GDT: Sens vs. Sabres | SEASON OPENER! | 7:00p.m. EST | SNET East, TVA, MSG-B

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
That's pretty much how he played in Colorado the season he was dealt to Ottawa lol. How he played in the pre-season was how he was in Colorado that year, hence why the Avs fans don't like him lol

Well, Avs fans can blame they nimrods they have in their front office by playing hardball with their franchise goalie and putting him in a bad mood when they had no plan B.

Their loss, our absolute gain. Even if Andy goes all Tim Thomas, we got Lehner ready and able.

Man I love our goaltending...

John Holmes*

He had room, he should have skated it past the red line.

Its not really a debatable issue.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Wow, I was reading this whole thread after the game and the pessimism in this board is really brutal... I couldn't believe what I was reading. Literally these were among the very few actual positive posts I seen posted

I think he's been looking good.

He's undressed a few guys cleanly already.

Let's be fair here, they looked really good in the 1st, fell sleep for the first 15 minutes of the second, and then came back with some energy for the last 5 minutes.

Overall, in terms of their play, they have been rusty but good, and Andy has been sharp.

Lots to be optimistic about IMHO.

There will be much uglier Sens hockey over the course of the season.

I disagree, i think he's looked great!

Very well said, Ottawa played a really good game, not great but really good. We hit a post, had 2-3 breakaways, several 2on1's our shot selection wasn't the best but Ottawa had the better puck possession. Miller was just unbelievable positionally making it look like every shot was literally chest. Really square to the shooter.

Karlsson was brilliant. I don't know what else you guys were expecting of him... No defensive mistakes and if he made a couple he didn't even need Anderson to bail him out as he was the one to cover for it single-handedly, he held the line beautifully, made terrific passes, rushed up the ice with ease etc...

Our Bottom 6 has been invisible tonight.

5 shots between the 6 of them.

Are you kidding me? Pageau line was arguably our best(That or 2nd line) They have the best pressure on offensive zone more than almost any line.

Our 4th line got so much better as game went on. Our 4th line was better than our first at actually keeping the puck in offensive zone.

Worst game by far i've seen so far this short season. Unorganized as hell.
I switch over to det-car and it's like a different league

Lmao.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Well, Avs fans can blame they nimrods they have in their front office by playing hardball with their franchise goalie and putting him in a bad mood when they had no plan B.

Their loss, our absolute gain. Even if Andy goes all Tim Thomas, we got Lehner ready and able.

Man I love our goaltending...

I'm over the moon with how it turned out, it just happened that my roommate that year was an Avs fan so I got to see a lot of that Craig Anderson, so I was a bit nervous aha.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I pretty much wrote off the comments saying that the Leafs may have misused MacArthur, but after seeing his performance tonight I'm thinking they may have been onto something.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Keep the optimism flowing, boys. We just seen one of the best goaltending battles in the regular season in a long time and we came away with 2 points.

Buffalo was actually horrible, Miller flattered the score. We let too many shots but the scoring chances we had compared to them was large difference.

Also, as bad as Gryba was tonight, I rather have him than Corvo. Remember that Gryba started playing at camp and pre-season at the very end. He has just as much rust as anyone out there.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Agreed.

Turris locked up at $3.5/year until the end of the 2017-18 season makes the Bozak contract (and almost any other 2nd line center contract signed recently) look like a steaming pile of guano.

By the time we get to the end of that contract, it's going to look like grand theft larceny.

...And he'll be pissed and be looking to make up for the bargain. 9mil per

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
How many times have we seen a player playing it simple instead of shooting for ENG and the other team recovers the puck and ties a game? Lots of times. It was a good risk to take.

No hockey coach would ever condone that play. They would all tell you to gain the blue line, then go for the ENG, or play keep away with the puck to kill off precious time.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I'm sorry, but if our team plays like that every night, we will be missing out on the playoffs.

Offensively, yes we created chances. But on the whole things were sloppy, and the accuracy was off. Defensively, we were a complete mess. Goaltending was phenomenal. And frankly, this is for both teams, all of it.

The Sens need to tighten up defensively, and speed up. Then things will be better. But IMO, this is a good wake up call.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Condra = 5 on 5 machine.

He was brilliant tonight.

Someone who isn't getting enough love is Greening.

I LOVEDD his game tonight. I thought one of the best Sens. He used his speed and body almost better than I've ever seen him play. He made some disgusting stick-checks and kept the puck in while we were facing potential odd-man rush against. He also made that terrific pass to Condra who was robbed.

Phenomenal game by that line altogether, Pageau was actually the worst of the 3 and that is by no means an insult.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
i love buffalo. should have never even gotten a team, but easily my favorite fanbase in the league. The only barn in the league that I'm actually afraid to wear my sens jersey in.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009

I've watched parts of every game so far. This had the most sloppy unrefined play. I know it's game 1, but it was the worst game 1 i've seen.

They got better as the game went on though. Just hope they are ready for tomorrow. Goaltending was unbelievable and that made it exciting

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I'm sorry, but if our team plays like that every night, we will be missing out on the playoffs.

Offensively, yes we created chances. But on the whole things were sloppy, and the accuracy was off. Defensively, we were a complete mess. Goaltending was phenomenal. And frankly, this is for both teams, all of it.

The Sens need to tighten up defensively, and speed up. Then things will be better. But IMO, this is a good wake up call.

Very true.

Hope the sloppiness and general laziness was just due to it being the first game of the season, because if that lasts far into the season we'll be climbing uphill trying to make the playoffs.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I've watched parts of every game so far. This had the most sloppy unrefined play. I know it's game 1, but it was the worst game 1 i've seen.

They got better as the game went on though. Just hope they are ready for tomorrow. Goaltending was unbelievable and that made it exciting

If Miller didn't play like he was Man of Steel and Condra scored on that backdoorplay and MacArthur scored the breakaway this board would have been singing jingle bells already.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
It's gonna take Ryan a few games to acclimatize to the pace of game the Sens play I think. Goin from a bit of a banger of a team to a puck possession, go-go-go team will take some time.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
If Miller didn't play like he was Man of Steel and Condra scored on that backdoorplay and MacArthur scored the breakaway this board would have been singing jingle bells already.

Using this logic, if Anderson didn't make a couple of his amazing saves, it's a tie game.

It was even until the last minute of the game.

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009

If, if, if. Overall there were way too many mistakes. I'm confident they will clean them up, but to say this was a well played game is just wrong. Tomorrow will be a different type of game and a new test. Little bit better each day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad