Pre-Game Talk: SENS vs Chicago, Thursday 7:30 pm (Home Opener)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
40 pages of what I assume is the typical bs that is here all the time

heck of a game last night. fast paced. lots of excitement. I thought we deserved a better fate

thanks to all the boycotters. ... I got dirt cheap tickets and out of the parking lot real quick

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
40 pages of what I assume is the typical bs that is here all the time

heck of a game last night. fast paced. lots of excitement. I thought we deserved a better fate

thanks to all the boycotters. ... I got dirt cheap tickets and out of the parking lot real quick

Hard to feel we got shortchanged when Chicago had 40+ shots

Reactions: Cheapseats

Cheapseats

Cigars N F-Bombs
Mar 2, 2004
Hard to feel we got shortchanged when Chicago had 40+ shots

It could have got ugly really fast. Glad they hung in for the tie. It’s going to be a long year for Andy. I also saw a lot of positive posts through this thread where it was due. I knew there would be at least one bs post from a fan of the game scolding the forum posters while boasting about his parking lot exit...haha

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ceci always f***s up the defensive cycle. It’s like winger takes hit to go back around the birds. Other d man sucks in winger and cycles it in behind. Then ceci is like “oh f*** oh right that’s me” and the puck goes by him and the far wing always gets it in the other corner. And then chaos begins.

On a positive note. I’m pretty vocal on white. I thought he played well last night. Really well even. He does make some super strange decisions when he’s carrying the puck through the neutral zone though

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Entertaining game.

White looked good, Lajoie looked great.

Agree with the poster who criticized Dzingle -- looked completely disinterested to me.

Boro - Ceci will remain together and log way more ice time than our other pairings.... so get used to it!

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Dzingel didn't have a lot of opportunities but he did have that steal and a breakaway with a decent move.

Pyatt's steal on Kane was hilarious.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
One softie? Definitely two. Could argue the OT goal as well. He was below average. Not good enough.

You’re crazy man. Crazy.

I’m not going down the goalie debate hole anymore though it’s just tiring. Just hoping Andy plays awesome enough to maybe where he has some value for a trade down the line and I can watch him play behind an actual defense.

40 plus SOG per game might be the norm this season so.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
A third line 36 year old demanding an extension from the team acquiring him at the deadline in order to waive doesn't increase his trade value, it lowers it.

When you're getting a player, at the deadline, with two more years on his contract, he's not a rental, as was suggested when compared to the EK65 trade.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Overall, I was actually happy with the performance.

The D is bad, but I expected it to be bad. The forward group played well. Boedker stood out and so did Formenton which is great to see.

I think we'll score goals this year. It's preventing them that will be our bugaboo.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Fun game to watch. All the kids out there were running high on adrenaline. Unfortunately, we all know that peters out in the first 10-15 games or so. But for now, there's a wee bit of fun to be had with the kids. The vets, however, look like they all have a touch of that "locker room cancer" bug.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Big difference in the PP, when compared to what is was last season.

It's just one game though.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
About what i expected...decent effort but out skilled in a loss, there will be many of these games this season. 15.8 k attendance...looking forward to that dropping significantly over the next few weeks!

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Overall, I was actually happy with the performance.

The D is bad, but I expected it to be bad. The forward group played well. Boedker stood out and so did Formenton which is great to see.

I think we'll score goals this year. It's preventing them that will be our bugaboo.

I'll tune in to watch that. It's when we can't score that I'll tune out.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
You’re crazy man. Crazy.

I’m not going down the goalie debate hole anymore though it’s just tiring. Just hoping Andy plays awesome enough to maybe where he has some value for a trade down the line and I can watch him play behind an actual defense.

40 plus SOG per game might be the norm this season so.
what debate.. the first two goals were soft. theres no arguing there

Reactions: SAK11

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
40 saves is a lot true but Ward made the saves that counted and Anderson didn't. Ward made the breakaway save and the cross crease gorgeous save. Anderson couldn't stop a back-hand from an angle albeit it was Kane but if we wanna stay out of the basement, that can't go in.

Reactions: Xspyrit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad