Post-Game Talk: Sens @ Yotes - 1/10/2015 - Howling at the Moon Edition

BigBush*

I can say that because I quoted someone who was talking about Lazar and I responded about Lazar.

You quoted me, and I was taking about what Lazar and Pageau bring to the table are very comparable, one is not much better than the other right now

Push540

Oct 11, 2011
Well!! I thought we were All talking lazar v pageau here

The guy I quoted only had a part about Lazar playing well, which he wasn't before the WJC.

You quoted me, and I was taking about what Lazar and Pageau bring to the table are very comparable, one is not much better than the other right now

The post I quoted from you just had one point about Lazar, so that's what I responded to.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
1 goal and 6 assists in 27 games for Lazar. Stats are one thing but he also wasn't doing much for the Sens. If he was, they would have kept him on the team. He needed to go and get a spark.

I tend to agree with you on this. Pageau is a player, like others have stated, that plays like he has a ton of confidence. He is also very strong for his size. Lazar has been playing well on most nights he's played but he doesn't create as many chances as Pageau does. That is probably a result of experience( year ago and playoffs) and confidence at the NHL level that we've seen from Pageau. Lazar seems to:

A) Either being asked to concentrate mostly on defense.

B) lacks confidence in order to create more chances and converting them.

Lazar does good things on the ice and at one point he's going to start putting up some points more regularly. For now he does what he needs to do in order to deserve a spot on the team, he plays solid defense.

Edit: and he also looked better since coming back.

Push540

Oct 11, 2011
I tend to agree with you on this. Pageau is a player, like others have stated, that plays like he has a ton of confidence. He is also very strong for his size. Lazar has been playing well on most nights he's played but he doesn't create as many chances as Pageau does. That is probably a result of experience( year ago and playoffs) and confidence at the NHL level that we've seen from Pageau. Lazar seems to:

A) Either being asked to concentrate mostly on defense.

B) lacks confidence in order to create more chances and converting them.

Lazar does good things on the ice and at one point he's going to start putting up some points more regularly. For now he does what he needs to do in order to deserve a spot on the team, he plays solid defense.

Edit: and he also looked better since coming back.

Pumping up the ego of a young hockey player usually pays off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad