Dreger: Sens sitting Ceci and Boedker

Richter35

Oct 30, 2006
What is dorion’s plan? Make sure Colorado definitely gets Hughes? These guys are still under team control and they have 20 games to play- they need bodies. Trade them at the draft if people are interested

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So what. Schultz also got 39 PP points in 203 games in that period. I guess they just don't count because they're on the powerplay.

If your argument is that Ceci would get 15 PP points per year if only his coach would let him, then I disagree.

They don't count because the Oilers didn't have Erik Karlsson on their team as their top unit PPQB.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Have you watched the Sens play even one game is this season!??
giphy.gif

Yeah, I watch every game. He'll fit in nicely on a contending team's bottom six and provide secondary offense. That's exactly what he is.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Sometimes you gotta give up some assets to get rid of some trash under contract.

The Sens are not giving assets to trade Ceci and Boedker. We suck and need players to reach the floor anyway. There's no motivating factor to give up assets to do this. Both of those players would do better outside of Ottawa.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
The Sens are not giving assets to trade Ceci and Boedker. We suck and need players to reach the floor anyway. There's no motivating factor to give up assets to do this. Both of those players would do better outside of Ottawa.
I dont know man i wouldnt take either one of im not getting some consideration for taking them.

Ceci is on a 4.5 mil contract. Hes a fringe ahler.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
What is dorion’s plan? Make sure Colorado definitely gets Hughes? These guys are still under team control and they have 20 games to play- they need bodies. Trade them at the draft if people are interested

The Senators are destined to finsih 31st with the roster they have.

If they can get good value for players that aren't in the plans . . . trade em all.

I came to terms with an 18% chance that COlorado gets hughes for a while now.

Reactions: SensFactor

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I dont know man i wouldnt take either one of im not getting some consideration for taking them.

I think you're underestimating both players. They're both able to contribute if put in the right environment. This is coming from one of Ceci's harshest critics as well.

Reactions: topshelf15

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
I think you're underestimating both players. They're both able to contribute if put in the right environment. This is coming from one of Ceci's harshest critics as well.
Ceci has a 4.5 mil contract. For what he brings hes overpaid by about 3.5 9r 4 mil.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Ceci has a 4.5 mil contract. For what he brings hes overpaid by about 3.5 9r 4 mil.

Lol you realize his contract is up at the end of the year, right? We can literally walk away from him at zero cost... also, he makes 4.3, not 4.5

I want Ceci to get traded, mostly just so the morons of HFBoards can reel in shock and then say "you know, he's actually decent" 2 yrs down the road

Reactions: h2 and MasterMatt25

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Lol you realize his contract is up at the end of the year, right? We can literally walk away from him at zero cost... also, he makes 4.3, not 4.5

I want Ceci to get traded, mostly just so the morons of HFBoards can reel in shock and then say "you know, he's actually decent" 2 yrs down the road
Good luck with that.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Good luck with that.

Lmao with what? Using a well-known function of RFA contracts or getting value for Ceci, which literally every insider in the league has said will happen if we trade him?

You live in a fantasy world and its hilarious and sad

Absolutely

I wouldnt be so sure... Zaitsev might have value to some teams but he is signed long term (5 more yrs) at 4.5mil and with 7mil in signing bonuses. I dont think the Leafs would give what we would want to make it happen

Reactions: h2

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
No. Ceci is really bad. Schultz was pretty bad defensively most of his career. But at least he could score. Ceci offers neither.

You realize Ceci has borderline 1st pairing offensive numbers, correct? 32nd in RHD scoring, 15th in even strength points. with 31 teams that is top pairing numbers.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
You realize Ceci has borderline 1st pairing offensive numbers, correct? 32nd in RHD scoring, 15th in even strength points. with 31 teams that is top pairing numbers.

And thevgoals against are atrocious. Every year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad