Pre-Game Talk: SENS vs Chicago, Thursday 7:30 pm (Home Opener)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
What's worse, hating management and having a team to go see or having no team and watching them become the Seattle Senators?
I see you have no clue how relocation or franchise addition works.

They aren't going to move an existing franchise to Seattle, they are getting a new team, to bring the conferences to 16 each.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
Yep, he produced at that pace in just 16 games last season (5 of which Karlsson was absent for). Hopefully he can do it over a full year. He has good skill and won best dman in AHL award not too long ago. Good opportunity for him.
I hope you guys are right, but I suspect that the opposite will happen -- Wideman will be exposed this year as a borderline NHL d-man.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Sens are so desperate to sell game tickets they are bribing people with Timberlake tickets

lol.png

Eugene I refuse, you must have me confused
With some other guy
The bridges were burned, now it's your turn
To cry

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I see you have no clue how relocation or franchise addition works.

They aren't going to move an existing franchise to Seattle, they are getting a new team, to bring the conferences to 16 each.
Well let's keep it that way. I'd rather support the team we have instead of sitting at home worshipping a poster of Erik Karlsson and crying like some of the ppl on here.

Reactions: PickleRick

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
No I'm a loyal fan. Don't get me wrong I hate management just like everyone else but I support the players left on the team. Stone, Duchene, Tkatchuk etc. Plus the Sens rebounded after losing Spezza, Heatley, Chara, Hossa, Alfie and they will rebound from this.

You're enabling a shithead owner that hates you

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Oh but I do. A lot of people bashing others for going to games because they have nothing but financial boycott on their minds. You can keep that in the boycott thread. This is game day thread.
We're doing what we can to secure a future for this team. The team won't survive with Melnyk as the owner.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Aren't we all excited that we traded the best defenceman in the world for a guy centering our 4th line and a 6th dman? :)

#WeAreATeam

Correction. We traded the best defenseman for 6 Assets (as part of most important trade in rebuild). If 6 Assets doesn't make you want to buy tickets then I don't know what to tell you.

Lmao this shit writes itself. Too good.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
We're doing what we can to secure a future for this team. The team won't survive with Melnyk as the owner.
Last time I checked, Melnyk isn't going anywhere anytime soon. He doesn't care if nobody shows up at the games or if fans try to run him out of town. His massive ego only cares about owning a NHL team. The way I look at it.. I'm going to cheer on the players on the ice in hopes they see that fans care regardless of what a POS our owner is. I don't want to disrespect our existing players by having them play in front of empty arena. Stone deserves better, Anderson deserves better as well as others who are still here.

Reactions: Clayonator

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Nice to have an opinion.. but IMO we should keep the boycott talk out of the GDTs.. And we certainly should not be critical of people who chose to go to the games.
Ya I agree but if people are gonna come in virtue signalling and say how proud they are to support a shitshow and how much better of a fan they are, then I mean you gotta expect some blowback. You're looking for a response at that point.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Nice to have an opinion.. but IMO we should keep the boycott talk out of the GDTs.. And we certainly should not be critical of people who chose to go to the games.

Yeah it would be nice to have an actual sens hockey discussion thread that wasn’t infiltrated by some forced topic of Melnyk being and doing what he is and does. It’s old news and should be kept in its own thread. Sometimes people want to discuss other topics that pertain to the Sens which may come off as shocking to certain members of this board.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I have nothing but love for yal. Some of us love the Sens more than our own families. Why else would we spend so much time on a nhl discussion forum? Hope none of my comments come across hateful. I reserve hate for the badlands.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
You're enabling a ****head owner that hates you

No, he likes paying customers. We aren't the problem. We aren't the fans he talked about in December 2017.

[Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad