell off that team, not sure why he's even there when he couldn't even cut it with frickin' Minny. Just figure out what to do with Nylander already, or promote someone like Kapanen/Johnsson to the 2nd line.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Good on the Send. I mean obviously I'd like the pick to be as high as possible but it's good to see them battling.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Yes good on them, and I know most won't agree but I don't see the need to cheer for their loses. We have a good trade on our hands as is, wherever the pick ends up we are golden. No point in getting upset every time they score a goal or win a point or two.

PS

It was actually great seeing Chabot lead them by the Leafs, love that kid.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I'm ready to eat some crow on the Sens defense. If they keep playing like that they might be a middle of the pack team rather than a bottom of the league team. They really seem to be pulling together and playing with confidence, and Anderson looked good in the Leafs game.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm ready to eat some crow on the Sens defense. If they keep playing like that they might be a middle of the pack team rather than a bottom of the league team. They really seem to be pulling together and playing with confidence, and Anderson looked good in the Leafs game.

They've played two uproariously bad defensive teams with shaky goaltending. Give it a few more games. Again, I think they'll be better than 31st this season but they'll still be pretty bad.

And no, Andersen has absolutely NOT looked good thus far. He just hasn't been quite as bad as he usually is to start the season. But he's definitely not getting help from the team in front of him that's for sure.

EDIT: My bad, you were talkin' about Craig. Sorry...

Last edited:
Reactions: Tommy G

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
In a league with as much parity as the NHL, a young, hungry team can make a big difference. Yeah on paper Ottawa is bad, but just being bad on paper doesn't mean they will finish last. Their first two games prove that a lot of different things can happen. Now I expect them to be bad, but they are certainly not a bottom 3 lock like has been spouted so many times.

Reactions: Balthazar

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Also, remember where both the Avs and Sens were around the time they met up at the Global Series last year. Ottawa was off to a pretty torrid start and the Avs were just kinda treading water. Each team went in completely opposite directions after that.

Reactions: Bender

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I've never understood it. Yet every time I go to a game someone around me laughs at it. Have any other teams bit the Mario sound effect yet?
I haven't heard it, but I don't watch other teams all that much. I like the Mario sound though, because it's subtle - it doesn't seem gimmicky/dumb.

Reactions: S3rkie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->