Pre-Game Talk: SENS vs Leafs tonight ons SportsNet

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Gotta give Lajoie Chlapik and Balcers one more full year in the AHL. Or at least half a season more. it will do them wonders. Please don't rush them. We did it for Stone we can do it for them.

One more season or half season in the A por favor.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
You feel like AHL or London is best bet for Tkachuk even though he's probably better than every one of our bottom 6 guys already and even Boedker lol.

I'd give him 9 games fosho.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
You feel like AHL or London is best bet for Tkachuk even though he's probably better than every one of our bottom 6 guys already and even Boedker lol.

I'd give him 9 games fosho.

He could definitely play in the NHL this year and perform better than guys like Smith, Paajarvi and maybe Boedker, but the kid NEEDS to put on weight.

He was getting put on his ass almost every shift. Simply doesn't have the weight to match his height right now. His aggressive style of play combined with his lack of strength could result in injury, which would be no good for his development.

Another year in college would be perfect, but alas that ship has sailed. Next best thing would be London, but I think it's he's pretty much got a spot locked up at this point. Not because he's already played his way onto the team, rather because Melnyk will use him to boost ticket sales.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Jaros is a guy that is in desperate need of quality coaching. He is very toolsy [big, mobile, physical, adequate skills] but when it comes to positional play and making reads in the neutral/defensive zones he is super raw.

Hopefully the revamped staff in Belleville can help sort him out.

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
He could definitely play in the NHL this year and perform better than guys like Smith, Paajarvi and maybe Boedker, but the kid NEEDS to put on weight.

He was getting put on his ass almost every shift. Simply doesn't have the weight to match his height right now. His aggressive style of play combined with his lack of strength could result in injury, which would be no good for his development.

Another year in college would be perfect, but alas that ship has sailed. Next best thing would be London, but I think it's he's pretty much got a spot locked up at this point. Not because he's already played his way onto the team, rather because Melnyk will use him to boost ticket sales.
Tkachuk is probably the best player in camp in front of the net already but like you said he looks so weak. He needs time in the weight room and just actual time to grow into his frame. He looked like Bobby Ryan at times with how he was falling after contact.

He makes good subtle plays all around the ice. When they were saying he was 6'1, I scratched my head cause he looks maybe 6'4 out there but probably still 190.

I think he'll deserve a few games up with the big club but he should be sent to London to really round out that game and get bigger.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The fact that Dorion keeps watching Ceci play like we all are, and continues to be a "big fan", should be enough evidence that he's terrible at pro scouting, or outright hockey analysis.

Also, he has refused to trade him in the past when he could've actually gotten us a decent return, but has no problem getting rid of EK this year because he can "get us the best return"?

How f-ing dumb is that looking right now?

Then again, this is the man that believes Boro is the heart and soul of the Senators so who the hell knows what goes on in that brain of his.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Well said. Kid needs muscle to play his style of game.

And you're right. The team is going to market the hell out of him and shove him into the lineup way too early to get the average fan excited. I just hope we don't screw this up...but I have a feeling with his style of game, he's going to get "Cowen-ed" with injuries.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
You know it's pretty f***ing sad when the 20 year old 2nd year pro is out performing his 6th year partner on defense. One is expected to be on the top pairing in the NHL and the other in the AHL. I Ceci already that Ceci is already in mid season form.

There was one play where I was like oh wow he had the patience to outwait and did like a 360 to avoid a forechecker, it gave me a small glimpse of hope. Then he ruins his decent play by skating up the ice and over handling the puck to the point where he doesn't realize that he actually got time to put the puck into his forehand and make an accurate pass, except he lobs it up against the board on his backhand to the other team.

Like the dude has all the tools, the size, the skating but has the hockey sense and hands of a donkey.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I just don't understand what management sees in Ceci and how they possibly can think he still has room for progression. There is no trend of him getting better. Maybe they should relegate him to the bottom pairing where he might show a glimmer of competence but he is in way over his head.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I don't understand what went wrong with Harpur. He looked sooo good in 2017 in the final games of the season + playoff run. He was so calm and poised with the puck. Now, he seems to be the exact opposite.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
I don't understand what went wrong with Harpur. He looked sooo good in 2017 in the final games of the season + playoff run. He was so calm and poised with the puck. Now, he seems to be the exact opposite.

It's called playing with that call up adrenaline, eventually it will wear off.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00