Low Effort GDT Sens vs Jets

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
i think his point was if Phillips is there, Neil should be too. Not sure i agree but i always have time for a Chris Neil debate/convo.
Ah...I took it as, "...if 1000 is what it takes then fine..." as in, "If only Neil has 1k games as don't think Philly made a bigger impact".

I think Ring Of Honour more than number retired though...that needs to be extra special.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Was going to make a full GDT anyway but there's literally zero info about tonight posted anywhere(we are such a professional org lol) so there wouldn't be much to add.

Edit: I see now the pre-game availability is at 4pm so I guess we'll know more about who's in the lineup then. Hopefully Stu and Bath are back.

Last edited:
Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I mean, we could probably hang names and numbers in the rafters and still let other players use the number.

Yeah my point was that Neiler also played 1000 games, which is pretty epic on its own for a player of his style, let alone all for one team.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The Sabers are going to finish ahead of us. Hard to watch this team for 2 hours right now, but I’ll give them a shot

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Please hockey gods dont let us go on a season end run. PLEASE. Let the Devils and Flyers pass us too.

I want another game changer on offense. That would be incredible.

As much as I love our high pick players, I am kind of tired of only having the draft to look forward to before the season even comes to an end...going on five straight years of this now.

Winning is always more fun, but yes I understand the important of hitting on another star forward in this next draft.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
As much as I love our high pick players, I am kind of tired of only having the draft to look forward to before the season even comes to an end...going on five straight years of this now.

Winning is always more fun, but yes I understand the important of hitting on another star forward in this next draft.

I remember last time I was cheering for a loss at the end of the year we ended up losing the game against the Kings and finishing 2nd last in the standings. Letting the Kings pass us in the standings ahead of the 2020 draft.

Then when the draft lottery came up the Kings won the 2nd pick so technically we could've possibly* had that 2nd pick had we won the last game of the season against the Kings.

And the Kings drafted Byfield and we got Stutzle.... So I guess it doesn't really matter :laugh:

Last edited:

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I remember last time I was cheering for a loss at the end of the year we ended up losing the game against the Kings and finishing 2nd last in the standings. Letting the Kings pass us in the standings ahead of the 2020 draft.

Then when the draft lottery came up the Kings won the 2nd pick so technically we could've possibly* had that 2nd pick had we won the last game of the season against the Kings.

And the Kings drafted Byfield and we got Stutzle.... So I guess it doesn't really matter :laugh:
That was the last game before the covid shutdown, the GDT was fun.

Reactions: Boud

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Feels good when the team you cheer for wins. Sens fans have had their share of suffering through the pains and approach taken through this rebuild. We seem to have switched modes often this season in terms of priority to develop vs win and It is a tough tight rope to walk .. you want the team to play at its best .. you want to continue to develop and you want to see where you are with slotting in your lineup. What's most important to me now again/still is development. I am glad Sogaard is getting another game here and I think he should get more even splits even though as coach DJ says Forsberg gives them the best chance to win. If Sogaard is here rather than helping his team in Belleville get to the playoffs ..I want to see him play a more even share and I don't want to hang losses on him. I'd like to see DJ continue to focus on development of the young players and not just the top 3 players .. meaning I want to see players that have a future here and we don't always see on the PP or the PK given chances to expand and elevate their games vs I think this will give us the best chance to win the game. Like I said its a tough tightrope to walk but my priority is development vs the win.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Losing is fine. But it is how the team is losing is the problem.

If the Sens were competitive in their losses, then sure.

But if they lose the rest of the season like they lost yesterday, then f*** that.

We just won 3 games.

The loss against the Rangers was going to happen no matter what look at the lineup we had. Missing Bath, Stu, Chabot, Pinto. These are huge pieces, enormous pieces of this team. That's our 2 best forwards at driving offense and our best defensemen who plays 30 mins a night.

The Rangers are an absolute force this season. We have depth issues on this team even when everyone is healthy. Forget competing with those teams when we're missing all these players.

Now obviously Im not saying you should watch the games because it is a waste of time but it's not like the team has a chance here. No matter how good your team is it would be pretty hard to overcome missing your best forward, best defensemen and 2nd + 3rd line center.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Feels good when the team you cheer for wins. Sens fans have had their share of suffering through the pains and approach taken through this rebuild. We seem to have switched modes often this season in terms of priority to develop vs win and It is a tough tight rope to walk .. you want the team to play at its best .. you want to continue to develop and you want to see where you are with slotting in your lineup. What's most important to me now again/still is development. I am glad Sogaard is getting another game here and I think he should get more even splits even though as coach DJ says Forsberg gives them the best chance to win. If Sogaard is here rather than helping his team in Belleville get to the playoffs ..I want to see him play a more even share and I don't want to hang losses on him. I'd like to see DJ continue to focus on development of the young players and not just the top 3 players .. meaning I want to see players that have a future here and we don't always see on the PP or the PK given chances to expand and elevate their games vs I think this will give us the best chance to win the game. Like I said its a tough tightrope to walk but my priority is development vs the win.

Losing is fine. it just depends on how they lose.

If they lose the remaining games like they lost yesterday, then f*** that shit.

I agree with both of you, I realize we have missed the playoffs again and at this point winning is pointless...to an extent. The higher the draft position the more of a chance we land a better prospect however, I get the sense, and I think most of us do that our core players are sick and tired of being embarrassed on the ice. It is not their fault, they have been left to fend for themselves all year because of poor depth on this team, and it showed with amount of injuries this season.

We can keep drafting high and bringing in young players with skill that might help us down the road, but picking 2nd instead of 7th this summer for example, is not going to make us a better team starting next season. I would rather these young guys finish the season strong with hope that our GM can make the right moves to help this team take the next step next year, otherwise it will simply be more of the same.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Losing is fine. it just depends on how they lose.

If they lose the remaining games like they lost yesterday, then f*** that shit.

Colorado had one of the worst seasons in the history of the league in 2016/2017, with a lotttt of young guys on it like Lando, Rantanen, Mack, Duchene, then made playoffs in 2017/2018. The guy they got.. his name is Makar(yes they dropped but still secured a top pick that became franchise altering).

I could give a damn how we lose last 10 games.

Give me Slafkovsky/Cooley/Nemec/Wright/Jiri

Then do everything you can to not lose next season. This season is done. No amount of "morale" wins are going to impact next year. We finished off last year 15-6-1 or something and started 4-17 this season.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I agree with both of you, I realize we have missed the playoffs again and at this point winning is pointless...to an extent. The higher the draft position the more of a chance we land a better prospect however, I get the sense, and I think most of us do that our core players are sick and tired of being embarrassed on the ice. It is not their fault, they have been left to fend for themselves all year because of poor depth on this team, and it showed with amount of injuries this season.

We can keep drafting high and bringing in young players with skill that might help us down the road, but picking 2nd instead of 7th this summer for example, is not going to make us a better team starting next season. I would rather these young guys finish the season strong with hope that our GM can make the right moves to help this team take the next step next year, otherwise it will simply be more of the same.
I am not as stuck on the draft this year as in the past couple. If we get a top 5 pick great.. if we get one in the 6-10 range I would look to package that pick in a trade for a quality top 6 forward or a top 4 D. I'd even top ~5 protect it to make a deal ahead of the draft. I want the focus to be on growing the games of the young players with a future. I am not sure how much individual coaching these guys get on that or if its all team all the time and what you can do to help the team win.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

It matters some years when elite generational talent is available. I do not see such generational talent this year so a top 5 pick would be OK since there are apparently a top 5 who seem to be rated more highly than those below them. We won't have a better look until the final draft ratings come out from some of the reliable rating agencies.

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021
Might be pretty tough to attract a top UFA if the team doesn't show some progress in the current season.

Reactions: hn777

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
It matters some years when elite generational talent is available. I do not see such generational talent this year so a top 5 pick would be OK since there are apparently a top 5 who seem to be rated more highly than those below them. We won't have a better look until the final draft ratings come out from some of the reliable rating agencies.

IMO there's a clear top 5 for a few reasons:

For me, the most indicative measure of success, is performances in pro-leagues. Insert Slafkovksy, Nemec and Jiri. That latter two have been sensational in their pro-leagues. Slafkovsky been realllly good in second half and doing very well in playoffs. Guy also scored 7 goals in the Olympics.

Wright is Wright-even though there are some reservations, his past 2 seasons were remarkable and he finished off 2 PPG second half of this one basically. While also being the most complete draftee, that's brilliant.

Cooley has been awesome everywhere. Facing off against top teams in his league , or even against the College teams, he has been most consistent threat constantly while also having a powerful 2 way presence.

You have someone like Lekki who killed it in J20, and showed some powerful bursts in SHL, that guy can maybe be better than few in the top 5 I mentioned above, but those guys been pretty consistent all year, hard to not like them and feel confident there. Nazar is brilliant and producing like Cooley but without the 2 way presence.

Nonetheless, another reason I want us to have a top 5 pick, is not to choose one of those guys necessarily, our GM and scouts can have vastly diff top 5, it's to give them highest possible chance to pick THEIR GUY instead of their 3rd/4th backup who they HOPE can be better than their guy.

We killed it with 4th overall. Killed it with 3rd overall and 5th overall. I want another high pick so we get the guy we know is the best or close to it. I don't want our scouts to try and get creative with it.

Reactions: Cosmix

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Lets go!

Attachments

• 20220410_190516.jpg
    20220410_190516.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad