GDT: Sensies @ Shorks | This is a GDT Edition | Sat Mar 9 2024, 7PM | SN1, City, TVAS

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
It's kind of wild, we played real well against the leafs, and had some excellent games against Dallas, NYR, and VGK, but we also come up flat against SJ and Chi. The skill is there, they can play a disciplined game and beat good teams, it's the will to do it consistently that's lacking. That and the goaltending.

Maybe the good teams play down to us?

Reactions: LiseL

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I run a website and rely on ads for income but this site is the reason people install ad.blockers and ruin it for everyone. Is borderline abuse the amount of ads on here. Greedy also because the site am.sure it makes decent money if not I am going to buy it and change the dam ad.system and make a fortune.You don't need all.these pop up intrusive ads to make a killing. This is just mismanagement or bad advice , actually both! It always seems to be getting worse also. You can barely read comments on mobile.

It's always the same ads too. Right now I'm getting a Volkswagen Atlas ad in between each post. So if I scroll up or down, I see 28 blue Volkswagen Atlas in a row.

Annoying to say the least. Surely they can tone this down.

This website is like a European hockey teams jersey right now.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Maybe the good teams play down to us?
Sure, maybe to a point, but we aren't going to be the only team they do that with, and in the end, it's not hard to see the difference between us playing well structured hockey against a great team that just isn't having its best game, and us playing the same way we usually do, and a great team playing brutally.

The reality is there are some very talented players on this team, it's easy to see when you watch the team over a full seasson, they have the skill set to play with good teams, they just need to have the discipline to do so with consistency.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Why did kubalik play so much NOW? After the trade deadline. He looked good. Maybe if they’d played him like that for a few games before he could have scored a couple points and got a bit of interest.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I use the DuckDuckGo app exclusively for browsing this site. I like supporting them especially for this reason.

There are no ads on HF Boards at all, not one, ever. I use my regular browser for everything else.

Honestly, we really don’t have to deal with pop up ads if we don’t want to.

Also, that game was rough, but I understand that this season is a huge disappointment for everyone. I would prefer they finish lower, knowing that there are going to be big changes in the off season.

This summer is the grand opening of the new ownership. They know they have to make it count, I’m on my last thread of hope.

Reactions: Adrianopolous

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I understand the people wanting a higher draft pick but the problem I have with finishing at the bottom of the standings again is that Brady, Stutzle, Bath, Sandy and G are all on the roster and can’t win games. Isn’t it a better thing for us if those players are good enough to win games? If they tank that means we have a garbage core locked down and their trade value also tanks.

Reactions: Adrianopolous

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
But you just know sens will be drafting 6th or 7th
Or 4th. Dropping a spot seems as likely as moving up a couple of places.

Another one goal game for the Senators and another loss. That seems to happen with some frequency. I blame Korpisalo, and he is going to have to score more goals for us to win games.

• Haha
Reactions: LiseL

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
If they finish the season on a winning streak all my concerns wont be calmed either though We've seen examples of teams that looked good but had a bad year and then came back.

It takes a long time to accumulate the right roster. We arent far off. There will be time over the next couple of years to restructure and continue growing. We have to get a bit lucky too.

The saying isnt- if at first you dont succeed - give up.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I use the DuckDuckGo app exclusively for browsing this site. I like supporting them especially for this reason.

There are no ads on HF Boards at all, not one, ever. I use my regular browser for everything else.

Honestly, we really don’t have to deal with pop up ads if we don’t want to.

Also, that game was rough, but I understand that this season is a huge disappointment for everyone. I would prefer they finish lower, knowing that there are going to be big changes in the off season.

This summer is the grand opening of the new ownership. They know they have to make it count, I’m on my last thread of hope.
I use Brave browser. Recommended

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Time to see what the prospects in the top-5 this year look like.

They look so dejected right now might not even go on the classic end of season run to ruin their draft position.

This seasons iteration is the most frustrating I have ever seen. So predictable in their ability to find ways to lose.

They don't have an identity. They don't play hard consistently. They fold under adversity. They stop playing the right way when they get a lead. Seem to think they are star players when they have never been out of the basement.

Top-end guys have underperformed. Depth is still not very good. Goaltending has been a huge issue as well.

This offseason is massive. Going to be a lot of work for the front office. The season being a total failure may be a blessing in disguise though.

Injecting a high-end prospect into the system is sorely needed.

There is no illusion that this group might have what it takes to be a cup contender. Staois and company will have the freedom to overhaul the roster and attempt to foster an identity.

The current pieces just don't fit together. Actual roster management is needed rather than grabbing the newest shiny thing at the expense of a solid foundation.

The players also need to buckle down this offseason and go to work. Obviously their skill alone is not going to get them to the playoffs. Maybe this embarrassing season will give some a nudge to up their conditioning routines.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Time to see what the prospects in the top-5 this year look like.

They look so dejected right now might not even go on the classic end of season run to ruin their draft position.

This seasons iteration is the most frustrating I have ever seen. So predictable in their ability to find ways to lose.

They don't have an identity. They don't play hard consistently. They fold under adversity. They stop playing the right way when they get a lead. Seem to think they are star players when they have never been out of the basement.

Top-end guys have underperformed. Depth is still not very good. Goaltending has been a huge issue as well.

This offseason is massive. Going to be a lot of work for the front office. The season being a total failure may be a blessing in disguise though.

Injecting a high-end prospect into the system is sorely needed.

There is no illusion that this group might have what it takes to be a cup contender. Staois and company will have the freedom to overhaul the roster and attempt to foster an identity.

The current pieces just don't fit together. Actual roster management is needed rather than grabbing the newest shiny thing at the expense of a solid foundation.

The players also need to buckle down this offseason and go to work. Obviously their skill alone is not going to get them to the playoffs. Maybe this embarrassing season will give some a nudge to up their conditioning routines.
New coach will be critical in terms of how this team takes this next step. Lots of changes to the roster are likely, but how they spend their summer, how they head into camp, and how they play next season is going to come down to that next hire.

Super critical.

Reactions: Dionysus

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
New coach will be critical in terms of how this team takes this next step. Lots of changes to the roster are likely, but how they spend their summer, how they head into camp, and how they play next season is going to come down to that next hire.

Super critical.

Agreed. There are many factors that are all going to need to be nailed for the Sens to take a step next season.

Coaching
Roster Construction
Drafting
Player Commitment

Will be critical.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
As is written (in Bob McKenzie's Draft Rankings).
And then someone will ask him about it during an intermission interview, and he'll be all "I'm not who they say I am!"

And I'll be all "the Mahdi is too humble to say he is the Mahdi!"

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
I use Brave browser. Recommended
I use Opera browser which has a built-in ad/tracking blocker that you can enable/disable for all sites or apply to some sites. I use it here. Periodically I get a window that I have an ad blocker so I have to click on Continue button. Much better than all those ads that slow my laptop down to a crawl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad