Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Stars Mar. 22 (3 p.m. Eastern) The Sad Face Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Sadly it's pretty well much a given that this team won't the playoffs. They haven't gelled as a team all year long so why would we expect them to suddenly find the magic chemistry. I want this team prove me wrong and go on a tear but that's not going to happen. Some players need to go and have overstayed their welcome!

Lastly with no Sens this year it's going to be unbearable in TO if the Laafs make the playoffs and win a playoff round!!! :cry:

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
I think 1996 was the last time that the Leafs made the playoffs and the Sens didn't.

:(

we can only hope.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
Well we have a chance to play spoiler at least. If we take care of the stars we put the blues into the playoffs assuming they don't take care of the flyers. We can also help the sharks clinch if we beat the stars and they take care of the caps.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Well we have a chance to play spoiler at least. If we take care of the stars we put the blues into the playoffs assuming they don't take care of the flyers. We can also help the sharks clinch if we beat the stars and they take care of the caps.

The best part of playing the role of spoiler:
We play the Leafs in our second last game. How sweet would it be if the Leafs miss because we beat them?

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
He's done until the Sens are mathematically eliminated. I'm sure he wanted nothing to do with the meltdown we've seen in the past 2 weeks.

Which is why I've never liked Anderson. Yes, Lehner has been horrendous and is clearly showing he is not ready to take the reins but at least he cares, shows some passion and some accountability. On the other hand, Anderson has a history of quitting on teams when the going gets tough and it's been no different this year.

Mar 17, 2014
Can't even tank properly due to not having a 1st rounder. On top of that, Ryan has been complete garbage the last 2 months.

Please bring up som prospects for a game or two, to at least give us fans something to look forward to every game.

Claesson for example. (waive Philloops :sarcasm: )

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Which is why I've never liked Anderson. Yes, Lehner has been horrendous and is clearly showing he is not ready to take the reins but at least he cares, shows some passion and some accountability. On the other hand, Anderson has a history of quitting on teams when the going gets tough and it's been no different this year.

There's no evidence that Anderson has ever quit on any team. That's just talk from bitter Colorado fans.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
How I feel about our team's season and future:

0.jpg

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
There's no evidence that Anderson has ever quit on any team. That's just talk from bitter Colorado fans.

Anderson was offered a 3.7 million per year contract from Colorado and basically pulled the chute on them, citing personal issues and so on so that he wouldn't have to play all the games.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_17439991

"According to NHL sources, Anderson — traded by Colorado to Ottawa for goalie Brian Elliott — was offered a two-year, $7.5 million contract extension during the offseason. Had Anderson accepted the offer, it would have given him a raise of nearly 200 percent on the $1.8 million he averaged in his nearly two seasons with the Avs. Keep in mind, that wouldn't have been a bad paycheck for a guy who, despite a fine regular season, didn't win a playoff round and the goalie who won the Stanley Cup — Chicago's Antti Niemi — was given a one-year, $2 million contract by an arbitrator."

Anderson has pulled the chute at least twice over the past few years. First the frozen chicken excuse, now a mysterious upper body injury that he doesn't seem in a rush to recover from.

I'll take Lehner. He's unpolished and he needs expereince but at least he doesn't sulk or give up on plays when the opposition gets ahead (Watch Anderson's shoulders slump when he gives up a goal or two).

Cheapseats

Cigars N F-Bombs
Mar 2, 2004
4-1 Stars...frustration leads to a breakdown. Someone will eat a suspension...Who wants to finish this season....haha

Cheapseats

Cigars N F-Bombs
Mar 2, 2004

Agreed. He can suck out.

Cheapseats

Cigars N F-Bombs
Mar 2, 2004
The best part of playing the role of spoiler:
We play the Leafs in our second last game. How sweet would it be if the Leafs miss because we beat them?

Meh. Sens playing a must win against the leafs ? Toronto wins every time, Kadri lights it up

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Looks like you guys are about as optimistic as we are on the Stars board. :laugh:

Well, one team snaps their slump tonight, at least. If that team ends up being Ottawa, more power to ya.

Good luck. ;)

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Anderson was offered a 3.7 million per year contract from Colorado and basically pulled the chute on them, citing personal issues and so on so that he wouldn't have to play all the games.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_17439991

"According to NHL sources, Anderson — traded by Colorado to Ottawa for goalie Brian Elliott — was offered a two-year, $7.5 million contract extension during the offseason. Had Anderson accepted the offer, it would have given him a raise of nearly 200 percent on the $1.8 million he averaged in his nearly two seasons with the Avs. Keep in mind, that wouldn't have been a bad paycheck for a guy who, despite a fine regular season, didn't win a playoff round and the goalie who won the Stanley Cup — Chicago's Antti Niemi — was given a one-year, $2 million contract by an arbitrator."

Anderson has pulled the chute at least twice over the past few years. First the frozen chicken excuse, now a mysterious upper body injury that he doesn't seem in a rush to recover from.

I'll take Lehner. He's unpolished and he needs expereince but at least he doesn't sulk or give up on plays when the opposition gets ahead (Watch Anderson's shoulders slump when he gives up a goal or two).

That's not "quitting" on the team. Those are called contract negotiations and checking the market.

...and frozen chicken excuse? Seriously? The way his hand was cut there was no way he'd be able to play. It was not an "excuse"; it was an injury.

Have you seen what Anderson looks like without the goalie gear on? The dude is a walking skeleton. When he gets injured there's no way for him to come back and play unless he's 100%. He has no extra body strength or stamina to play injured.

melnyk budget*

I'm not optimistic the sens can score 6 goals. We know Lehner is gonna let one in early into the game. probably 2 more by the end of the 1st. another 1 or 2 softies in the second. he tends to get better as the game goes on but another softie or two in the third.

yep, we need about 5-6 goals in this game.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Calling it now: 1-0 15 round shootout with Matt Kassian potting the winner.

Looks like you guys are about as optimistic as we are on the Stars board. :laugh:

Well, one team snaps their slump tonight, at least. If that team ends up being Ottawa, more power to ya.

Good luck. ;)

See above :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad