Post-Game Talk: Sens vs Wings April 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Regulations n play swung on 3 goofy goals from behind the net and some point shots.

OT was insanely entertaining.

Karlsson and Stonnenand Turks looked great. Our d is huge with Claesson and Harpur.

HUGE was once a good thing, but MOBILE PUCK MOVERS are better. We had huge with a Cowen, Wiercioch and Gryba.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
make it continuous 4 on 4 OT perhaps?

I think the reason that OT is limited before the SO is to reduce the time it will take to get a goal to end the game. TV networks want fixed times for programming so variable timeframes are a problem for them.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I think the reason that OT is limited before the SO is to reduce the time it will take to get a goal to end the game. TV networks want fixed times for programming so variable timeframes are a problem for them.
Not only that, let's say a team is playing the next day and we are in what would be a fourth overtime.. it is now 1 Am in the morning and you have to fly to the next city. Team would simply say, **** it, we take the 1 points. We have have to keep energy for tomorrow.

It's different than the playoff because you need 4 wins and the team you face will be the same in 2 days.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
HUGE was once a good thing, but MOBILE PUCK MOVERS are better. We had huge with a Cowen, Wiercioch and Gryba.

Harpur looks like he has the potential to move the puck, he showed more passing potential last night than Boro has ever shown.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Not only that, let's say a team is playing the next day and we are in what would be a fourth overtime.. it is now 1 Am in the morning and you have to fly to the next city. Team would simply say, **** it, we take the 1 points. We have have to keep energy for tomorrow.

It's different than the playoff because you need 4 wins and the team you face will be the same in 2 days.

Yes, another good reason. I could agree with 3 on 3 in playoffs after say 1 complete OT period of 20 minutes.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
IMO the best format would be simply 10 minutes of 3-on-3. If both teams suck so much they can't score 3-on-3 then both get OTL and 1 point. To hell the shootout.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I think it's too draining on the players for the regular season.

It is and it is not. IMO.

If you play Karlsson every two shift, he's going to be drained.. That for sure.

But if it was to go for 10 min. You would see more duo than 3 for the forward and they would be forced to use almost all defenceman.

The strategy would be different, imo. I think some team would be more passive because they would have 10 minutes to score..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad