Sens vs Sabres - 2pm ET

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
we're going to get wrecked then. :(

I'm thinking they start him against Tampa because he played his first NHL games when he was with them in 2008 so it might nice for him to play against them.

Also I kinda get playing Anderson against Buffalo because first he played really well last game and also I think they'd rather put it all on this game against Buffalo and get a win rather than putting Mckenna in this one and then losing against Tampa no matter what.

Mckenna has a .889 save % in 24 NHL games.

Reactions: sens13

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
So Jaros, Ceci, Burgdorfer, Wideman and Demelo all in as RD? I wonder if a team in NHL history has had 5 right shooters and 2 left shooters in the lineup on D. Thatd be a weird trivia answer.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So Jaros, Ceci, Burgdorfer, Wideman and Demelo all in as RD? I wonder if a team in NHL history has had 5 right shooters and 2 left shooters in the lineup on D. Thatd be a weird trivia answer.

I guess they really didn't like Wolanin's 1 game appearance .. Going with 5 righties , 2 lefties over 4 and 3. IMO its a lot harder to make the adjustment on D to your off side than on the wing. I would have kept Wolanin up based on his body of work from last year.

Reactions: solidprospect

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

They were talking about that on TSN 1200 it's pretty rare.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
QlSTkOL.gif
He’s not going to play anyway. We’re going with 7 d. Gotta see what burgdoerfer can bring

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
He’s not going to play anyway. We’re going with 7 d. Gotta see what burgdoerfer can bring

I do not know why they call up Burgdoerfer either. From what I have seen of him (albeit just a few games) he looked like crap

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I guess they really didn't like Wolanin's 1 game appearance .. Going with 5 righties , 2 lefties over 4 and 3. IMO its a lot harder to make the adjustment on D to your off side than on the wing. I would have kept Wolanin up based on his body of work from last year.

I agree....off side D is very tough to play

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Ugh. Pominville tribute. And "scary good". I think I'll go do something else for 10 minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad