Weekes: Sens working to extend DeBrincat

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
He's a quality first liner a consistent goal scorer. I think we had all safely assumed that Ottawa was trying to extend him. Why wouldn't they be?

I hope they make a deal, because Ottawa is becoming a favourite with all their smart moves lately.

Reactions: Sweetpotato

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
He's a quality first liner a consistent goal scorer. I think we had all safely assumed that Ottawa was trying to extend him. Why wouldn't they be?

I hope they make a deal, because Ottawa is becoming a favourite with all their smart moves lately.
I think the relevant update is that Debrincat had previously made a comment about wanting to settle in before making a commitment, considering he has a young family, etc.

If they are making headway right now, it’s likely because Debrincat has gone ahead and opened the door to contract talks.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Gotta think $8 mil per at minimum?
Ottawa is gonna lock into this core for long term, better hope it finds some success.
I’ll say close to 9 right now, and that becomes 10 if he puts up 40 again. He could also walk to UFA and be one of the biggest beneficiaries of the higher cap, really depends on how he feels about the risk.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa has made some really solid moves. They aren't contenders yet, maybe not even a playoff team, but they have a DEEP system. Like ridiculously deep. They have the capital to be contenders. Pun intended.

I’ll say close to 9 right now, and that becomes 10 if he puts up 40 again. He could also walk to UFA and be one of the biggest beneficiaries of the higher cap, really depends on how he feels about the risk.
Agreed. I think we're talking 9M +/- 500K.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
This would be a pretty incredible accomplishment, but I suspect Debrincat is having an awesome time so far. He has clicked really nicely with a bunch of guys and I am guessing he is surprised and impressed by the talent on the roster.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
this is the first year without Kane, no? Interesting for Ottawa to be pursuing this, this early.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: