Post-Game Talk: Sens vs Wings April 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Disagree. Methot is important, but not more so than Pageau. We can afford to let Methot go. He's not getting any younger. It's not that hard to look good when you play with Karlsson. Ceci and Phaneuf have been playing far harder minutes than Methot, even more PK time than Methot. Even Kuba looked good with Karlsson. Claesson has looked good, Chabot is coming up soon... I feel like we missed Ceci more than Methot tonight.

I still stand by Kuba as being one of the most underrated defencemen we've ever had.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Detroit's first 2 goals are unacceptable ....

He did gave us many chance to win it after but damn this is painful to watch

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Have to do something to drop the shootout. Maybe 4 on 4 for 10 minutes, then 3 on 3? No way the OT lasts longer than 15 minutes by that way.

Even if you do 20 mins sudden death 3 on 3. How many games get past that? I'd bet under 10%.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Have to do something to drop the shootout. Maybe 4 on 4 for 10 minutes, then 3 on 3? No way the OT lasts longer than 15 minutes by that way.

They won't drop the shootout entirely, but the OT format could change at some point so we see less shootouts.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yikes, are you sure you want to put that out there?

To be fair, the hole Alfie left was to some degree filled (with MacArthur and Ryan), the hole Gonchar left remained for years (even though he regressed to the point of not being able to fill it himself).

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Personally, I'd say Gonchar was. His loss was greater than Alfie's IMO in the 2013 offseason.

Gooch was good, especially in that bounce back season after he was beyond awful. As for Kuba, injuries always derailed him, but he had some amazing numbers in his shortened seasons. Good disher and PP guy, and always went unnoticed when he was playing at his best.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
To be fair, the hole Alfie left was to some degree filled (with MacArthur and Ryan), the hole Gonchar left remained for years (even though he regressed to the point of not being able to fill it himself).

Heck it only got filled with the Dion trade

Yourkeyparka

Oct 15, 2010
Okay - tomorrow is a BIG game...i'm getting a ticket and going to cheer harder than I ever have before. We had better give them a massive boost tomorrow night. Now is the time to support them. Karlsson alone deserves a massive salute for what he's done for us and coming back injured. I hope we can blow the roof off the CTC. Now is the time to be the 6th PLAYER- GO SENS GO ! :yo::handclap::yo::handclap::yo::handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad