Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
That 2nd period was a thing of beauty. Dominated Leafs while being up 3-0

upload_2021-10-15_9-27-49.png

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I watched the replay again of the late call. Tavares got his stick up in the glove area. His stick was parallel to the ice. That’s a penalty every time. SMH

Tavares, Keefe sound off on 'brutal' late call — TSN

I love how "missed" calls to the Leafs end up as headlines on TSN.

Usually this leads to a story about how (insert issue facing the Leafs) is now a "league-wide problem".

I wish they'd show the Shaw and Zub "hooks" again.

I even prophetically posted on the main board GDT about how these marginal hooks (given early in the game to the Senators) would end up making people mad in the end.

GDT: - HFBoards GDT | 10/14/2021 - 9 Games today

In any event, it's always excuses with that bunch. They should take a page from Jason Spezza and worry about their own business.

Last edited:

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I love how "missed" calls to the Leafs end up as headlines on TSN.

Usually this leads to a story about how (insert issue facing the Leafs) is now a "league-wide problem".

I wish they'd show the Shaw and Zub "hooks" again.

I even prophetically posted on the main board GDT about how these marginal hooks (given early in the game to the Senators) would end up making people mad in the end.

GDT: - HFBoards GDT | 10/14/2021 - 9 Games today

In any event, it's always excuses with that bunch. They should take a page from Jason Spezza and worry about their own business.
Or the dozen or so pick plays their defense was doing to slow our forwards in the O zone

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
That 2nd period was a thing of beauty. Dominated Leafs while being up 3-0

View attachment 470759

It look like the Sens dominated physically for good portions of the game & were very hard to paly against throughout exactly as advertised. Both these things will be much improved with Brady in the lineup & these things lead to wins.

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
Great first game back with fans, Pinto and Chabot was the standouts for me.. also thought Norris got a bit careless with the puck at times but growing pains i guess.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Really hope our guys are reading this BS out of Toronto and beat them again on Sat...Totally missing the bad/non calls against us in the 2nd when we could have pumped in 3 more

Reactions: Bileur

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Why was Sanford making us hate him? Nice game!

Parker Kelly, gotta say Dorion nailed this one.

Big line started slowly, but once rolling, man, exciting.

Holden is really good, another great find.

Paul and Brown had me worried...why worry? Great games and Pinto is going to be a phenomenal player for a long time. Pierre McGuire must be drooling.

Contract year for Tierney!

Defense, I mean 48 shots is never good, but they came in devastating sequences, or else long stretches of the game were very good defensively. Zub was amazing and clearly, the rest of the gang had all-star goaltending, but things will tighten up Saturday

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
I watched the replay again of the late call. Tavares got his stick up in the glove area. His stick was parallel to the ice. That’s a penalty every time. SMH

Tavares, Keefe sound off on 'brutal' late call — TSN

The call on Tierney that led to the 2nd leafs goal was stupid too. Bunting is getting into it with Formenton, Tierney throws him down. Could have easily been a « play on » or a dive. Just sour grapes.

Honestly I’m surprised they have pulled the « publicly throw officials under the bus » card this early. Sometimes it’s egregious and you have to do it, but it’s not a card you want to play often as it can backfire.

Schaefer embarrassing the refs with the white flag seemed to have hurt the sens in terms of getting calls for years.

Last edited:

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Long memories.

Dorion looks to be filling the roster with players that have this kind of drive when the going gets tough.

It’s an interesting strategy to assemble a team that is built not to get to the playoffs, but to win in the playoffs.

Mission accomplished the last few years :D (but I know what you meant)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad