Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What a game from Karlsson.

One of the finest I've seen from him.

Trying to create something out of nothing virtually every shift.

Lundmark17

Mar 3, 2004
I really don't want to put silver linings on this loss but I'm happy with the point considering they were down 4-2 in the third. Put to have some of those goals go in on Andy and to have all those chances in overtime it's frustrating to not pick up two points.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
Ryan's good for one thing and we wasn't on the bench for the shootout. That sucks.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
They battled back.

Now they have to win in regulation tomorrow.

And then keep winning until the playoffs.

Gil Gunderson said:
If we lose tomorrow we better not hear about the "first game back from a road trip" excuse.

I don't think it's a factor here.

Yourkeyparka

Oct 15, 2010
Baby steps. Best Sens tonite - Karlsson - Turris - Hoffman - Brassard - Stone - Burrows - Stalberg. Like the play of Harpur and Claesson - they are already ahead of Boro. True dat - take the point and run.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Aveuglette said:
You can tell Boucher was actually coaching to win it in OT for once knowing full well that the SO was likely to go Detroit's way. He should do this every time but he plays it much much too safe.

I think it has a lot to do with being on the road.

He doesn't bother with match-ups and just throws out his best guys.

You didn't see Pyatt and Pageau out there to try and neutralize anyone.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Seconded.

We needed the two points. It was right there for the taking but we failed to finish once again. I don't understand how anyone can be satisfied with a loser point right now.

Yeah I agree. We needed that second point.

I am encouraged that they played like they cared in the 3rd and actually pushed in the OT.

Still disappointing but somewhat encouraging to see.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
It's depressing that we're on our 3rd coach who's oblivious when it comes to identifying talent, watching Claesson play it's mind blowing Boro has priority over him in the lineup. Kelly over Dzingel? I like Boucher alot but he needs a wakeup call

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I honestly don't know what I want in that game. I'd have zero interest in watching us play the Caps.

At this point no reason to not at least try for the playoffs regardless of who we play.

9th place is the ****ing worst. I'm all playoffs... at least you have a 0.1% chance to win if you play in the playoffs. Better than absolutely no chance.

If we were going to not go for playoffs, we shouldn't have kept winning until 2 weeks ago.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I think it has a lot to do with being on the road.

He doesn't bother with match-ups and just throws out his best guys.

You didn't see Pyatt and Pageau out there to try and neutralize anyone.

I beg to differ.

He's been coaching not to lose in OT for a long while now. He only changed his approach because of Detroit's 8-0 SO record(9-0 now of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad