Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Yotes - 1/10/2015 - Howling at the Moon Edition

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah. Not gonna lie, I want to tank for a shot at McJesus but it's nice seeing the young players excel. Hard to watch games these days.

Just remember, any team finishing out of the playoffs gets a chance. Don't have to finish at the bottom.

Can still cheer for wins, while wishing for a sweet roll of luck at the lotto. :D

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Cowen played 15 min, lowest of all DMen

Third most ES toi though. He wasn't on any of the power plays, and we didn't get into penalty trouble.

Outside of chasing Boedker too aggressively on the first goal, he had a solid game.

Last edited:

Push540

Oct 11, 2011
Solid game.

Two powerplay goals.

Discuss.

That is just a blessing!

The yotes should be an easy win. What high school do they play for?

Zibanajad two points Yay!

Always nice to see him play well and gather points.

Besides that defensive breakdown on the first Coyotes goal, couldn't ask for a more perfect game honestly.

True, we floated up and down the ice well and as a unit for the most part. No team ever does this all game 100% but for us it was very nice to see.

Yup, this was the perfect road game on all fronts. Good defense, good offense and great goaltending by Andy.

Looks like his and Cameron's message of playing harder has gotten through to the team.

True about the game play but the real test if the "messages" got through will be against the Stars on Tuesday.

There was no reason to push Karlsson's icetime up when we're winning 4-1. Also, the Ceci-Cowen pair was solid tonight making it easy to spread the ice-time.
True, must feel sooo good to be able to rest players, trust players to do their jobs etc.

I hope the train is back on track, they looked very good tonight.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I was watching the Coyotes feed. Interesting that their commentators were talking about how Ottawa had an underrated D corps.

Methot back makes a huge difference.

Push540

Oct 11, 2011
Yeah. Not gonna lie, I want to tank for a shot at McJesus but it's nice seeing the young players excel. Hard to watch games these days.

There isn't enough time left in the season to tank and there are a couple of teams already digging their way to the earth's inner core.

Besides, there must be some sort of wording that won't allow teams to tank and then benefit. I imagine there is anyway.

dingbatz

Apr 20, 2013
2013/2014 PP minus PK Time: -79:13
2014/2015 PP minus PK Time: -3:52

Only halfway through the year, but that's a nice change.

bonehead

May 27, 2002
Visit site
I missed the game. How did Lazar play? How did Pageau look with Hoffman & Ryan?

Can anybody explain why Hoffman, our leading goal-scorer (and +/-) had the lowest ice-time? Even when I look at the even-strength splits - only Legwand, Stone and Michalek had similarly low ES time - it looks weird.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011

Can anybody explain why Hoffman, our leading goal-scorer (and +/-) had the lowest ice-time? Even when I look at the even-strength splits - only Legwand, Stone and Michalek had similarly low ES time - it looks weird.

Lazar played well enough, still acts like a girl in a middle school gym class - like he's not allowed to score.

Pageau looked right at home between Hoff and Ryan. Skated well, hard on the puck, drew a penalty.

Hoffman doesn't play special teams, and he never gets any bonus ice being the second center for defensive draws.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
I just don't get why you wouldn't have a guy that dangerous on the ice more often. He honestly could have had a hat trick tonight.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I just don't get why you wouldn't have a guy that dangerous on the ice more often. He honestly could have had a hat trick tonight.

Well you can't really fault the coach for not playing him on the PP this game considering our new found success on it.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Yeah, that is truly an enigma. MacLean now Cameron just don't want to hand him more toi. Perhaps they know something we don't, but to me it seems he could easily get at least a few extra minutes.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah, that is truly an enigma. MacLean now Cameron just don't want to hand him more toi. Perhaps they know something we don't, but to me it seems he could easily get at least a few extra minutes.

Maybe keeping him hungry? You know, you don't get many shifts, so every shift counts?

Or maybe the guy has slow recovery time between shifts?

I dunno.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Well you can't really fault the coach for not playing him on the PP this game considering our new found success on it.

I don't mean this game specifically. I mean overall this season. You think games where we are down by a couple goals you toss him out there every chance you get. Only a handful of guys who have less TOI/game this season than hoffman.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Missed the game due to personnal reasons. I am glad to read Karlsson did good AGAIN.

Makes it over 10 games in a row where he's playing, safe, better hockey! With Methot back it's only going to get better. I thought he should have had 2 assists but oh well!

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

I think it's because Ryan ended up with 4 minutes of PP time, and Pageau with almost 3 minutes of PK time... you take that away and that line had around 9/10 minutes of ES time.

Even Turris only had like 12 minutes of ES time. I think Cameron's rolling 4 lines right now ES, and then it's just how the PK/PP situation plays out that influences which lines are playing more and less.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Maybe keeping him hungry? You know, you don't get many shifts, so every shift counts?

Or maybe the guy has slow recovery time between shifts?

I dunno.

lol if Melynk doesn't want him getting too many goals before he signs a new contract.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Same solid effort as the game against Colorado, very different result. Goes to show how much difference a few bounces and a good goalie can make.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
with Methot, i think the defense can be really solid in the coming years

Yup.

It's unbelievable the difference Methot makes. Karlsson looked like a diff player. Not required to be excellent defensive to cover for 2 and be forced to take even more risks than he normally does.

The team played the perfect road game today.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Pageau is a legit top 9 forward. He'll start puttin up some points if he's given more time. He made a bunch of nice reads/backdoor looks tonight.

Gives the team some really good options. At this point he's significantly better than Lazar (no slight on Curtis).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad