Pre-Game Talk: Sens vs Crosbyless Penguins: Sat 17 Nov, 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Kessel is a known Sens killer - we'll need to watch him carefully. Obviously not the fastest or toughest guy on the planet, but he's a pure goal scorer.

Looking forward to this one. Sorry to all the fans who bought tickets hoping to see 87, but my primary goal is to see a Sens victory. A couple more wins here and we are right back in the wildcard race...

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Kessel is a known Sens killer - we'll need to watch him carefully. Obviously not the fastest or toughest guy on the planet, but he's a pure goal scorer.

Looking forward to this one. Sorry to all the fans who bought tickets hoping to see 87, but my primary goal is to see a Sens victory. A couple more wins here and we are right back in the wildcard race...
Still have that sight of him baiting a slashing call from the refs in the playoffs,where he grabs the opposite hand in which he was slashed...Such a cheap play

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
giphy.gif

Is he wrong, though? I mean, I went to 20+ games of crap last year. Literally wanted to pull your hair out.

You can hate the poster, but his post is not what you are all making it out to be. They quit last year , really early.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Lets make it 2 in a row,we need to start piling up some wins at home before we head out on the road

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I love reading talk about hopeful wins!

Nice to watch Crosby play.... other teams, let’s win this one!

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Why do your GDT posts always sound like an ad to buy tickets?
Sorry, just stating the obvious. Excited and not a Debbie Downer. My kids actually cheer for the team and not the owner. You should try and take a page out of their book, really simple rudiments of being a fan. I guess they are just innocent!

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Sorry, just stating the obvious. Excited and not a Debbie Downer. My kids actually cheer for the team and not the owner. You should try and take a page out of their book, really simple rudiments of being a fan. I guess they are just innocent!

No, it's the fact that you only ever post in a pro-Melnyk fashion, when the discussion wasn't about Melnyk at all. Like you're forcing the topic. There was no prior discussion about Melnyk at all.

And there's the part where you do this sort of thing ALL OF THE TIME.

And then there's the part where you almost never discuss anything other than Melnyk, or how bad the old team was compared to this great new one (or an equivalent take).

It's hard not to notice.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Meh, I think folks need to step back from the edge of the conspiracy abyss. The poster (@mysens) is affluent and enjoys bringing his family to the games. He may be a braggart or conspicuous consumer, but he does appear to genuinely support the team and encourages others to as well. Of all the things to complain about with this team, complaining about a guy who brings his family to most games and has fun at those games seems to be a low point for this board.
Seriously, the happy consumer/customer/fan will be vilified if posting in any GDT. That must give some people on here cause for concern no?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Meh, I think folks need to step back from the edge of the conspiracy abyss. The poster (@mysens) is affluent and enjoys bringing his family to the games. He may be a braggart or conspicuous consumer, but he does appear to genuinely support the team and encourages others to as well. Of all the things to complain about with this team, complaining about a guy who brings his family to most games and has fun at those es seems to be a low point for this board.
Seriously, the happy consumer/customer/fan will be vilified if posting in any GDT. That must give some people on here cause for concern no?

I just want to point out I'm not accusing mysens as a bot or anything.

I'm pointing out a consistent pattern of behavior and posting habits. That's all. I think he's a real dude, just one who makes a habit of going out of his way to tune his posts in a specific way that makes him sound a bit like a ticket agent.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

I'm pointing out a consistent pattern of behavior and posting habits. That's all. I think he's a real dude, just one who makes a habit of going out of his way to tune his posts in a specific way that makes him sound a bit like a ticket agent.

Wow. It sounds like he is too positive. Let's burn the witch!

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa

Yeah, my point is that he is allowed to have that sunny viewpoint. It's just that for me, with all of the crap that is happening with this team, singling out the rare optimistic and well heeled customer seems off-putting. He doesn't help his own cause by constantly bragging, but at a certain point, if his experiences are true, that he is in a position to purchase tickets for his family and enjoys those game day experiences, at a certain point can't folks just say "good for you" and ignore the bravado.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Wow. It sounds like he is too positive. Let's burn the witch!

Positivity isn't the issue, obviously. Lots of posters here are positive, and are fantastic posters. That's not my point at all, and you know it.

Since I call one posters out for sounding like a ticket rep, that then means naturally that I hate all positive posters, and are out to get all of them? You should be ashamed of that kind of terrible logic. That's the kind of terrible argument that they try to hammer out if you in middle school, if not earlier.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Yeah, my point is that he is allowed to have that sunny viewpoint. It's just that for me, with all of the crap that is happening with this team, singling out the rare optimistic and well heeled customer seems off-putting. He doesn't help his own cause by constantly bragging, but at a certain point, if his experiences are true, that he is in a position to purchase tickets for his family and enjoys those game day experiences, at a certain point can't folks just say "good for you" and ignore the bravado.

And MY point was that he almost always sounds like he's trying to sell tickets. I didn't even frame it as a bad thing, I didn't editorialize that point at all. He is well within his rights to post however he wants, but if you do something often enough and with enough frequency, people will start to notice. I just made what I thought was a humorous and poignant observation about a thing that is true.

Nothing I said was untrue or mean-spirited.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Positivity isn't the issue, obviously. Lots of posters here are positive, and are fantastic posters. That's not my point at all, and you know it.

Since I call one posters out for sounding like a ticket rep, that then means naturally that I hate all positive posters, and are out to get all of them? You should be ashamed of that kind of terrible logic. That's the kind of terrible argument that they try to hammer out if you in middle school, if not earlier.
It's his M.O

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

Calling out anyone for being to positive is not good. I would think people should be respectfully making arguments if their view or opinion differs. I am just fed up of the constant pro-negativity on forum 19, no filters. Just a lot of spite spread over every type of thread. Sorry for getting wound up...

:wave::grinch::wave:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

From the article:
"Duchene believes the longer the Senators can hang around the .500 mark, the more they can keep things interesting."

Wel, history would probably show that the longer you hang around the .500 mark, the further away you get from a playoff spot... but I suppose in a season where doom-and-gloom was predicted, finishing around or close to .500 is probably seen as a bit of a good thing, comparatively.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Calling out anyone for being to positive is not good.

Well it's a good thing I didn't do that, then, isn't it?

I get that you're fed up with the negativity in a season (and off-season) full of it, and I apreciate the frustration thete, but how about next time you pick your targets a little more accurately, eh?

Yeah, that would be better for everyone here, thanks. Appreciate your effort on this going forward.

Reactions: Variable26

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

I like this quote from the article

No one could have predicted that Chabot, by this stage, would be leading Karlsson by 22 points to 10, and five goals to zero for EK65. Yet, that’s where we are. Thrust into a top-pairing role in his sophomore season, Chabot, 21, is better than a point per game, playing 23-plus minutes per night, and has an even plus-minus rating despite all the goals Ottawa has given up.

As fluid a skater as there is in the game, Chabot has gone to another level with his poise and confidence. He anchors a power play ranked 8th in the NHL, fifth on home ice at 31.7 per cent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad