News: Sens will not bring back Chris Neil

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Shawn Thornton replacement in Florida ?? Tallon says same thing to him "expect to play 20 games on 1.3 mil deal or something". Could play up to 30-40 games dependent on injs or other concerns in lineup.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If Neil decided to go another year, there definitely will be suitors.

Boll, Mcleod, Glass, Haley, Reaves, Hendricks, Engelland, Deslauriers, Prout etc.... all still have jobs and gets regular min, I dotn see why Neil wouldn't.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
If Neil decided to go another year, there definitely will be suitors.

Boll, Mcleod, Glass, Haley, Reaves, Hendricks, Engelland, Deslauriers, Prout etc.... all still have jobs and gets regular min, I dotn see why Neil wouldn't.

Because he's 37 and not that good anymore.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
All the best Neiler. Nothing but a class A warrior.

As an outsider fan some of us will disagree. A warrior, yes. One of the best enforcer who put himself out there for his team mates without being a liability.

Class? yeah I'll hold my tongue

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I hate to see Neil in another uniform, but, I can't see room for him on this roster next year. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get the contract he's looking for, but, with Vegas coming in, I can see teams having a bit more space for an extra forward for an experiment like this.

He had a great, emotional last game in a Sens uniform. While I would like that to be the last Chris Neil hockey memory, you can't fault a guy for looking for a way to get an additional year if that is what he wants.

I think he'll take any job he can get, but, I think he'd prefer to go to an environment where there's at least one familiar face from the past.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Good on Neil ...hopefully catches on to a contender and has a chance to win the cup. But father time has passed him by.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
I am most likely one of the biggest Chris Neil fan still out there... the guys is close to done... still have some leadership and some banging power but that's pretty much it

Wish him the best but it wont be in OTT

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Great role playing guy. He had a ton of good years with Ottawa. I cant really see him being signed anywhere to play in the NHL, maybe the AHL or he heads to Europe if he is not done playing yet.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
While I am not sure he can land a job, people forget that 23 new NHL jobs open up next fall. He could sign with LVK and be a role player and leader.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Hang'em up, Neiler! You're beauty!

He is possibly the biggest Sens fan there is, too.

I thought he was retiring after this season :dunno:

Thought so too, but he made some comment during the playoffs that sounded like he hadn't settled on that yet.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
There are lots of old school GMs still in the league who appreciate toughness and even though fighting is fading from the game, there's still lots of GMs and coaches who see value in having someone on the roster who throws big hits and can drop the gloves when the need arises.

I do think he will get a contract, but I will also be surprised if he suits up for more than 35 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad