Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Yotes - 1/10/2015 - Howling at the Moon Edition

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Pageau is a legit top 9 forward. He'll start puttin up some points if he's given more time. He made a bunch of nice reads/backdoor looks tonight.

Gives the team some really good options. At this point he's significantly better than Lazar (no slight on Curtis).
It will be hard to send him down when Neil and/or Smith return. Wonder what they'll do then?

BigBush*

Pageau is a legit top 9 forward. He'll start puttin up some points if he's given more time. He made a bunch of nice reads/backdoor looks tonight.

Gives the team some really good options. At this point he's significantly better than Lazar (no slight on Curtis).

This isnt true at all. I didnt watch tonights game, but Lazar and Pageau have been very comparable. Neither is significantly better than the other at the moment

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
This isnt true at all. I didnt watch tonights game, but Lazar and Pageau have been very comparable. Neither is significantly better than the other at the moment

In the last 5 games Pageau has been the best PKer. He's also created more chances than Lazar ever has. He's been better.

He's also 2 years older so it's not like he will always be better; but he is right now. It's not really close.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
It will be hard to send him down when Neil and/or Smith return. Wonder what they'll do then?

I hope they keep Neil and trade Smith.

Neil still makes a contribution to the team and veteran players are important.

I like Smith, but his game has dropped off. It is better for this team going forward to have Turris, Zibanejad, Lazar, and Pageau in the line up.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Ottawa best bet is to let Smith and Neil play and send Pageau down

When the deadline comes if we are still far out then wait for teams to get desperate and move a guy like Smith/Condra/vets and THEN bring up Pageau and/or other young forwards

no point in making a rush move now with half the season to go unless it is a solid offer

BigBush*

In the last 5 games Pageau has been the best PKer. He's also created more chances than Lazar ever has. He's been better.

He's also 2 years older so it's not like he will always be better; but he is right now. It's not really close.

I definitely agree that Pageau is a better PKer, Im not sure if I'd say hes created more chances than Lazar ever has. If so, Pageau has done a terrible job of finishing.

Im glad Lazar can transition his game to the wing so both can stay in the line up

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011

Maybe not significantly, but I do think, at this point in time, Pageau is the better player. I might use 'much' to describe their offensive contributions, as in Pageau is 'much' better offensively. He creates more and is willing to shoot (even if it means pissing off EK.... lulz). Lazar turned down a shot in the slot last night to dish to a covered Condra... you can't do that.

BigBush*

Pageau is currently a valuable player while Lazar is just there

Pageau is much better

Both are valuable players despite really struggling offensively.

Unfortunately Pageau hasnt been able to bring the offense and be opportunistic like he was in the 2013 playoffs. Really hoping he can find that part of his game again

BigBush*

They might both be struggling to produce but Pageau is actively helping the team while Lazar is isn't

How can you say that though? Lazar played well for the most part before getting sent to the world juniors, and for a while was centering our best line between Hoffman and Stone.

Push540

Oct 11, 2011
How can you say that though? Lazar played well for the most part before getting sent to the world juniors, and for a while was centering our best line between Hoffman and Stone.

1 goal and 6 assists in 27 games for Lazar. Stats are one thing but he also wasn't doing much for the Sens. If he was, they would have kept him on the team. He needed to go and get a spark.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Same solid effort as the game against Colorado, very different result. Goes to show how much difference a few bounces and a good goalie can make.

Word. I found that the games we lost was due to goalie playing amazing vs us(philly and CLB) or cause the other team just flat out better and we cant match their top end depth(tampa).

But the team playing a very positive and straight forward system that they seem to be buying very well.

I can now understand management's concern for another offensive talent. Methot back to full strength and top liner or solid top 6 = possibly playoff run.

I'd give it 5 more games to fully judge if this team is consistent to the gameplan.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Pageau is not a legit top 9 forward. Not yet at least.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Pageau has 1 point in 11 games this year.

He has 7 points in 48 regular season games in the NHL.

He had 1 good play off series against MTL.

Only edge I see right now is confidence and face-off's. I see Lazar creating chances a lot of the time when he is on the ice. He's had a couple bad games this year, but that's to be expected from a 19 year old rookie.

He'll get stronger in the offseason and more confidence as the year progresses.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
1 goal and 6 assists in 27 games for Lazar. Stats are one thing but he also wasn't doing much for the Sens. If he was, they would have kept him on the team. He needed to go and get a spark.

Have you seen pageaus stats

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Pageau has 1 point in 11 games this year.

He has 7 points in 48 regular season games in the NHL.

He had 1 good play off series against MTL.

Only edge I see right now is confidence and face-off's. I see Lazar creating chances a lot of the time when he is on the ice. He's had a couple bad games this year, but that's to be expected from a 19 year old rookie.

He'll get stronger in the offseason and more confidence as the year progresses.

People forget that Pageau was matched up against Crosby in the Pittsburgh series and did very well. While he may not have put up a ton of points (1 in 5 games if I recall), he was frustrating Crosby nonstop, and his line had 60% of the on ice Goals for. Can't ask for much more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad