Pre-Game Talk: SENS vs Chicago, Thursday 7:30 pm (Home Opener)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I guess we’re going back to the ole’ “let the other team take a million shots so long as they are perimeter/low percentage shots” system.

AKA as the “riding unsustainable goaltending” system.

It's hard to tell after one game against one opponent.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
that was the third goal.. not "the first two"

Yes, my bad, and the second goal was debatable at best. Hell, the first goal I will admit was soft, but it was also an easily blockable shot by Chabot who decided to not only screen the shot, but let it go through.

Especially when year after year we know how teams come out of the gate and the entire league is rusty as hell. We need a 10 game sample at least.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Especially when year after year we know how teams come out of the gate and the entire league is rusty as hell. We need a 10 game sample at least.

The way I see it, when everyone is rusty, that's our best chance to be competitive.

Those first 10 games are when we have our opportunity to put up points.

As the more skilled teams get their legs under them, it's going to get tougher and tougher.

Reactions: Alex1234

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I know. I’m just being cranky.

tenor.gif

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I acknowledge that I'm not being fair to our goalies.

But they're going to have to be somewhat better than the league average for us to avoid a high lottery pick.

Giving up a lottery pick is my expectation at this point.. More embarrassment incoming.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I acknowledge that I'm not being fair to our goalies.

But they're going to have to be somewhat better than the league average for us to avoid a high lottery pick.

I just don't see it happening. I don't think our tandem will be as bad as their atrocious previous season, but they're not bailing this team out. No way in hell. We need a Tim Thomas playing under CTC lighting to pull that off.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm confused.

We are going to split them up on the road so other teams can't take advantage of them, but we are going to play them together at home, against the players that the other teams would be putting out to take advantage of them?

What am I missing?

Exactly .. I have no idea.. hopefully he was just trying to not say anything negative and we don't see them together any more.

This is troubling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad